Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Show me this proof.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57511312/study-voter-id-law-would-exclude-up-to-700000-young-minorities/

Study: Voter ID law would exclude up to 700,000 young minorities

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/New-State-Voting-Laws.htm

New state laws dealing with the right to vote enacted since the 2008 election may cause more than 5 million eligible voters to find it significantly harder or even impossible to cast ballots in 2010, according to a new report from the non-partisan Brennan Center for Justice.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21565259-discouraging-citizens-voting-not-good-democracy-counting-voters-counting-votes

According to the Brennan Centre, a policy think-tank and advocacy group, around 11% of all American voters lack government-issued photo-ID. That percentage is far higher among minorities, students, the poor, the disabled and the elderly

My view of what a tyrannical government is and our right to remove it would be a goverment where we can no longer remove the governing peoples by right of vote.

Bush 2000 probably comes to closest but wouldn't meet my test. I would be opposed to remove any President or elected official now because the people still have the power to remove them. I know districts are gerrymandered, etc. but the fact remains we as a collective have voted these people in and continue to vote them in

With regards to the Chicago voting fraud of yesteryear, voting IDs would have done no good. Daley controlled the voting booths. In those days they simply dumped or gave more votes or allowed people to vote more. Not possible these days. The justice department, the electronic age, etc. renders that infinitely harder to do.

The problem is the people NOT the government. We as a collective have allowed it. In a Republic the people get the government they deserve.

• Like 1

I have seen copies of the voter registration in California from the late 19th century. The rolls carried a person's name, birthplace, age, address and a physical description. The voter rolls I've seen these days simply have a name and address. Wonder why they were removed. There would be no need for an ID card, if a voter fit the description.

I've known a few lads over the years who have voted (in oz) for their mates who are stuck at work, who haven't been organised enough to vote early via post - even now we don't need to produce ID, and simply state our name and address. Not even DOB is on the book, just name and address.

We get fined down here if we fail to vote, which is why this happens.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ung-minorities/

Study: Voter ID law would exclude up to 700,000 young minorities

http://usgovinfo.abo...Voting-Laws.htm

New state laws dealing with the right to vote enacted since the 2008 election may cause more than 5 million eligible voters to find it significantly harder or even impossible to cast ballots in 2010, according to a new report from the non-partisan Brennan Center for Justice.

http://www.economist...-counting-votes

According to the Brennan Centre, a policy think-tank and advocacy group, around 11% of all American voters lack government-issued photo-ID. That percentage is far higher among minorities, students, the poor, the disabled and the elderly

Each of those is based on some serious supposition.

I wonder why Canada and England don't have those problems....?

We are speaking honestly here. These iD laws are only proposed by Republicans and a few of them swing states. They are proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Lets just be frank and honest.

Not that Dems haven't had their shares of laws and such that benefit them as well. Voter fraud isn't an issue. Bottom line. There was some stat that getting hit by lightening has a more likely chance of occurring. Why propose it? They also add to the cost of an election. Not that money should be an issue.

Its the same with the purging of criminals from voter rolls that have proven to alienate more legitimate voters than prevent ex-cons from voting and ex-cons voting to any degree that requires the monies to hire companies to purge rolls has never been proven to be a problem.

Lets just be frank and honest about the why.

I support Republicans in some things. As far right as they've been they're the only party of the two taking a serious position about the deficit and the size of the goverment. They are a good check against the Dems in that regard.

My suggestion for the voter ID issue is to do it backwards. Give an ID or create a quick application at the voting booth AFTER they have voted. That way the elderly, minorities, etc. can have one for next time. Since fraud isn't an issue, do it that way for the future.

The best show in town is the

Jodi Anias murder trial.

Today she told about how her ex-boyfriend wanted

to tie her to a tree and 'fark' her arse.

Yesterday she told about how he liked little boys.

A few days before that,

she told how her ex-boyfriend baptized her into the Mormon faith

and then took her back to his home and then poked her in the arse.

I figure that in a week or two she will be done testifying

and almost demand Obie One to come and give her a metal

for killing her ex-boyfriend.

Too bad she wasn't in the marines..........

She stabbed the 'trash' 29 times, slit his throat from ear to ear and put 2 bullets in his head!!

"About 30 minutes later, Dorner opened fire on Riverside police officers "who were in the area searching for Dorner," the documents said. On that detail, the account conflicts with a statement provided to the media by Riverside police officials, who said the officers were stopped at a red light and were not looking for Dorner.

Riverside Officer Michael Crain, 34, a married father of two who served two tours in Kuwait as a rifleman in the Marines, was killed in the attack. His partner remains hospitalized, Police Chief Sergio Diaz said, and it was unclear if he would be able to return to active duty."

Fucking bastard Dorner was never in combat in the Navy! He is now. The cops have got him surrounded at Big Bear. Som nam na ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-surrounded-by-police-in-cabin-after-gun-battle-2-officers-hurt.html

Lets be frank and honest, there does too seem to be a problem:

Link

There are hundreds of million voters. If you convict a few, it's insignificant. This is disinformation promulgated by the Republicans. Nobody in the right mind believes voter fraud is a significant problem.