Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Well it looks like Melania is well enough to fly, seen travelling on a possibly Trumperbelle ordered mission. An unannounced visit to the US-Mexico border a day after the president retreated on immigration policy.

Ho hum, you might say.

Excepting for one aspect, the coat she was wearing as she boarded was a 'fashion' statement - "I really don't care, do u?" on its back.

I think she was trying to protest, her contractually obligated duties to the Donald.

I'm also of the belief that The Guardian is a reputable source of news.

https://www.theguard...-visit-surprise

post-1447-0-33810800-1529618933_thumb.jpg

and

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12075620

with regards to guns I think Open carry and even concealed permits are insane for this reason. We give potential police officers psychological tests to qualify for the job. We mandate they take months and months of training on the use and appropriate discharge of a fire arm and even then they sometimes get it wrong when out on patrol.

And then right wing legislators permit the average citizen to have the same firearm in public, no training at all and think its safe for society? Its asinine and insane. Even a gun in the home is bad enough. But a case can be made its in your home and you have the right to protect your person on your own property. However, I don't think anyone should be able to have that same firearm in public without the testing and training somewhat similar to a police officer.

Why even give cops the training if the argument is that the average citizen has a gun in public and we say they can discern situations akin to a police officer? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Potential police officers are screened for all manner of things or they should be. If the argument is that people ought to be able to protect themselves in public because cops cant be anywhere, then I think its reasonable and logical that if they are going to get legal cover for the use of deadly force in the public then they should have to discerned similar to the same people (cops) we pay to do as well.

Trade war may heat up. The reason Mr. Trump is that the car companies left America for cheaper labor outside while simultaneously weakening unions. However the main reason the domestic car market got weak was because in the '70s the US car companies made cars that needed to be replaced every few years because families were loyal to a brand. Older Americans on here (pretty much everyone..haha) can remember if their father (and by extension family) were Cheverlet or Ford or Chrysler and that's all they bought. It got so bad, Ford who prided themselves on quality when they began were nicknamed Fix Or Repair Daily. The Japanese made cars that lasted and had good gas mileage. Guess who won? hehe Legislatively we didn't punish car companies who moved production abroad.

Anyway, this will be interesting to see how it plays out if it comes to fruition.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tariffs-cars-trucks-autos-from-eu-europe-2018-6

Trump has long been fixated on imported cars. During a recent panel, his former economic adviser Gary Cohn recounted a story in which, he said, Trump asked why all cars in the US weren't made domestically.

And it continues:

.....The truth is simple: Wednesday’s order will have virtually no impact on Trump’s inhumane immigration policy. The sole difference is that instead of locking innocent kids up alone, we’re now going to lock them in cages with their families.

As per presidential decree, kids will now be jailed alongside their parents while mum and dad undergo criminal and immigration proceedings. This winding process can last for months or even years – meaning under Trump’s fantastic new policy, America will be imprisoning children for longer than ever.

Before you ask: yes, that’s 100 per cent illegal. The US court case Flores v Reno banned this practice more than 20 years ago – the argument being that if an infant has done nothing wrong, then surely you can only keep them in jail for so long, right?

That’s what a normal human being might think, anyway. But our president isn’t a normal human being, now is he? He’s already instructed the Department of Justice to try and amend that ruling ASAP so US border officials are permitted to detain children indefinitely. Like, nonstop. Permanently. Now and forever more.

Oh, and those 2,300 kids who’ve already been taken away from their mums and dads? This executive order won’t affect them. For whatever reason, the Trump administration decided there was no point “grandfathering†outstanding cases – meaning all the children we’ve already rounded up will just stay in baby jail until the government says so.

Is this even real life?.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/melania-trump-i-really-dont-care-child-separate-immigrant-coat-donald-a8411571.html

Fuck Trump and the Trumpanzees he rode in on:

post-1447-0-84407900-1529621267_thumb.jpeg

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :)

Crying immigrant girl on Time magazine cover was never separated from her mom, father says

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez told the Post he recognized his daughter on the cover of Time magazine looking up at President Donald Trump and feared she was separated from his wife. The photographer who took the picture, Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer John Moore, reported that after he took the photo, the child's mother picked her up and they got into a van.

But the mother and child are not separated, U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman confirmed. This news sparked outrage from the White House and conservative media such as Breitbart calling the photo of the little girl an example of fake news.

https://www.usatoday...says/725499002/

p.s. Shall we talk about the way Australia treats its illegal immigrants? Or is it that different? :closemouth:

Scathing UN migration report mars Australia's first week on human rights council

https://www.theguard...-council-tenure

this is getting more and more a private Coss threat for his anti-Trump bashing

BOOOORING !

and then one wonders why there are so few active members on this Thai board hé ?

BB

just my 2 satang

So far Mr Coss hasnt been threatening anybody. Should the unlikely happen that you have to say something meaningful you are invited to post it here.

So far Mr Coss hasnt been threatening anybody. Should the unlikely happen that you have to say something meaningful you are invited to post it here.

LOL

a thread is a subject in a discussion board.......

sofar the lesson in English, and as far as invitations go, I dont need your invitation / permission to post or even to express my opinion

BB