Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Hmmm....well, personally, the election has made me re-focus and get my shit together financially. I don't live in America any longer. Haven't lived in America for 7 years. I have reduced my social media to 'likes' for birthdays and events and not much politically with any thing that has my 'government name' (black slang for your real name) attached to it. No twitter, instagram or snapchat. Overreaction? Possibly.

As for Trump, identity politics is so strong, nothing will happen until either a. he loses is core support and so far they are excusing literally anything. and/or b. the GOP in Congress stop fearing the potential backlash within their party if they take him on.

The standard for impeachment will be so high, I can't see it happening. The standards for behavior are so low I can't see him doing much to garner anything than a finger wagging. Things that would sink others.

The GOP establishment prefers Pence. A died in the wool, far right, religious, trickle down, Jesus up, conservative.

For now i''m content with sitting back and watching what I only thought could occur in some Hollywood movie of an alternate universe.

Looking into the future. Who will run for and win the Democratic primary for 2020? Will Democrats come out in numbers this time? Will the fringe(those who weren't comfortable with voting for him but did) voters for Trump support him again?

• Like 1

The way they are going, they seem determined to become the minority party. Meanwhile, the Republicans are stumbling along trying to figure out who they are these days. If someone like Bernie comes along as an independent next time around, we might actually see a third party president.

• Like 1

Artist 3D prints Donald Trump butt plug in protest at immigration rhetoric

‘When I heard Donald Trump’s remarks about Mexicans and latinos from South America I was extremely angry’ explains Fernando Sosa

post-6949-0-28755400-1488669054_thumb.jpg

This 3D-printed Donald Trump butt plug is, suffice to say, not official campaign merchandise.

Artist Fernando Sosa has found a novel way to protest at Donald Trump’s recent comments about Mexican immigrants: he’s turned the Republican presidential candidate into a butt plug.

"It'sselling from his store on the Shapeways website for £21.34. The plug is made from full-colour sandstone, promising “a coarse finish and a delicate feelâ€.

“I usually make Butt plugs to insult dictators, homophobes and politicians. However, when I heard Donald Trump’s remarks about Mexicans and latinos from South America I was extremely angry,†explained Sosa in the product listing, adding that he was born and raised in Mexico before moving to the US aged 11.

“Donald Trump is not a dumb man. He might have been born with a silver spoon and declared bankruptcy four or five times but he is not dumb. He decided to attack immigrants and specially Mexicans because he thinks we have no power,†wrote Sosaced fierce criticism in June after claiming that Mexico is sending “rapists†and drug dealers to the US – with Sosa attacking the comments too.

“I’m no rapists and no drug dealer. I have a college degree in 3D animation and run my own
business and guess what? I can make you into any shape I want and 3D print you and sell you to others who share their dislike of you.

You can threaten to sue me like you have done hundreds of times to others. However, you are a public figure and me making you into a shape of a butt plug is Freedom of speech. Welcome to America Mother Fucker!!â€

Trump has yet to comment on the butt-plug tribute.

The DNC dead.

Nah. Far, far from it. Most pundits were writing off the GOP. The future is tailor made for the DNC. Demographics, growing millennials, etc. at least as far as most political scientists can see. I'd like to see some factual evidence otherwise.

I do think the DNC are pussies though. Not many fighters among them save Warren, Sanders, Waters and a few others.

Well, if nothing else the Trump presidency (and writing that was surreal) is anything if not captivating like a tv show with a twist each week. Latest. Twitter accusation of Obama spying on him. Asks Congress to investigate his suspicion on an area he controls (FBI). He can simply go over the office and say 'give me all the documents'. lol. Its like an alternate universe TV show.

Obama is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them. The guy plays political chess fairly well. Ordering the FBI to spy on Trump? A department run by a Republican (Comey)? Trump is playing misdirection, to what end, we will have to stay tuned.....