Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

it is like watching Looney Tunes:

Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them

https://petitions.wh...e-them/ZbMjcwPf

What I don't understand is why this unprecedented amout of petitions. Okay, some don't think Obama is a good President. In recent history some have been much, muich worse (Nixon, Dubya), why no secession petitions then?

As for Texas specifically, if they seceded, they would become a minority dominated 'country' so let them. The demographics suggest that latinos and blacks are having kids at a far larger rate than whites.

Aslo, good luck in protecting that border. They'll spend a large part of their 'GNP' on that alone. Texas secedes they'll basically be a latin America country...lol.

Romney's former economic advisor says raise the rate on the rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/mitt-romney-glenn-hubbard_n_2124160.html

The top rate is 36% right? That seems awfully high but the thing is no one pays that. The richer you are the less it seems one pays in actual taxes paid. There are so many write offs and loopholes that they have (and none of us make enough to afford) that they often pay less than you and I pay.

Everytime we hear of the uber-rich, whether its Romney or Buffet or whomever we hear how they pay less than their own employees. Its the loop holes that have to be taken care of. I'd even go for a cut down to 33% for the tax rate IF we get rid of the loopholes.

Multiple states petition Obama to secede from Union, start own governments

On November 12, 2012, Policy Mic reported that 18 states have filed petitions with the White House to withdraw from the Union and create their own governments. The petitions followed President Obama’s tight race that left many Republicans and Independents surprised and in shock. As fear mounts as to what four more years under Obama’s leadership spreads amongst many citizens nationwide, many have turned to signing their state’s official petition on the White House website. While many debate the results the petitions will have in the end, they do signify that a portion of the nation remains divided after the nation has faced the costliest presidential election in U.S. history.

As of Monday morning, the 18 states that have requested secession from the Union are Georgia, New York, South Carolina, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Colorado, Montana, New Jersey, Indiana, North Dakota, Oregon and Missouri.

A petition must have 25,000 signatures within 30 days before it is considered for hearing. Several of the current petitions are nearing the mark and may become eligible for consideration. While it is unlikely the states would be granted secession, the petitions are an indicator of how divided the country has become.

As more petitions have been filed each day, we will continue to monitor the number of secession petitions currently filed with the White House.

http://www.examiner....own-governments

Obama should send a gun boat to Charleston, same as last time this happened :-)

:beer:

So 25,000 people in one or each state signed a petition. Out of how many million in each state? 10-20? Peanuts.

There was another splutter of garbage on social media from people saying if Obama got back in they'd leave the country and give up their citizenship. Anyone on the ground witnessing mass migration from the US? Where are they going?

Anyone on the ground witnessing mass migration from the US? Where are they going?

I have been to the border in Nogales, Arizona and all the way up to Derby Line, Vermont.

I did view people moving in both directions. Not recently, though.

Great question. Must be a lot or homes for sale at bargain prices.

I'd imagine that, like Romney, most wealthy Americans take 9-10 months (by taking at least one extension) to have their accountants do their taxes, so they can go over every loophole deduction that they can get. From what I understand, Romney had his accountant not declare every charitable deduction that he was entitled to, so he could claim paying at least 15% of his income in federal taxes. What are the chances that he now has his accountant file an amended tax return, now claiming all of those "lost" deductions?