Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Cavanami will call this Fake News, but I have been watching some of the USA news channels as I am wont to do (including most days, Fox), there have been many, many people, explaining to the viewing public that: USA was hugely instrumental in creating NATO and why.

Also U.N. Also that NATO protects USA by, mobilising on 9/11 and helpfully, keeping potential conflict borders, in places like Europe, rather than on the Californian or New York Coast. Remember Cuba?

So Trump's "Why do we protect Germany?" is misleading, as he wishes to mislead his base, if Germany was not between the USA and Russia, Russia may feel emboldened to directly advance on Trump, or is that tomorrow?

Trump threatened NATO allies with "grave consequences," warning alliance members that the U.S. could "go our own way" if they don't boost their military spending by January.

Trump arrived late, hijacked a meeting in progress, and delivered what one official called a "prolonged rant." He then praised the alliance as a "fine-tuned machine."

Politico

Trump reaffirmed his support for NATO, calling his threat to withdraw from the alliance "unnecessary" after pressuring members to increase their defense budgets "like they never have before."

He offered no specifics and some leaders rejected his claim. Trump called himself a "very stable genius" and said he deserved "total credit" for pushing allies to increase their military spending by more than previously agreed to while also warning members that the U.S. "would go it alone" if countries did not meet the 2% target by January.

In 2014, NATO members committed to each spend 2% of GDP on defense by 2024. French President Emmanuel Macron, said "Trump never at any moment, either in public or in private, threatened to withdraw from NATO."

Many sources - Google it

Brett Kavanaugh racked up tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt from buying baseball tickets over the last decade. At times, Trump's Supreme Court nominee reported liabilities may have even exceeded the value of his cash and investment accounts.

Kavanaugh's debts reached between $60,000 and $200,000 in 2016, but the loans were either paid off or fell below the reporting requirements by the following year.

Trouble at Mill....

I've just been watching the hearing, wherein Lawmakers grill Peter Strzok over his few tweets that are negative towards Trump, The republicans are trying to pin the work of the devil on Strzok and the democrats are as rabid, but in opposition. I am waiting for fisticuffs to break out.

I'm surprised at the venality of the lawmakers. Bitching about whether or not a tweet was made, in or out of his lunch hour.....

Trump has great speech writers, who prepare every address he delivers. He just ignores them and says whatever he feels like saying.

p.s. Unlike Obama, who oratorical skills were equal to those of Sarah Pailin if he didn't have a prepared script in front of him. :)

Donald Trump has insisted the US-UK relationship is "the highest level of special", hours after he told the Sun Theresa May's Brexit plan would kill a trade deal between the countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44821976