Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

On Manafort, there's been much made of how he hasn't flipped.

Trump himself thinks that flipping should be made illegal.

Flipping  = cooperating with the legal authorities of the USA.

I think that the Russian Oligarch side, of this confusing equation, may have had a word in Manafort's ear, along the lines of "Yes, anywhere, even in prison, we will kill you".

Same same the sex instructors in Thai Jail, who no longer have any tapes, oops, how could have that happened?

'

All this trouble for Trump hasn't stopped him being a racist C*nt ::

Trump asked Sec. of State Mike Pompeo to study the "seizing land from white farmers" and the "large scale killing of farmers" in South Africa. The BBC found in November that there was "no reliable data to suggest farmers were at greater risk of being murdered than the average South African." South Africa responded and accused Trump of seeking to sow division in the country. The redistribution of land in South Africa was a fundamental principle of the African National Congress (ANC) after the fall of apartheid. Now, 24 years after apartheid ended, government figures show that white people (who make up 9 percent of the population) own 72 percent of the farmland held by individuals. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-asked-pompeo-look-south-african-land-032314925.html

Shoe, other foot...

Michael Cohen Tells Congress He Isn’t Sure if Trump Knew of Russia Meeting After Claiming Otherwise

As you well know, Cohen struck a plea deal this week that, while reducing likely legal punishment for breaking federal law, also implicated Trump in the crime of not disclosing a campaign contribution, which was in the form of hush money paid to a mistress. And while Cohen was once a loyal soldier of Trump, he’s now turned on his former boss in the most ignominious manner, citing his father’s experience in the Holocaust to justify his treachery.

If that wasn’t bad enough, Cohen’s credibility is about to take another tumble. Last month, Cohen told media outlets he was willing to tell Special Counsel Robert Mueller that Trump knew about the controversial Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer that some speculate is a sign of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Yet, Cohen testified before Congress that he has no idea if Trump knew of the meeting beforehand.

Jonathan Swan reports:

Michael Cohen told lawmakers last year, in sworn testimony, that he didn’t know whether then-candidate Donald Trump had foreknowledge of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russians, three sources with knowledge of Cohen’s testimony tell Axios.

The big picture: And Cohen still doesn’t know whether Trump knew about the infamous meeting, according to Cohen’s lawyer, Lanny Davis. “Nothing has changed,” he told Axios. News reports last month said Cohen was willing to assert to special counsel Robert Mueller that Trump did know about the meeting in advance.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/michael-cohen-trump-tower-meeting/

I've had White and Black South African friends and have heard two different versions of the same story. My white South African friends I met in Korea. A couple of them very, very cool. Hung out, we drank and partied together. I've been to their apartments for their special occasions. Been invited along with them when they get together to watch Rugby, the Springboks, the Sevens, etc. (although I still can't get my head around the sport). I ask questions respectively. I try hard not to make assumptions. The media, especially American media often gets it wrong and its slanted. They say these farmers have been on the land for generations and likened it to former native lands in Oklahoma, etc, its not a pretty past, but its the past and what is done is done, you can't change the past. Very compelling. He notes how some have worked tirelessly for generations and their children see it as a family legacy no different than the typical American family farm. They also said South Africa is the only place where the majority have a form of affirmative action. Didn't realize that and it was an eye opener when you process it. 

My black South African friends of course have a different version. One of them I know the best ironically enough married an American girl, white girl and took her back to SA. However, he has a view different than my white south African friends. He said "why didn't the Whites rush to the airports after Apartheid?' There was no mass exit. Why? The face of the government may have changed to Black but the assets and wealth remained white owned. Those lands was stolen. If your father stole land and gifts it to his son, does his son have the right to keep it from the son of the father he stole it from?' He also states how most of these farmers aren't progressives, but hard core apartheid holdouts. 

So, both sides make compelling arguments and just like any subject there are two sides and both can make decent arguments. America is no different. If the farmers are not being compensated fairly at least, it's problematic for me. I can certainly understand a tribe or a people not being able to have their tribal lands. But you can't leave people penniless either. It's a tough call and one that I'm glad I don't have to be involved in. 

I just hope it works out amicably and without violence. I'm not optimistic. Trump getting involved is problematic. If it was Bush or Obama, I'd think the involvement was about what's fair, but frankly I think it's a bit hypocritical for Trump to get involved there but ignore Russia's involvement in Crimea. Plus with Trump's alt right connections, I don't think its altruistic. It's not America's business frankly. It's a messy affair and complicated and we should be extricating ourselves from foreign issues rather than getting involved in anything other than clear human rights violations. This can be deemed human rights violations technically but I'm thinking more about lending aid in cases like children and families in Syria, Yemen, the Sudan where they are bombed to death, and tragedies of that nature and in a humanitarian capacity. Food, medicine, etc. 

This is a UN matter if it needs international attention. 

• Like 1

I have a theory when it comes to the affairs. My guess is that it's not so much it would look bad in the election. Trump is well known to cheat on his wives. I think it's possibly tied to his pre-nup with his wife and if either cheats the pre nup kicks in and she gets more if he cheats or she gets less or nothing if she cheats. Just my guess. 

With regards to his taxes possibly being subpoenaed, I think it will tie him to the Russians financially and even though I think he probably didn't directly collude with the Russians about the election specifically, it will expose 2 things. First, his deep financial ties to Russian financiers and second, that he is not as rich as he claims. 

When Trump was running I was positive (and it turns out positively wrong) he would pull out of the race because of his taxes. Since Nixon (for tax evasion), its been a tradition (but not a legal requirement) that not just presidential candidates but in most states, gubernatorial, mayoral candidates release 3 to 5 years of tax returns. I thought for sure this would stop Trump. His claim he was under audit and when his supporters repeated it, I had to ask 1. Why would someone run for President if they are being audited and disrespect the tradition and expect his opposition to ? 2. Why would you vote for someone who is being audited? and 3. Why would you vote for someone who hasn't but hypocritically expect everyone else to?

I've never gotten a decent answer for either of them. But oh well. Identity politics.