Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

New Hampshire is an interesting state.

The traditional Yankees of old are slowly disappearing. Still there.

There is a migration of out of staters. Retirees from other southern New England states as well as New York and New Jersey.

No income tax in New Hampshire.

The bottom half of New Hampshire have quite a few transplants from northern Massachusetts.

Then there is the Free State Movement. Libertarian bent. Mostly in SW New Hampshire.

The NH House and Senate are both Republican controlled. But the governor is a Democrat.

Registered Independents outnumber either Democrat or Republican.

Bernie Sanders is from next door in Vermont. Traditionally, there has been a favoritism for presidential candidates from a neighboring state. Paul Tsongas, Dukakis, and Musky - before he broke down crying on camera.

And in the NH primary - Pat Buchanan did well in the primary against Bush (1). McCain won the NH primary - Bush (2) went on to win the general.

• Like 1

Vote along party lines.

Yes, the Republicans are all for cell phone robo calls.

Gotta love those Republicans always looking out for the little guy.

FCC ACTS TO SHIELD CONSUMERS, COMPLICATES LIFE FOR POLLSTERS - As expected, the Federal Communications Committee adopted a set of new rules on Thursday designed to better shield Americans from unwanted calls and spam text messages. The FCC also gave telephone companies a green light to offer services that would allow customers to block "robocalls" and unsolicited text messages.

As of this writing, the FCC has not yet published the full text of the new rules, approved by a 3 to 2 party line vote. However, the changes described in an FCC press release and more than an hour of statements by FCC commissioners on Thursday generally confirm issues that previously led the Market Research Association to warn of "less accurate research results, higher costs, and more class action lawsuits" against survey call centers.

Source: Huffington Post

By Mark Blumenthal, Ariel Edwards-Levy & Janie Velencia

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post the link to the video here, so go to the article if you want vid - http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/69562122/jon-stewart-abandons-humour-on-daily-show-after-charleston-church-shooting

Herein some of the transcript, Daily is right in what he says:

>> "I've got nothing for you in terms of jokes and sounds because of what happened in South Carolina.

"Maybe if I wasn't nearing the end of my run or this wasn't such a common occurrence, maybe I could have pulled out of the spiral, but I didn't.

Nine people were killed on Thursday when 21-year-old Dylann Roof opened fire at a bible study group at an African American Methodist church in South Carolina.

"I honestly have nothing other than just sadness that, once again, we have peer into the abyss of the depraved violence that we have to do to each other," Stewart said, "and the nexus of a gaping racial wound that will not heal yet we pretend doesn't exist."

The influential talk show host criticised America's disproportionate response to threats from terrorist attacks while doing nothing about homegrown shootings, before declaring the South Carolina massacre a terrorist attack.

"This is a terrorist attack. This is a violent attack on the Emanuel Church in South Carolina which is a symbol for the black community."

"I hate to use this pun, but this one is black and white. There is no nuance here," he said to cheers from a live studio audience.

"In South Carolina, the roads that black people drive on are named after confederate generals who fought to keep black people from being able to drive freely on that road. That's insanity."

Stewart's speech came ahead of an appearance from Pakistani activist and Nobel Prize winner, Malala Yousafzai.

"Al Qaeda, all those guys, ISIS - they're not s*** compared to the damage that we can apparently do to ourselves on a regular basis," Stewart said.

"To be quite honest with you, I don't think there's anyone else in the world I would rather talk to tonight that Malala, so that's what we're going to do, and sorry about no jokes."

. " People's fears are not my responsibility," he replies. "If you're detaining me, then I'm going to have to file a lawsuit ."...

This is typical of a member of American society, exercising his freedoms and rights, that someone else who no doubt was afraid at the time, died to give him.

You gotta really really love these guys !

The leader of a white supremacist group that has been linked to Dylann Roof, the suspect in the murder of nine African-Americans in a Charleston, S.C., church last week, has donated tens of thousands of dollars to Republican campaigns, including those of 2016 presidential contenders such as Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum and Rand Paul, records show.

LINK