Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Taya Kyle, America wife.,

Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. Your new ad with Colin Kapernick, I get the message, but that sacrificing everything thing…. It just doesn’t play out here. Sacrificing what exactly? A career? I’ve done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climb… and it wasn’t sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and more importantly, who I believe in.

At best, that is all Colin sacrificed… some money and it’s debatable if he really lost his career over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one career to springboard himself into a different career when the first was waning. I don’t know. What I do know is, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn’t have gotten without getting on his knees or as you say, “believing in something.” I’m also thinking the irony is that while I am not privy to the numbers, it’s likely he gained a lucrative Nike contract. So yeah… that whole “sacrificing everything” is insulting to those who really have sacrificed everything.

You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.

How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when I say they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who will never be the same. THAT is sacrificing everything for something they believe in.

Did you get us talking? Yeah, you did. But, your brand recognition was strong enough. Did you teach the next generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your ad..it almost leaves me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting?

Maybe you are banking on the fact we won’t take the time to see your lack of judgement in using words that just don’t fit. Maybe you are also banking on us not seeing Nike as kneeling before the flag. Or maybe you want us to see you exactly that way. I don’t know. All I know is, I was actually in the market for some new kicks and at least for now, I’ve never been more grateful for Under Armour.

https://www.facebook.com/TayaKyleAmericanWife/?hc_ref=ARS-SKqhJqVGRDQg4e0R2A_cciRO2LZDCfzvMrN9lUk7KKDWsazq_F9OSY_OfbOQXJ8&fref=nf&hc_location=group

• Like 1

American manufacturers growing at fastest pace in 14 years, ISM finds

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/american-manufacturers-growing-at-fastest-pace-in-14-years-ism-finds-2018-09-04

The rampaging U.S. economy is pushing unemployment to lowest level since 1960s

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-rampaging-us-economy-is-pushing-unemployment-to-lowest-level-since-1960s-2018-09-01

Note: This has nothing to do with Donald Trump!  It's all because of global warming.  :clown:

I'm not sure how I see Nike disrespecting those who lost their lives in wars or in the line of duty. Obviously I feel for anyone who has lost a loved one but Nike used that in context.Up until her letter it was okay to say someone "lost everything" in a fire, "lost everything" when some scam artist took their life savings, "lost everything" when they became homeless for whatever reason. Is loss of life now the only appropriate use of the phrase? I've seen that post and its viral and if some are honest its about not liking the kneeling in the first place. Which I get and understand whether I agree or not. The national anthem is a trigger in America culturally that most outside America don't understand.

I believe the way the government reports economic news is at best misleading. This started before Obama got in office. However, I was among those who said the numbers that were coming out of his administration were not accurate. I worked in finance, you can't trade on altered information. You need hard, accurate information. Obama didn't make them more accurate which I faulted him for. Politically, he couldn't or wouldn't. The hypocrisy is that Trump, rightfully, questioned the numbers if you do a deep dive into them. But they are okay now that they are his numbers. 

The tax savings he gave to companies, manufacturers are going back into buying more company stock. CEOs have a lot of their salary tied to the shares of the company, so its a no brainer for them to buy back stock to raise the price. As for jobs, people are working at jobs they don't want. Many of the great jobs before 2008 never came back. The reason why Trump got votes in some districts in Wisconsin and Michigan that were long time Democrat strongholds was because those jobs were gone, Hillary never visited there out of arrogance and Trump did and promised them those jobs. They held their nose and voted for Trump. Those working class jobs that paid great aren't coming back because they have moved permanently. The U.S. economy is a good looking apple with a rotten core. There are endemic issues that will come to fruition. I am adamant there will be another crash, worse than before. Numbers don't lie. Its a matter of when not if and this one is going to be nasty and it may have the same effect the that WW2 had on the British pound. In 1900 the British pound was used as a global reserve currency twice that of any other country. After WW2, it was even with the dollar and continued to rise and by Nixon's deal with the Saudis it cemented the dollar as undisputed globally. We may see the emergence of another currency or currency hybrid equal to America after the next crash. My guess is something engineered by China. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/economy/chart-book-the-legacy-of-the-great-recession

As I understand it, Puma and Adidas were vying for Kaepernick's signature as well. Nike has had a history of going against public opinion. The Barkley ad about him not being a role model was controversial and talked about not for days or weeks but for years. After Tiger Woods' private life became public and his persona imploded as well as his golfing success, his major sponsors left him...except Nike. And Nike got out of golf in terms of clothes, etc, but still sponsored Tiger. Amazing. Nike has a history of making bets against the grain and its always paid off. 

People always have and always will buy Nike. Even with the links provided above. Liberals and progressives who fight against those conditions still bought Nike and conservatives will still buy Nike. Nike supporting him is huge. Very, very huge because Nike and the NFL have symbiotic relationship. Kaepernick's lawsuit, which has some merit, is going forward. Nike doesn't do anything of this nature without crunching the numbers, putting its finger to the wind and seeing where it's blowing. And its never failed to be on the right side in hindsight. 

My guess and its only a guess, there seems to be enough evidence to suggest collusion by the NFL and they will likely settle for big bucks out of court. It's just not in the NFL's interest to have a case of this nature dragged on for months. And even if they win, the players who are kneeling will be even more emboldened. 

This whole matter has changed its narrative. Kaepernick kneeled because a vet, a white vet, told him it was respectful to do so but that fact rarely gets talked about because it doesn't fit the accepted narrative. My guess is that with him losing out on an NFL position, those that were very opposed to what he was doing was happy he lost his income. I get that. I have a few older brothers who served, my oldest brother was in Vietnam,  one during the Panama war and a few cousins who were in Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.  I didn't realize we were a military family but I guess we are. So, I totally understand the optics of seeing someone seemingly disrespect the flag. But if we are brutally honest and I try to strip away the veneer to get to the heart of it, his detractors don't really care or believe in his stated reason for kneeling. Its a 2fer..lol...they believe the issue he is kneeling for is overstated at best and an extension of Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, MIssouri and Baltimore and secondly the very public 'in your face' optic of him kneeling in front of the flag during the national anthem and for those who aren't American, I would say its almost akin to religious heresy. It's of that magnitude. Which isn't lost on me.