Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The old “welfare†angle.

Yep. Those illegals on welfare. Jumping the fence and going directly to the welfare office.

Well, this family arrived under the banner of asylum. Completely different from other types of immigration.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the asylum rules is another debate.

We got the Cubans, the Vietnamese, the Cambodians, the Haitians, the Somalians, Kosovo, and on and on and on.

The old “welfare†angle.

Yep. Those illegals on welfare. Jumping the fence and going directly to the welfare office.

Well, this family arrived under the banner of asylum. Completely different from other types of immigration.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the asylum rules is another debate.

We got the Cubans, the Vietnamese, the Cambodians, the Haitians, the Somalians, Kosovo, and on and on and on.

I'll bet that the person, if he or she is still working for immigration, that approved this family's asylum status, is taking a lot of heat on tht decision.

Most of 'us' (Americans) don't know about this and pretty much all of the rest don't care or are indifferent. These laws are only waiting for the right event. They will be dragged out by some President one day who has bad intentions. They won't be repealed. The irony is that the founders routinely said that the people should revolt if the government becomes tyrannical but the government has put in place, laws, structures, etc. to protect itself if it does become tryrannical.

At the end of the day, as I keep repeating, the real problem isn't the government but the people. You get the government you deserve..collectively.

• Like 1

I don't know the intracacies of the welfare system but just my guess is why would an illegal immigrant family risk exposure by applying for welfare? Plus, its not your father's welfare system any longer. Its much harder to get on and stay on thanks to legislation in the Clinton era.

If you're a legal immigrant on a green card, welfare makes it a bit harder for you to finally get to be a citizen. Decades ago immigration was only concerned with whether you were a commie or anarchist. Now they look at your financial situation. You can't get citizenship if you owe taxes and are not paying on some plan to repay it. its a much tougher process.

Just my guess but the whole 'those illegals are mostly on welfare' argument on the face of it doesn't seem legit. Maybe it is, but my guess is it isn't.

He’s got a point. At least about the COPs.

How many law enforcement “entities†are there?

And the “tanks†or armored transports.

And the different camouflaged uniforms. Who are these guys anyway?

This is a secret civilian army.

There should be an outrage against these quasi-military units in each state throughout the country.

Well, most can thank Dick Cheney and George Bush for the introduction of and the massive funding of such entities.

Knock. Knock.

“That said, majorities still disapprove of Bush’s handling of the economy (53 percent) and the war in Iraq (57 percent); intense disapproval (43 percent) remains for Bush’s performance on Iraq. What those set of numbers suggest is that the former president’s political comeback has a relatively low ceiling given his continued poor ratings on the two defining issues of his eight years in office.â€

LINK

The Presidential Wheel Turns

Disaffection for Bush gave us Obama. That explains the new affection for Bush.

http://online.wsj.co...ections_opinion

DIsagree. Disaffection with Obama would have given us Romney. Obama won fairly handily. The American people overlook things to some extent for special occasions.. A library is such an event a death another. When Bush dies he will get a bump as well. Nixon was looked back with far, far less animus than he would have given his reputation. He was pitied more than hated by some. Bush's legacy is done I think. There aren't many pluses. He perhaps won't be hated but his Presidency will be remembered as a bad one I think. Just like Nixon. Some get a reversal of sorts, Johnson for example.He had a big plus with the Civil Rights Act. Grant had one of the most crooked administrations ever and he is remembered fondly because we remember the General who won the civil war and kept the union together not the President who had crooks working for him.