Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Flash, I believe that tour guide is now working for the City of Los Angeles, in a similar position in LA's Chinatown. I think that all of those un-American Chinese living in SF should be forced to become Americans. And what is more American than Baseball, hotdogs and apple pie. Just by coincidence, the World Series will be played Friday, Saturday and Sunday at AT&T Park (go KC). All of the Chinese in SF should be forced to watch all 3 games, either in person or on TV, while eating hotdogs (not dogs) and Apple pie. That should be enough to convert them.

Why is this no surprise?

UNC Admits Fake Classes for Athletes Were Widespread: Four Blunt Points

The University of North Carolina on Wednesday admitted its academic-fraud-for-athletes scandal was worse than the public has previously been told. That’s saying something. After all, the practice at Chapel Hill of steering football and basketball players into fake classes had already made North Carolina the epicenter of a national debate about the corrupting effects of the $16 billion college athletics industry. Four blunt points:

http://www.businessw...were-widespread

p.s. I knew a professor who didn't get his contract renewed at Duke University because he reused to give passing grades to athletes who had never even attended his classes a single time.

Got to just love college football.

No show - just write one paper. Get an A.

Bouncing_Ball.gif

"Here’s the Awful 146-Word “Essay†That Earned an A- for a UNC Jock"

“On the evening of December Rosa Parks decided that she was going to sit in the white people section on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. During this time blacks had to give up there seats to whites when more whites got on the bus. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Her and the bus driver began to talk and the conversation went like this. “Let me have those front seats†said the driver. She didn’t get up and told the driver that she was tired of giving her seat to white people. “I’m going to have you arrested,†said the driver. “You may do that,†Rosa Parks responded. Two white policemen came in and Rosa Parks asked them “why do you all push us around?†The police officer replied and said “I don’t know, but the law is the law and you’re under arrest.â€

LINK

Tim Scott is the first directly elected Southern black senator

South Carolina's Senate race has been called for Republican Tim Scott, who defeated Democrat Joyce Dickerson.

Scott was already a US senator, having been appointed to his seat after his predecessor Jim DeMint resigned in 2012. But the fact that he was elected tonight is significant, as it makes him:

- South Carolina's first popularly elected black senator

- the first African American elected to any statewide office in South Carolina since Reconstruction and

- the first African American ever popularly elected to the Senate from anywhere in the South. The four other black senators who have been popularly elected to the Senate — not appointed by governors or state legislatures — are Massachusetts' Edward Brooke, Barack Obama and Carol Moseley Braun from Illinois, and New Jersey's Cory Booker.

Fun fact: Scott, who's a longtime favorite of Tea Party activists, once served as the campaign co-chairman for infamous segregationist Strom Thurmond. And don't hold your breath waiting for him to celebrate his historic accomplishments with his African-American colleagues. Scott has declined to join the Congressional Black Caucus. :p

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/4/7158301/tim-scott-first-black-senator-south-carolina