Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Stevo...you continue your delusions about Demoncraps being "centrist". I have NO idea where you get that line of "bull", unless it's from the Communist Party blogs. Root happens to be a Libertarian, not a Republican. I recall that you used to call yourself a libertarian (with a small L). How did you get so far to the left? Face it, the Demoncraps are run by Marxist/Leninist folks. You can't get much further from you former libertarian views. Your brother is right, BTW. 555555555555555

HH

• Like 1

<< He was an associate professor at the Univ. of Chicago. >>

So the Dems love to say! In fact he is listed as a "senior lecturer", and that after 12 years carried on the faculty. Lecturer is the bottom level in academic rankings. It is all that foreigners are allowed to hold in Thailand, too. Our Thai colleagues get promoted; we are frozen at the bottom.

I have a friend who is a Cambridge PhD and was never more than a lecturer in the 5 years he taught in the UK. Teaching at a university does not make one a professor. :(

Why must the Dems pad the President's resume? Is lying second nature in politics?

Even Ronald Reagan today would beat any Democrat for elected office in Kansas. I believe that Kansas is the most Republican state. We have a Governor, Sam Brownback, that was elected 2 years ago and since then has pushed his agenda of privatizing many government agencies, like medicaid and severely cutting back any education subsidies. He hasn't been able to do much yet, because the Kansas Senate had a majority of moderate Republicans. As of last night, Brownback got enough of his conservative, religious candidates elected to control both the executive and legislative branches in the state. He will now turn his attention to the judicial, to make sure what he gets passed isn't overturned. It makes me want to move across the state line in Kansas City into Missouri.

I think what will happen is eventually they are so far right that the pendulum will swing the other way and ultimately hurt any very conservative candidate. You'll have your niches where they welcome that kind of person but statewide in a fairly diverse state, well, it will end up hurting that ideology. Wisconsin, Arizona are going realize how they are looking to everyone.

Stevo...you continue your delusions about Demoncraps being "centrist". I have NO idea where you get that line of "bull", unless it's from the Communist Party blogs. Root happens to be a Libertarian, not a Republican. I recall that you used to call yourself a libertarian (with a small L). How did you get so far to the left? Face it, the Demoncraps are run by Marxist/Leninist folks. You can't get much further from you former libertarian views. Your brother is right, BTW. 555555555555555

HH

HH! Been too long, we missed ya and your fringe right ideology! haha...messing with ya (although its true...haha). You're genuinely missed.

Now, time to educate you. You know very well, the Democratic party became Centrists in the early '90s. They haven't fielded a 'liberal' candidate since Mondale maybe. Dukakis for some, but not me. Clinton, Gore, Kerry and your friend and mine, Obama all centrists.

As for Wayne Root, you can't get laid these days saying you're a Republican so many have started saying they're Libertarians. Wayne Root couldn't spell Libertarian.

My brother is perplexed. He thinks I must be banging some come far left chick and the pussy is so good, I'm willing to sell out my ideals according to him. He knows I love the ladies but good pussy can't sway me from the eternal truth even if some cutie gave me that ultimatum.

C'mon HH, you're too nice of a guy to keep believing the bull they're feeding you in that party. It will feel a little awkward at first being liberal but in the end you'll enjoy it. Its kinda like the first time a girl rims you. You feel a little dirty, you think you shouldn't be doing it but you realize there is not only nothing wrong with it, but its natural.

For the Lord's sake it may be time to get over academic titles.

Handbook of Academic Titles

"There are over 3,300 accredited colleges and universities in the United States. These institutions have conferred on their academic faculties and staff a bewildering array of titles and designations. The titles can be confusing and their significance is often misunderstood. Some titles imply that the holder has tenure, while others do not. Some suggest a concentration in research rather than teaching, while others convey that the incumbent is primarily engaged in activities outside of an academic institution. In addition, a menagerie of prefixes and modifiers are used to indicate rank and other status information. Adding to the complexity of the problem is the fact that the same title may have different meanings at different institutions. The purpose of this handbook is to provide a thorough glossary explaining the significance of most titles in use in the United States today."

LINK

For the Lord's sake it may be time to get over academic titles.

Handbook of Academic Titles

"There are over 3,300 accredited colleges and universities in the United States. These institutions have conferred on their academic faculties and staff a bewildering array of titles and designations. The titles can be confusing and their significance is often misunderstood. Some titles imply that the holder has tenure, while others do not. Some suggest a concentration in research rather than teaching, while others convey that the incumbent is primarily engaged in activities outside of an academic institution. In addition, a menagerie of prefixes and modifiers are used to indicate rank and other status information. Adding to the complexity of the problem is the fact that the same title may have different meanings at different institutions. The purpose of this handbook is to provide a thorough glossary explaining the significance of most titles in use in the United States today."

LINK

I saw this on the list:

Endowed Professor

The holder of an Endowed Chair. A slight abuse of terminology, since it is not the professor who is endowed, but the Professorship. "The title of 'Endowed Chair' or 'Endowed Professor' may be given to a distinguished scholar whose position is supported by endowment funds." (Nicholls St. U.)

They forgot one: "Well Endowed Professor' for those who have big dicks.

I saw this on the list:

Endowed Professor

The holder of an Endowed Chair. A slight abuse of terminology, since it is not the professor who is endowed, but the Professorship. "The title of 'Endowed Chair' or 'Endowed Professor' may be given to a distinguished scholar whose position is supported by endowment funds." (Nicholls St. U.)

They forgot one: "Well Endowed Professor' for those who have big dicks.

Absent Minded Professor!