Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

While I find it looks pretty silly, I have to say

No one in a Hajib has ever sacked me, punched me, stolen from me,  reduced my salary, fined me, tried o jail me, refused to give my rental bond back to me, sold me something that didn't work, or was over valued, tried to scam me. 

Men in SUITS have done all of those. 

Let's ban suits, coz I fucking hate wearing them, and so do most people I know.

OH - and don't anyone come back with "They hide bombs under the hajib" cos a lot more people have been killed with pick up tracks and bombs in the USA than Hajibs

Young Ali was under the influence of Elijah Muhammad. He did what they told him. (He later left the Nation of Islam and become more or less a mainstream Muslim.) But his argument was a sham. At first he claimed a deferment as a religious "minister". When that didn't work, he became a "conscientious objector", saying he refused to kill. Selective Service didn't buy that either, and he was stripped of his titles. However, I remember quite well how Ali reacted when Russian invaded Afghanistan. That time he was shouting about wanting to go to Afghanistan and "fight for his Muslim brothers". It seems he was only a CO when he wasn't allowed to choose his enemies. Unfortunately, that's not the way the draft works.

I've heard Kaepernick talk, and he sounds quite intelligent. He's no dummy and this very well may end up helping his career eventually.

p.s. "There has been a lot in the news in the past about Muslims wanting to wear habibs, do their prayers and have been fired, or disciplined for that."  On the other hand, there's the woman in Florida who was fired from her job at a Muslim owned factory because she brought a BLT sandwich one day in her lunch box. She sued, but as I recall the court said they had the right to decide what their employees could eat in the dining area. 

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

While I find it looks pretty silly, I have to say

No one in a Hajib has ever sacked me, punched me, stolen from me,  reduced my salary, fined me, tried o jail me, refused to give my rental bond back to me, sold me something that didn't work, or was over valued, tried to scam me. 

Men in SUITS have done all of those. 

Let's ban suits, coz I fucking hate wearing them, and so do most people I know.

OH - and don't anyone come back with "They hide bombs under the hajib" cos a lot more people have been killed with pick up tracks and bombs in the USA than Hajibs

I used to see a student at Thammasat Rangsit dressed in a grey burqa in our beastly hot weather. The rest of us were sweating in our casual attire, so she must have felt like she was in a blast furnace. Every time I saw her, I'd think: "Somebody needs to go beat the shit out of her father for forcing her to dress like that." There was one female archan who'd always dress in black with a niqab (face cover). All you could see of her were eyes, and quite frankly she looked rather sinister. The university apparently spoke to her, because the next year she started wearing a hijab, leaving her face exposed. To my surprise, she turned out to be a pretty middle aged Chinese-Thai Muslim with a lovely smile. I have no problem with a hijab. But the burqa and niqab should be banned in this climate. 

6 hours ago, migrant said:

So kneeling isn't illegal, nor dangerous (although after a few drinks can be tricky) and would be freedom of expression, not religion, so would that hold up?  I don't know, and do not question your knowledge and experience.

But if a few drinks had been consumed that would then put the employee in breach of Drug and Alcohol Policy which is grounds for starting the disciplinary process

20 hours ago, Flashermac said:

. To my surprise, she turned out to be a pretty middle aged Chinese-Thai Muslim with a lovely smile. I have no problem with a hijab. But the burqa and niqab should be banned in this climate. 

Here in Bang Saphan I see quite a few Women in hijab.  Started looking closer a couple years back (after all I am a trained accountant) and noticed many cute ones!!

In the US I had many Muslim friends, and clients, but saw very few hajibs, probably more burqa's.  I've never felt animosity towards Muslims in general but it took me a while to get used to the many I see here wearing some of the garments.  Combine that with some of the head covers that the field workers wear and it can be pretty scary for one who sees it for the first time!

I've had Muslim friends and colleagues, all very nice people. What they had in common is that they were not very religious. The guys would shoot pool and drink beer. Several of my female university students admitted to me that they no longer believe in Islam, but they don't dare let their families find out!

It's the fanatics of all religions that you watch out for. The same holds true for politics, which can be almost a pseudo-religion.

1. My experience is that religion is cultural to a large extent. Lebanese, Senegalese, Moroccans moslems are pretty much like many western Christians, they are moslem in name only, maybe..do some religious stuff around Ramadan...maybe but by and large not really. Saudis and a couple other countries tend to be more religious.