Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Looking at the stats, it's surprising that, in the USA, twice as many people commit suicides using firearms than murders using firearms. Also, it's been reported (USA Today) that deaths caused by mass killers represented about 1 percent of all homicides between 2006 and 2010. The CDC estimates that deaths from firearms, which include suicides and accidents, are estimated to rise to 33,000 in 2015 and exceed auto-related deaths which will fall to 32,000.

1 per cent of > 10,000 gun-related homicides each year isnt cause for celebration. I wonder how many of the other homicides involved the murderer shooting a 5-year old in the face ? Automatic/semi-automatic weapons dont belong in the hands of civilians - simple as that. There will always be a black market, and the 'bad guys' will always get the weapons they want, but you wont have the situation where a paranoid grade-school teacher can turn her house into an armory *legally*. His mother reportedly believed that the 'end times' were a-coming, and wanted to ensure that her family would be 'safe' : even Ted Nugent could see the irony in that.

Flash I would have expected better from you.

+1

When a BM who is normally level-headed seems to be supporting the gun lobby, or at the very least discounting calls for change, I'm disappointed. It's interesting that the Americans on the board, normally critical of so many things in the 'old country', cant see a way out of the current obsession with guns while those of us from outside the US can see a way forward. I wonder if you would be willing to defend the indefensible if you found yourselves face-to-face with the parents of one of the dead kids.

zzzz, I take it you arent old enough to recall the LA riots ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkCU_-0v4OY

Roughly half-way through the video, Korean shopkeepers adopt a 'shoot first and ask questions later' approach. I can understand people raiding food and water in an emergency, but the looting that seems to accompany disasters in the US is pathetic, not to mention the rapes which were allegedly committed post Katrina. Some truly sad fucks masquerading as humans in the general population.