Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack’s Kenya ‘certificate of birth’

An Obama has joined the birther movement.

Malik Obama, Barack Obama’s half-brother, tweeted image of what appears to be Barack’s birth certificate.

Except it’s not from Hawaii, but rather Kenya.

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik

:)

I guess that I'd better start working on a forged birth certificate for my 9 year old son who was born in Chiang Mai. I've had the hope that he would be the first person to be both President of the U.S. and PM of Thailand in his lifetime. I guess that he'd better shoot for President first.

• Like 1

Malik says that Barack looks nothing like the rest of the Obama family, and has had nothing to do with the Kenya folks since becoming president. He wants to have Barack DNA tested' :)

p.s. They might do the same thing for Bill Clinton, who was conceived while his father was serving overseas during WWII. :hmmm:

The GOP establishment obviously does not like Trump and knows at some point sooner or later (and it looks sooner) that Trump will implode and make impeachment easy and give them cover for not seeming traitorous. Pence is far more establishment GOP (and a right wing nut and in much worse in many ways than Trump, he's a true believer).

Trump listened to tin foil hat, fake news Alex Jones about being wiretapped by Obama, which Breitbart picked up because they do the same and has now been caught with his pants down. Alex Jones? The president is listening to Alex Jones? What real world ramifications about the birther thing, wire tapping thing, all the lies and misdirections is what if a few months from now he claims he knows Iran is violating the agreement or such similar thing and we start militarizing the issue? Bush 2.0, war based on fa falsehood but this time even more flimsier?

While this is going on the white house is getting rid of the EPA, department of Education and a host of things.

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/flip.it%2FhP.F.w-trump-pumps-brakes-on-obama-era-fuel-ef/f-733777281a%2Ffoxnews.com

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/flip.it%2FhP.F.w-trump-pumps-brakes-on-obama-era-fuel-ef/f-733777281a%2Ffoxnews.com

• Like 1

Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge

Secretary of Defense James Mattis has asserted that climate change is real, and a threat to American interests abroad and the Pentagon’s assets everywhere, a position that appears at odds with the views of the president who appointed him and many in the administration in which he serves.

In unpublished written testimony provided to the Senate Armed Services Committee after his confirmation hearing in January, Mattis said it was incumbent on the U.S. military to consider how changes like open-water routes in the thawing Arctic and drought in global trouble spots can pose challenges for troops and defense planners. He also stressed this is a real-time issue, not some distant what-if.

“Climate change is impacting stability in areas of the world where our troops are operating today,†Mattis said in written answers to questions posed after the public hearing by Democratic members of the committee. “It is appropriate for the Combatant Commands to incorporate drivers of instability that impact the security environment in their areas into their planning.â€

Mattis has long espoused the position that the armed forces, for a host of reasons, need to cut dependence on fossil fuels and explore renewable energy where it makes sense. He had also, as commander of the U.S. Joint Forces Command in 2010, signed off on the Joint Operating Environment, which lists climate change as one of the security threats the military expected to confront over the next 25 years.

But Mattis’ written statements to the Senate committee are the first direct signal of his determination to recognize climate change as a member of the Trump administration charged with leading the country’s armed forces.

These remarks and others in the replies to senators could be a fresh indication of divisions or uncertainty within President Donald Trump’s administration over how to balance the president’s desire to keep campaign pledges to kill Obama-era climate policies with the need to engage constructively with allies for whom climate has become a vital security issue.

Mattis’ statements on climate change, for instance, recognize the same body of science that Scott Pruitt, the new Environmental Protection Agency administrator, seems dead-set on rejecting. In a CNBC interview last Thursday, Pruitt rejected established science pointing to carbon dioxide as the main driver of recent global warming.

Mattis’ position also would appear to clash with some Trump administration budget plans, which, according to documents leaked recently to The Washington Post, include big cuts for the Commerce Department’s oceanic and atmospheric research — much of it focused on tracking and understanding climate change.

Even setting aside warming driven by accumulating carbon dioxide, it’s clear to a host of experts,

, a Princeton physicist interviewed by Trump in January as a potential science adviser, that better monitoring and analysis of extreme conditions like drought is vital.

Mattis’ statements could hearten world leaders who have urged the Trump administration to remain engaged on addressing global warming. German Chancellor Angela Merkel is scheduled to meet Trump on Friday.

Security questions related to rising seas and changing weather patterns in global trouble spots like the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa are one reason that global warming has become a focus in international diplomatic forums. On March 10, the United Nations Security Council was warned of imminent risk of famine in Yemen, Somalia and South Sudan.

As well, at a Munich meeting on international security issues last month, attended by Mattis and Vice President Mike Pence, European officials pushed back on demands that they spend more on defense, saying their investments in boosting resilience to climate hazards in poor regions of the world are as valuable to maintaining security as strong military forces.

[more]

https://www.propubli...urity-challenge

In preparation of my forthcoming voyage to the Kingdom of Thailand next week I am currently trying to convince my microwave oven to operate as a camera so that I can shoot some nice photos . I hope the Mister Stickman from NZ can read this as I remember some bars do not allow photos inside . Carrying a microwave oven with you should not make any bouncers becoming suspicious .

"Kellyanne Conway has been a trusted advisor and strategist who played a crucial role in my victory. She is a tireless and tenacious advocate of my agenda and has amazing insights on how to effectively communicate our message. I am pleased that she will be part of my senior team in the West Wing," Trump said in a statement.

Amazing insights , I agree .