Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

CAMILLE PAGLIA: I am a Bernie Sanders supporter. I voted for Jill Stein. So I want to make that clear.

My feeling is that an election occured.

It is incumbent upon the defeated party to pull itself together, or else we're going to get the reelection of the present administration. That's what I feel right now.

BRUNI: You feel like he is going to get reelected?

PAGLIA: Yes. The Democrats have overplayed their hand. And the -- I just can't imagine--

BRUNI: You're already betting on his reelection less than 100 days in?

PAGLIA: Yes because what the Democrats needed to do-- and the major media, Frank, needed to do was to do some soul-searching.

BRUNI: By that you mean the failing New York Times?

PAGLIA: Yes.

BRUNI: Yes, we're going to rebrand this 'Failing Times Talks.'

PAGLIA: If you read only the New York Times-- I said, 'Oh my God!' The readers of the New York Times are heading for a major, major breakdown shock if Trump is in fact elected.

BRUNI: Did you think he was going to be elected?

PAGLIA: I was the very first to call him a carnival barker, and I didn't take him seriously at all. And then, shortly after the very first Republican debate, I saw

, the African-American sisters doing a pro-Trump attack on Megyn Kelly on their podcast, and I thought, I suddenly saw the populism, and from that moment forward, I could feel the momentum of it. And the New York media was in an absolute bubble about this. Let's not get started on the strategic errors of the Hillary campaign...

http://www.realclear...their_hand.html

I have lost total and absolute faith in a large segment of America. I am just going to keep trying to secure my future and hopefully by extension people I love. Its now easy for me to see how so many things in our history happened and continued for so long. There are a large, very scary percentage of the American populace that don't want to know the facts, don't care, and will march into the abyss behind symbolism in the person of Trump (and if not Trump it will be someone else).

Being a bit of a history nut, ancient Rome had some of the same symptoms. Low birthrate among its original people, having to import large numbers of immigrants, increase in homosexuality as normal further quickening the low birthrate. A nation living on past glory and an increasingly unable to project its might. A viable foreign threat (european barbarian tribes--goths, visigoths, vandals, gauls, franks /China, ISIS, etc). An economy that devalued its currency and kept doing so. Huge debts. A series of emperors / presidents that were either weak, crazy and if you occasionally got a good one, the 'system' undermined him.

We are fucked. China will become the next super power past America. That won't change. We are too far gone....chocolat steve (beware of anyone who speaks of himself in the 3rd person btw) will be watching it all on the internet safely (hopefully) in a distant, low cost of living, temperate country with a shrug.

Steve, you forgot to add the Romans dropping conscription and going to a professional military, even using foreign mercenaries. It was a cynical move abandoning the draft, since the politicians knew 1) that they no longer had to worry about their own children having to serve and 2) it's much easier to get the people to support wars as long as they themselves don't have to fight them. Once upon a time the US Congress was filled with veterans. Nowadays, vets in Congress are a definite minority.

Wash Post poll hides: Trump still beats Clinton, 43%-40%

A new Washington Post poll that declares President Trump as "the least popular president in modern times," waits until the second to last paragraph to reveal another tidbit: He'd still beat Hillary Rodham Clinton if the election were held today and in the popular vote, not just Electoral College.

The poll found that Trump's polls continue to be upside down, with a 42 percent approval and 53 percent disapproval.

It's not until the second to last paragraph of the long story that it's shown Clinton would still lose to the president, despite the high disapproval ratings and problems with his first 100 days detailed by the paper. It reads:

The new survey finds 46 percent saying they voted for Clinton and 43 percent for Trump, similar to her two-point national vote margin. Asked how they would vote if the election were held today, 43 say they would support Trump and 40 percent say Clinton.

ABC's Jonathan Karl tweeted, "According to the ABC/WP poll, among 2016 voters, @realDonaldTrump would beat Hillary Clinton in a rematch — in the popular vote, no less."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash-post-poll-hides-trump-still-beats-clinton-43-40/article/2621016

Chelsea Clinton Gets Another Award For Doing Nothing Special

Like her mother before her, Chelsea Clinton appears to be creating a cottage industry for herself in receiving random awards for her unparalleled contributions to society, scintillating takes on current events, and incredibly generous heart.

Not content with just her Variety-sponsored “achievement award,†Chelsea on Tuesday night accepted the annual City Harvest Award for Commitment in fighting hunger in New York City.

Before we claim that she’s done nothing to earn a major award, aside from sitting in a privileged position atop her family’s namesake foundation, or say that she has few actual commitments aside from spending her family’s money and attending a single board meeting for Expedia lest she forfeit the several hundred thousand dollars she earns in her honorary position, in this case, it appears Chelsea did do at least something to earn her award.

On a single day in 2017, she helped City Harvest pack some grapefruit. :biggrin:

According to the Daily Mail, “Clinton and staff from her family’s foundation packed 25,000 lb of grapefruit to distribute to New York residents.â€

We shudder to think at all the people who would have gone grapefruit-less had Chelsea Clinton not so generously offered several hours of her time to pack grapefruit in boxes.

Grapefruit is a good source of vitamin C, fiber and potassium, and, as we learned from so many commercials during Saturday morning cartoons, part of a balanced breakfast.

The previous year, Chelsea and the Clinton Foundation packed sweet potatoes.

Of course, any action in service of the hungry is admirable. But of all the volunteers serving the impoverished in New York, it’s probably no secret that Chelsea hardly ranks among the most dedicated. Even her commitment to City Harvest comes because the Clinton Foundation is a financial sponsor of the organization and that’s likely what she was being rewarded for: the money.

https://heatst.com/p...o-the-homeless/