Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

These Gitmo detainees need to be finalized in some manner. The info we have gotten from them has been used. Its all dated now. Send them back. I know the argument is that they will continue again. Do we have any evidence they do? Maybe they do. I don't know, I tend to think they are a known commodity and know next time they will be killed out right. Send them back to the governments they came from or try them.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/02/politics/illinois-prison/index.html

These Gitmo detainees need to be finalized in some manner. The info we have gotten from them has been used. Its all dated now. Send them back. I know the argument is that they will continue again. Do we have any evidence they do? Maybe they do. I don't know, I tend to think they are a known commodity and know next time they will be killed out right. Send them back to the governments they came from or try them.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ison/index.html

Several have been recaptured or killed on the battle field after release. Google it and see.

But I too agree it is time to shut the place down. Either try them, kill them, or just let them go. Those are the only choices I can see.

<< The poll offered warning signs for both parties.

Whoever wins the presidency, voters don’t want to give the winner’s party a blank check to run the federal government. A solid majority of likely voters (55 percent) said that if Obama is reelected, they still hope that Republicans keep at least one chamber of Congress. Similarly, more than six in 10 voters said that if Romney wins, they prefer that Democrats keep at least one chamber “so they can act as a check†on his agenda.

The desire to curb whichever party is in power is shared by Democrats and Republicans alike. Among Romney supporters, 32 percent still hope for Democrats to control at least one chamber. And among Obama backers, 23 percent want Republicans to wield the gavel in the House, the Senate, or both.

Notably, fewer than one in 10 likely voters said they didn’t want a check on either the Romney or Obama agenda.

The poll’s findings represent yet another expression of public uneasiness with both political parties. Voters don’t trust either alone to govern, and they appear to hope the two sides will be able to bridge their differences. >>

My link

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/02/politics/illinois-prison/index.html

Some/few countries made deals with their citizens.

Saudi for example has a re-education program.

Some in other countries were jailed in home country.

Some countries just don't want them back.

If the home country doesn't want them, then where do you drop them off?

Some may be psychopaths. Some may have b*mb making abilities or other skills that may cause continuing world wide problems.

Anyone need a room mate? Share the rent?

Old Hippie?

MunchMaster?

Biden gaffe on eve of US presidential debate

AFP - Vice President Joe Biden inadvertently tossed raw meat to Republican rivals Tuesday barely 24 hours ahead of the first presidential debate, saying the middle class has been "buried" during the last four years.

With President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney laying low ahead of Wednesday's Denver showdown, their running mates battled for the spotlight, and Republicans suggested Biden's gaffe marked a stunning admission five weeks away from the November 6 election.

"How they can justify raising taxes on the middle class that's been buried in the last four years," Biden, addressing supporters in North Carolina, said in reference to the period he and Obama have been leading the nation.

The White House quickly sought to douse the flames, saying Biden was talking about how president George W. Bush's policies continued to hurt the middle class deep into Obama's term.

And Biden himself offered up his own correction in a tweet from his official Twitter feed: "'The middle class was buried by the policies that Romney and Ryan have supported."

But the Republicans, who argue that the middle class has been hard hit by four years of an Obama economy, let fly in the blink of an eye.

"Agree with @JoeBiden, the middle class has been buried the last 4 years, which is why we need a change in November," said a tweet from Mitt Romney's official Twitter account.

Romney's running mate Paul Ryan issued a scathing response.

"Unemployment has been above eight percent for 43 months. Our economy is limping along right now. Vice President Biden, just today, said that the middle class, over the last four years, has been 'buried.' We agree," he told a rally in Iowa.

"That means we need to stop digging by electing Mitt Romney the next president of the United States."

Republicans suggested it would be an easy punchline for Romney during Wednesday's prime-time debate.

"Thank you Vice President Biden," former New Hampshire governor John Sununu, an aggressive Romney surrogate, quipped to reporters.

Meanwhile the election protagonists were making final preparations for perhaps the high-profile moment of the 2012 campaign: a prime-time debate watched by tens of millions which could help determine the political future of the two rivals.

Obama will aim to maintain the aura of capable commander-in-chief who has steered America away from depression; Romney will strive to knock him off his pedestal on foreign policy and blame him for the stagnant economy.

The Republican challenger spent the day with top aides and Ohio Senator Rob Portman, who is playing Obama in mock debates. When the nominee ducked out for lunch at a Denver restaurant, reporters asked if he was ready.

"I'm getting there," Romney said.

Obama too took a break from debate camp to tour the Hoover Dam, the vast concrete bulk on the Colorado River that is a symbol of public works projects undertaken in the aftermath of the 1930s Great Depression.

"It's spectacular and I've never seen it before," Obama said, although he ignored questions shouted to him by reporters about how his debate practice was going.

Obama on Sunday downplayed his own debating skills, and said the clash should not be about who could fire off the best "zingers."

Romney, a multimillionaire investor and former governor of Massachusetts, offered a similar message, saying people should not focus on "who's going to score the punches," but on substance.

When he was not mocking Biden, Ryan was outlining the importance of the coming election.

"We are picking what kind of country we're going to be and what kind of people we're going to be for an entire generation. That's the stakes in this election," Ryan told supporters in the town of Clinton, Iowa.

"Do we want stagnation or growth? Do we want dependency or opportunity and upward mobility?"

Obama currently leads the national race by five points in the latest Gallup daily tracking poll and in most key battlegrounds.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll out Monday gave Obama a slimmer 49 to 47 percent lead, but, tellingly, likely voters in swing states sided with the president by 52 to 41 percent.

And a CNN poll out on Tuesday showed Romney in a deep hole with Hispanic voters, who make up the country's largest ethnic minority demographic but who support Obama 70-26 percent.

Perhaps as an effort to woo Latinos, Romney outlined a shift on immigration Tuesday, saying he would not deport young, law-abiding illegal immigrants permitted to stay in the country under an executive order issued by Obama.

"The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid," Romney told the Denver Post.

My link

Some countries just don't want them back.

If the home country doesn't want them, then where do you drop them off?

One would assume the country to which the prisoner holds citizenship would not need to be consulted - they would simply be notified, "One of your citizens is coming back." They can then choose to either let him be free, or arrest him. That's what we do.

Edited by Redbaron

Almost on the eve of the first debate

a U.S. Border Patrol agent got murdered near the border.

Actually he was killed about 50 miles north of where Mitt Romney's father

was born in Mexico. The agent was a Mormon.

To stir the pot up more, the murder occurred in Cochise County, Arizona.

The Sheriff of Cochise County died recently in a vehicle roll over

in which he was thrown out. The Sheriff when he was a deputy was involved

in a shoot out at Miracle Valley in which some got killed and he was the

only law enforcement officer that got wounded. The ones killed were black.

The Sheriff got called on the carpet for his involvement in that shootout.

During that time period, Mormons hated blacks - the Sheriff was a Mormon.

Where Mitt Romney's father was born was just south of the most

southern venture into Mexico by the Mormon Battalion.

The Mormon Battalion came within a few miles of a Mexican Presidio (fort)

that was built by the Spainards. Strange coincidences.

Incumbent Debate Curse: Barack Obama Falls to Mitt Romney

Call it the curse of incumbency. Like many of his predecessors, President Obama fell victim Wednesday night to high expectations, a short fuse, and a hungry challenger.

If Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney didn’t win the first of three presidential debates outright, he more than covered the spread. He was personable, funny, and relentlessly on the attack against a heavily favored Obama.

The president looked peeved and flat as he carried a conversation, for the first time in four years, with somebody telling him he’s wrong.

“Going forward with the status quo is not going to cut it for the American people who are struggling today,†Romney said, stealing the mantle of change Obama wore so well in 2008.

The former Massachusetts governor also reminded voters repeatedly that the president has not lived up to promises he made four years ago. After Obama vowed to reduce the deficit in a second term, Romney replied, "You've been president four years."

"You said you'd cut the deficit in half. It's now four years later. We still have trillion-dollar deficits," he said. Time is up was the message for voters.

Privately, some Democratic strategists said the challenger got the best of the president. “We got our clock cleaned,†said a Democratic strategist who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retribution. The Democrat had reviewed results of polls and focus groups of the debate.

Tactically, the president found little time to hit his rival’s softest spots – Romney’s wealth, Medicarepolicies, and ham-handed dismissal of 47 percent of the public.

He was at his best early in the debate when he linked Romney to the policies of former president George W. Bush, challenging voters to decide whether they want to “double-down on the top-down economic policies that helped to get us into this mess? Or do we embrace a new economic patriotism that says America does best when the middle class does best?â€

But even then, Obama was looking back and not ahead. And he looked bitter.

My link