Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

In the old West they used to just shoot horse theives. What happened to that concept?

latimes.com

Ten San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies were placed on paid administrative leave Friday after TV news video showed them beating and kicking a suspect.

Sheriff John McMahon announced the move to place the deputies -- including a sergeant and a detective -- on leave during a news conference Friday afternoon. He said some of the actions on the tape appeared "excessive."

https://youtu.be/TyLfHuPZQQY

Seriously, didn't the officers on the ground hear the news helicopter in the air?

I mean, how stupid can they get?

Don't any police officers read a newspaper or watch the news on the tele?

There seems to be some sort of malfunction in the hiring and training of police officers in the US of A. With a serious lack of management and leadership.

Poorly paid, crappy hours, sometimes dangerous, and you deal mostly with the worst level of society - not exactly a job that is going to appeal to those who can find something more desirable to do. Nowadays, even the military pays better. Enlist and be an MP, if that's your thing.

Ironically, teachers, firemen, and policemen are usually at the bottom end of a city's pay scale. Politicians are at the top! Which are really more essential to a community?

I have a VFW buddy who's a Marine vet and retired LAPD. He took what he could get at 20 years, though it takes 27 years for a full pension. He said if you stay with it for the full 27 years, your mind will be completely messed up. One of his colleagues was a police sergeant already approved for promotion to lieutenant, but he pulled the plug at 18 years. Said he just couldn't take the job any more. Too stressful and not worth it.

Granted.

Teachers in the USA are way underpaid for what they do. And what they have to deal with.

Firefighters.

Yes, Can be dangerous. But with overtime. They make good money. Yes, they do put their lives on the line at times.

Police.

Again, these guys potentially times can be dangerous. And they do deal with the dregs of society. Domestic disputes being a tough call.

But with massive overtime and/or "details" - they make well over 100 grand per year. Many have poor personal lives. High divorce rate.

But there is no excuse for poor leadership. Poor training. And lack of any form of common sense.

The US culture has militarized the police force.

There is no need for comoflauge civilian police force.

I blame the chiefs, management, training, and lack of civilian oversight.

• Like 2

Nor do any but the largest cities newt a SWAT team, and nobody needs armored vehicles.

As I have stated before.

I sometimes live in a very small very rural town in rural hill and mountain country. About 4,00 follks spread out over 70 miles or rural roads.

We have access to the state police SWAT team.

But the local chief - and other chiefs - all rural - decided that the time it takes for the state police SWAT team to show up - is too long.

So the local Barny Fife towns gathered together to form a "regional" SWAT team. Special training, special gear - all "free" from the US taxpayer.

This or any SWAT team rarely has been used in my quiet town.

But rest assured, this local regional SWAT team is "waiting" for the call to come - and get all of that gear up and running.

We had one old drunk who one day spoke to a neighbor and stated that he was going to kill himself.

I was at the local variety store when the call came in for a dozen pizza.

The SWAT team had been called. And they surrounded the drunks mobile home/trailer. And of course, the SWAT team needed to be fed.

Since each officer has different tastes for pizza - this local store had to cook a variety of pizza. Pepperoni, saugage, vegitarian, and on and on.

"He can't understand why a lot of people are disgusted with the police. "

Its a tough job and necessary to have them but I never did like to be anywhere near police no matter what country I am in.

His is a pretty classic reaction

An old friend of mine who was a bouncer at a nightclub in San Francisco made an interesting

observation about police. He said " well the guys that the police came to arrest never seemed

that different from the police themselves-they just made different career choices" :wink:

• Like 1

Oh dear - oh dear , oh dear, oh dear.

Well we knew it was coming, but sadness is confirmed, 'that woman' has confirmed.

This will screw the US and by extension, the rest of the world, should she succeed, should she not? then the gunners get the helm.

Oh dear - oh dear , oh dear, oh dear.

20100629-hillary-clinton-angry-video.jpg