Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I am leaning toward voting Republican.

I think the country would be a lot better

with less Federal goverment such as Homeland Securty, the IRS.......

Wait a minute......

Wasn't a Republican that gave us Homeland Security?

and wasn't a Republican that gave us personal income tax at the Federal level during the Civil War?

The following is an early Christmas present for Hugh Hoy. Its from my conservative brother during an email exchange when I told him Obama is a centrist and what's wrong with the Republicans:

Not sure I agree with most of that but one thing I have to respond on…Obama a moderate?!?! Are you serious?!?! You can’t be serious. Not sure what information you are getting over there or where you’re getting it from. Reps/conservatives always say how bad Carter was. I was in middle school so I don’t know about that. But this guy is horrible…absolutely horrible on the biggest issues to minor stuff. They elected the wrong Dem. Everything he said on the campaign trail was b.s. and people ate it up. The only thing he is keeping his word on is that he is trying to fundamentally change the country. Never thought I would say I would like to see Hilary Clinton in office right now. Where do I even start with this guy…

· I’m going to cut the deficit in half by the end of four years. Where is it now. No ever stop to ask themselves how he is going to do all this stuff and cut the deficit in half.

· He puts together a bipartisan debt commission. Both sides agree what needs to be done. He doesn’t like what he hears and dismisses them.

· He puts together a jobs commission (after he promises the stimulus will bring unemployment to around 5%..8.3 and climbing) and has met with them in 8 months (while holding more fund raisers than past two presidents put together)

· Disses Dalai Lama and Netanyahu at White House (shuffling them out the back door) and bends over for the Chinese at State dinner.

· Calls out the Supreme Court in State of the Union address. Undresses McCain at meeting (“…I won, you lost…â€). Invites Paul Ryan to speech and disses him. Not crazy about Bush but at least he was gracious to those that disagreed with him.

· He doesn’t like the 2nd amendment so he enters into an international treaty that drastically suppresses gun rights. Whatever is in an international treaty supersedes the Constitution.

· He enters into another international treaty that literally gives away half the US offshore oil revenues to developing countries. Note this is different from foreign aid which we can cut back or rescind if the particular country starts to act ill. This money must be given up no matter how hostile to the US those countries might get.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. So much more I don’t have time to get into in this one email. I have never seen anyone wage a campaign like he is doing. Which makes sense ‘cause he can’t run on his record. Even if you voted for McCain at least you got the feeling that this new President would be a different kind of politician. Not only is he not different he is as bad or even worse than any. The worst part is he will probably get re-elected. This guy is a hard leftist pinko through and through. Everything out of his mouth as a Senator was about redistribution. His bible is that ‘Rules for Radical’ book. Pure Machiavellian. Don’t believe me, look that picture of him at the blackboard when he was lecturing…it is stuff right out of that book. Why would someone be teaching that stuff in a Constitutional law class. He tries to take the subject away from his job performance by bringing up stupid stuff like tax records (while Harry Reid claims Romney hasn’t filed in 10 years). Why won’t Obama release his school stuff? Rumor has it he applied to Columbia as a foreign student and his grades shouldn’t have got him in there or Harvard. Even Bush released his grades (higher gpa than Kerry).

I could see his anger through the e mail..lol..and he is rarely angry at me. I can count on one hand.

I responded that the stuff he is complaining about has nothig to do with liberalism but being a politician that didn't keep promises.

Also, I asked for further info on a few things like the international treaties. I also said that I am no big fan of Obama but McCain would have been far, far worse and Romney has no clue and will be worse.

As for the Columbia stuff I wouldn't be surprised if he applied as an international student since he was adopted by a foreign national but so what? It was an easier way to get in college. He has dual citizenship. You get in Columbia any which way you can. Tons of people falsely claim Indian lineage to get into ivy league schools. If he did he was a kid at the time.

I also said that no one could turn this economy around in 4 years. He stopped the bleeding, we were on a collision course over a cliff and it stopped. Its not improving fast but the worst is over.

I also think the Republicans tried to stop everything he's tried and diluted everything that he did get through. If you remember the left was complaining he was being bullied and too accomodating to the Republicans who did not even try to compromise.

I love NPR.

I was a sceptic at first. Why pay for something that is free.

Then it came free in my truck. Found some interesting all talk channels. Some mainstream, some right, some left, some real oddballs. All, though, entertaining.

Liked it so much I got a used receiver and boombox off auction site for home use. With remote control.

Subscription can seem expensive. But there are deals. I pay around US $16.00 every 6 months.

Don't use credit card. Billed by mail and pay by check.

XM Satellite Radio.

SatelliteRadio.jpg

LINK

And I'll say it again. Your brother is right ! 55555555555

Oh...how is this for our smiling First Lady ? She on the rag that day or just, once again, showing her "angry" self? Maybe just wishing to be back at the White House in one of her designer dresses about to welcome heads of state...much more fun than paying tribute to the victims and heros of the World Trade Center, eh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ZYxEBImEo

HH

• Like 1

HH I had expected a little bit, uhmm, more substantial...

Generally, I find US elections really disgusting. Charakter assassination, aka Swiftboating, previoulsy a GOP speciality, seems to be standard by now for both parties.

And since a few years both parties have these opposition trackers, guys with video cams by the Dems and GOP who film every move a opposition politician makes. Every slip of the tongue, every silly face is being blown completely out of proportion by the left or right blogsphere and associated media.