Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Gotta just love those Republican candidates for US president.

Here is one of the front runners.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids in order to store grain,"

LINK

“Specific questions have come up about Carson’s latest claims that he once went after his mother with a hammer and how at age 14 he stabbed another young man while arguing over a radio — the young man was identified as a classmate named “Bob†in Carson’s 1990 biography Gifted Hands, though he now claims that was a pseudonym meant to protect the identity of a relative.â€

LINK

What type of voter supports and believes this stuff?

"The United States on Thursday carried out an airstrike in Syria targeting the Islamic State militant best known as "Jihadi John," who participated in gruesome videos of the killings of American and British hostages, officials said.

The Pentagon said it was still evaluating the effectiveness of the strike in the Syrian city of Raqqa, the de facto capital of Islamic State.

His real name was Mohammed Emwazi, and he was a British citizen and computer-programing graduate, hailing from a well-to-do London family.â€

LINK

Hailing from ... "Ahoy, matey!" (I hate that stupid overused term!)

Meanwhile ...

Jihadi John left hugely disappointed by quality of virgins

Recently deceased former ISIS member Jihadi John is said to be furious about the quality of virgins he has been given in the afterlife, insisting his new home is also little on the hot side.

Upon arrival at what he thought was Paradise, Jihadi John was shown to a small shed on the shores of a lake of fire which will be his home for eternity.

He told our medium, “Every time I complained that this isn’t what Paradise is meant to be like, the tour guide would laugh and say ‘yes, this is “paradiseâ€â€˜ – always using those annoying air quote things.â€

“I demanded my virgins, like any good martyr, but what they brought me is entirely unacceptable.â€

“The line-up looks like the queue outside a Chicago Rock Cafe in Basingstoke – there is a very good reason these women are still virgins.â€

“And some of them definitely look like they’ve been around the block a few times. One of them is passing around photos of her kids.â€

One of Jihadi John’s new hosts told us, “Look, actual genuine virgins are almost impossible to come by these days, so if they’ve got less than ten partners they count, alright?â€

A spokesperson for the virgin community said that it was not only Jihadi John who felt cheated by the arrangements.

One told us, “We’re not overly happy about it either, truth by told.â€

“When we signed up for this gig we were told it was eternity with a great warrior, who was a hero to his people – not one of the world’s most wanted terrorists.â€

“My mum always said I should read the fine print, and she was obviously right.â€

45 year-old virgin and computer game enthusiast Kevin Simms told us, “I wasn’t really paying attention when they offered the gig, I was too busy pretending to take on ISIS in Call of Duty on my Xbox. Oh the irony.â€

“On the bright-side, he seems to be suffering a bit of ‘stage-fright’ downstairs, so this might not be so bad after all.â€

http://newsthump.com/2015/11/13/jihadi-john-left-hugely-disappointed-by-quality-of-virgins/

Hillary Clinton Claims That She Tried to Join the Marines. Just 7 Things About That…

Fresh off a week of heavy mouth breathing from the mainstream media about lies, damn dirty lies, fabrications, inaccuracies, disputed facts, unsubstantiated claims, confirmed sotires in Ben Carson’s biography comes quite the yarn about Hillary Rodham Clinton: The former Senator once tried to join the Marines.

The story resurfaced at a New Hampshire breakfast that Mrs. Clinton attended on Tuesday. She told those in attendance:

“He looks at me and goes, ‘Um, how old are you. And I said, ‘Well I am 26, I will be 27.’ And he goes, ‘Well, that is kind of old for us.’ And then he says to me, and this is what gets me, ‘Maybe the dogs will take you,’ meaning the Army.â€

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, Hillary Rodham Clinton dreamed of abandoning her budding career as an Ivy League-educated attorney and anti-war activist to don a military uniform with the aim of serving our beloved country from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, mowing down with an assault rifle anyone who’d dare stand before her, presumably dodging sniper fire along the way.

Quite the image, but of course, there are conflicting accounts about what she intended to do in the Marines. Her friend, University of Arkansas professor Ann Henry, suggested she was “testing†the Marines for their openness to female candidates. Former Clinton spokesman Neal Lattimore once explained that she may have been considering the Judge Advocate General’s Corps or JAG Corps.

Regardless of the conditions, there are some issues with all such accounts that Mrs. Clinton truly wanted to become a U.S. Marine, whether told to boost her military credibility or to further an anti-woman narrative.

While it is impossible to say with veracity that Mrs. Clinton never had a conversation with a recruiter about the possibility of joining the Marines (much like we can’t say with absolute certainty whether or not Dr. Ben Carson was “offered†a "full scholarship" to West Point), there are plenty of holes in the story to the extent one might conclude that it doesn’t quite add up.

For example:

1. Hillary Clinton recounts: “You’re too old, you can’t see and you’re a woman,†Mrs. Clinton claims she was told. “Maybe the dogs would take you,†she cites the recruiter, while attempting to use military jargon. (As the Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler points out, the military slang is “dogfaces.â€)

2. In typical fashion that serves her anti-woman narrative, she construes the Marines as having discriminated against her because of her gender. Of course, women have been serving in the Marine Corps since 1918. Non-clerical positions were made available to women in 1975.

3. Mrs. Clinton would have been 26 at the time, and officer candidate entrance is possible up to age 28.

4. Maureen Dowd of the New York Times cast doubt about the timing: “At the time, Hillary Rodham was an up-and-coming legal star involved with an up-and-coming political star.â€

5. CNN’s Jeff Zeleny was also skeptical of Clinton’s anti-war background: “Because it seems so unusual that a Yale-educated lawyer who worked on the anti-war campaigns of McCarthy and McGovern, who had just moved to Arkansas, whose husband was about to become the Attorney General of the state would decide to want to join the Marines.â€

6. Dowd also counterposed: “She had made a celebrated appearance in Life magazine as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College, where, as president of the student government, she had organized teach-ins on her opposition to the Vietnam War.â€

7. The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler reminds us that Bill Clinton once confused the story in 2008: “I remember when we were young, right out of law school, she went down and tried to join the Army and they said ‘Your eyes are so bad, nobody will take you,’†Clinton said.

The Marines commented on the accusatory story given by Mrs. Clinton in 1994, and made the following statement:

“We won’t attempt to dispute the first lady’s recollection, but if she was ill-treated by a Marine recruiter in 1975, it certainly is unfortunate, unprofessional and a mistake we regret.â€

The Washington Post’s fact-checker gave the account as it stands two Pinocchios.

http://www.ijreview....ngs-about-that/

p.s. Another source says that at that time the Marine Corps was very short of lawyers and would have snapped her up, if she'd applied. She'd have had a direct commission.

A tad light on reality - Hillary.

Yes, they would have grabbed her is a split second.

Just another story.

She and Ben at times do live in a fantasy land. Dr. Ben got a "scholarship" to West Point. But turned it down.

Why make up such sh*t. Something about the military that some fantasize about looking back when they avoided the military at all costs.

• Like 1

Halfway Heroes, ‘Near Veterans’ Seek Recognition For Almost Serving In Military

CHARLESTON, SC – Jody Siever spends his Friday nights like so many American servicemen and women, mingling while kicking back drinks at a local bar. Recognizing the giveaway military haircut of a fellow patron, he approaches with an arm extended.

"Welcome home, soldier.â€

Smiling, though apparently puzzled, the stranger returns a firm, brief handshake.

“Thanks, but I’m in the Navy. And I haven’t been anywhere—I’m in Nuke School,†he replies, referring to the Naval Nuclear Power Training Center in Goose Creek, S.C.

“That’s cool,†Siever says, “I almost thought about joining the Navy for a while, but if I did join the service, I would have gone into the Army. I’m just kind of hardcore like that. Shooting bad guys in the face—that’s the life for me. If I wanted it.â€

Siever, you see, never actually enlisted.

Veteran service members often find it difficult to relate their experiences in the military to friends and family back home, but a new civilian organization is working to expand that exclusive brotherhood. The Bros Before Joes campaign, established in 2011, seeks to legitimize the efforts of people like Siever, whose commitments to serving in the military range from the hypothetical to the nearly realized.

“We’ve got guys from all over the spectrum here. Some of our members, they merely thought about joining the Army a few times, or took the ASVAB in high school to get out of first period,†explains BBJ founder Trent Bower. “Other guys though, they got as far as making appointments to go to MEPS [Military Entrance Processing Station], but then something important came up.â€

A near-Marine himself, Bower recounts his own brush with fate:

“I talked with a Marine recruiter a few times in high school, even attended a couple of pool functions at the recruiting office. It got to the point that I was there so often, the recruiters even started calling me 'Boot'. They were practically begging me to enlist, but I always knew I was meant for something more meaningful.â€

Bower, a 31-year old assistant manager at a successful pizza delivery franchise, started the Bros Before Joes campaign in his spare time, seeking to bring recognition to others who share his story. For Siever, and thousands of almost-soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines like him, the organization is a long-overdue ray of hope.

Says Siever, “It’s great, you know, to finally be able to reach out and connect with others who share your non-experiences. After giving so much, dedicating so much time and energy to thinking about enlisting, it just feels like we’re finally getting the thanks we deserve.â€

And recognition has been swift in coming.

Thanks to a successful joint-lobbying campaign with the Almost Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a bill is now before the Senate to approve Veteran’s Affairs benefits for BBJ and AIAVA members. The resolution received overwhelming bipartisan support in a House vote earlier this year from a majority of US Representatives who are themselves non-veterans.

Regarding the passage in the House, Rep. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) released this statement:

“This isn’t a Red-or-Blue, liberal-versus-conservative issue. It’s about giving near-veterans like me and many of my constituents the recognition we’ve been denied for far too long.†Currently, 345 out of 435, or roughly 80% of members of the U.S. House of Representatives, have no recorded military service.

As the bill nears the Senate floor, however, some opponents are voicing concerns. Senator and Navy veteran John McCain (R-AZ) held a press conference outside his home in Phoenix, Arizona on Tuesday, calling the bill “a mockery… of all that I hold dear.†He also stated that he would “rather tongue-kiss Jame Fonda" than vote to approve the measure. Before he could take questions, he had to be ushered away for medical treatment when blood began seeping from his clenched fist—reportedly from clutching his Silver Star too tightly.

And he’s not alone. Senator Daniel K. Inouye (D-HI) is an Army veteran of World War II and presently the only serving member of Congress to have earned a Congressional Medal of Honor. When presented with the bill’s full text, Sen. Inouye declared it “a perversion of our American values,†and refused to touch it, even with his prosthetic arm. Said Inouye, “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.â€

Despite these protests, the bill has mass appeal with civilians and near-veterans on both sides of the aisle. Arguments will begin in earnest when the Senate reconvenes next January. Until then, it’s a long wait for near-heroes like Siever and Bower.

Asked if he would do anything different given the opportunity, Bower harkens back to his non-Marine days:

“I just couldn’t leave all of this behind. I miss those pool functions, though. They were good times; some of the best times of my life. You just… you go through something like that, almost sacrificing so much, with such a close group of guys, and it really makes you brothers, you know? I even think I still have some recruitment brochures around here, somewhere.â€