Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

A long but intriguing analysis by Chris Hedges:

The Revenge of the Lower Classes and the Rise of American Fascism

College-educated elites, on behalf of corporations, carried out the savage neoliberal assault on the working poor. Now they are being made to pay. Their duplicity—embodied in politicians such as Bill and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama—succeeded for decades. These elites, many from East Coast Ivy League schools, spoke the language of values—civility, inclusivity, a condemnation of overt racism and bigotry, a concern for the middle class—while thrusting a knife into the back of the underclass for their corporate masters. This game has ended.

There are tens of millions of Americans, especially lower-class whites, rightfully enraged at what has been done to them, their families and their communities. They have risen up to reject the neoliberal policies and political correctness imposed on them by college-educated elites from both political parties: Lower-class whites are embracing an American fascism.

The Democrats are playing a very dangerous game by anointing Hillary Clinton as their presidential candidate. She epitomizes the double-dealing of the college-educated elites, those who speak the feel-your-pain language of ordinary men and women, who hold up the bible of political correctness, while selling out the poor and the working class to corporate power.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_revenge_of_the_lower_classes_and_the_rise_of_american_fascism_20160302

• Like 1

I remember the plot line of "Network" being called too far fetched (news anchor goes nuts and becomes a cult figure with mass appeal). The Republican primaries have gone way beyond far fetched and makes for must see TV. It's like people watching a train wreck. They are horrified by it but can't take their eyes off of it. If Trump doesn't have a majority of votes by the convention, a back door deal will be made to anoint someone else, Trump will run as an Independent and the Republicans will find their party in ashes on Election Day.

Trump had momentum; the Republican leaders, both national and state, threw their support behind Rubio. So, obviously, Cruz wins the Kansas Caucus. I share Bob Dole's view of Cruz; no one likes him in Congress. I didn't know that there were that many Evangelicals in Kansas.

And I don't think they did print it. :(

(Note to editor: I bet you won't print this one...Emoji_1F601.png)

The Tsow Suggestion for Elevating the Tone of American Political Discourse

In a recent televised clash among Rubio, Trump, and Cruz, the level of discourse sank to a new low when Trump responded to Rubio's accusation that he (Trump) had small hands. Rubio added that this shortcoming implied smallness in another area of his anatomy. Trump responded by proclaiming that he had no problem at all in that area. But he failed to provide visible proof.

It might be a good idea to invite Trump's current wife, Melanoma, to testify on this subject. She recently distinguished herself as a lady of class and intelligence by advising her husband, on his way to respond to former governor Romney's attack, to "Be presidential, darling." Trump's reply: "I'm taking incoming! You expect me to be presidential?" He then sallied forth, and surprise surprise, he didn't act presidential.

Better still, I suggest that, as part of the vetting process, every male presidential candidate should be required to present his "package" for public examination. He should take it out, lay it on a table, and permit it to be televised, videotaped, photographed, and measured for public viewing. This could be done in both flaccid and extended modes. Thus, voters would have an opportunity to compare each candidate's qualifications in this important field.

Some people may consider the current campaign too dull, but I believe this would liven up proceedings considerably.

S. Tsow