Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'm stunned, I saw Donnie Trumperbelle, who just was on the international TV extravaganza, againilly.

His speech to the South Korean National Assembly:

Imagine a University associate professor, giving a lecture on the topic of North Korea and it's failings and evils, to a bunch of 17 year old kids.

Well that's how it was written, now imagine Trumperbelle delivering said speech, with the help of those glass screen teleprompters and with ad-libs of how big and bester the USA's weapons and Aircraft Carriers are and how South Korea has done very well.

Truly Cringeworthy and I'm not even an American.

I wonder if Trumperbell knows, that when the applause rang out ,in the South Korean National Assembly, that they were just being polite, it's a trait of theirs, it's not a sign of adulation.

I can imagine, when he finally gets to go to Britain, he'll tell them all about the Royal Family and Henry the eighth and fish and chips and the magna carta...

He'd be more likely to tell them about Monte Python and Benny Hill, or confuse the UK with the Ukraine. :dunce:

I'm stunned, I saw Donnie Trumperbelle, who just was on the international TV extravaganza, againilly.

His speech to the South Korean National Assembly:

Imagine a University associate professor, giving a lecture on the topic of North Korea and it's failings and evils, to a bunch of 17 year old kids.

Well that's how it was written, now imagine Trumperbelle delivering said speech, with the help of those glass screen teleprompters and with ad-libs of how big and bester the USA's weapons and Aircraft Carriers are and how South Korea has done very well.

Truly Cringeworthy and I'm not even an American.

I wonder if Trumperbell knows, that when the applause rang out ,in the South Korean National Assembly, that they were just being polite, it's a trait of theirs, it's not a sign of adulation.

I can imagine, when he finally gets to go to Britain, he'll tell them all about the Royal Family and Henry the eighth and fish and chips and the magna carta...

He'd be more likely to tell them about Monte Python and Benny Hill, or confuse the UK with the Ukraine. :dunce:

And it seem congratulations are in order. Danica Roem, 1st Trans, elected to VA state house.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-25-at-11.31.06-AM-496x351.png

We had a trans MP here for some years, mostly harmless, a colourful addition to a normally dowdy institution.

Oh, no guns and strict control....works so well in Chicago! You had better rethink your statement...

All the laws needed are already on the books, but....

Donald Trump wrongly repeats that Chicago has strongest gun laws

Chicago did have the toughest gun law in the country. That lasted about two years. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Chicago ordinance in 2010.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/nov/07/donald-trump/trump-wrongly-repeats-chicago-has-strongest-gun-la/

Donald Trump wrongly repeats that Chicago has strongest gun laws

Chicago did have the toughest gun law in the country. That lasted about two years. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Chicago ordinance in 2010.

http://www.politifac...rongest-gun-la/

You missed what the US Supreme Court struck down...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

"...found that the Regulations Act was an unconstitutional ban, and struck down the portion of the Regulations Act that requires all firearms including rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock"..."

So why haven’t Chicago’s laws halted or slowed the number of shootings and homicides?

Police and prosecutors agree that the city’s black market for illegal guns has thrived in no small part because of street gangs and their drug operations. Firearms, mostly handguns, are often purchased at private gun shows in neighboring states and at gun shops in Southern states with more relaxed gun laws. Those firearms are then sold on Chicago streets at a premium.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-gun-laws-explainer-20171006-story.html

A major problem is the courts.

The courts continue to implement weak punishment to the gun abusers. This stifles law enforcement efforts.

Police say, "....why arrest the evil doers when the courts only slap their hands..."

The courts have early released the criminals from prison time and time again, so the police and prosecutors are held

helpless.

The French has the right idea, back in they day, when they caught any enemy Long Bow archers, they cut off the 1st two fingers, the ones you need to draw the string back on the bow.

This is the origin of the English two fingers raised in insult to people, not the peace sign, the other way around. It showed that they still had the fingers and therefore were still a threat. Latterly that gesture has become, in America, a single finger, the bird. It must be tiring, to raise two fingers and also maintain the Yankee accent at the same time...

Maybe people who discharge a gun, could be subject to the same sort of punishment, cut off both hands, but they'd probably work out how to shoot without hands....