Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

14 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Not condoning Saudi Arabia's actions but if America, China or Russia (along with a few other countries including N.Korea) make a fuss its really a pot, kettle and black thing. No one is supposed to do it except them...lol

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi 'butchered while still alive', horrific audio of his murder allegedly reveals.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz//world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12143854&ref=clavis

I believe that someone on this board said it first.......... Arabs = Savages with money.

Torture is torture. I don't think anyone who has been under "intense" interrogation (and I'm using a euphemism) by the Chinese, Americans or Russians would say the Arabs are particularly worse. Not to condone. Its barbaric but I consider pretty much any similar interrogation techniques barbaric. 

• Thanks 1

we have no idea just how many people and the dept of depravity the CIA and the MSS (Chinese version of the CIA) have ministered onto innocent people. The difference and I would say the ONLY difference between Saudi Arabia and the aforementioned is that there seems to be possible repercussions and consequences because they are not big enough to have a 'So what?' attitude. Who is going to punish Russia, America or China for doing the same? Russia has been kept out of the G8 over Crimea...so what? Its way  more than what anyone has done to the US (and presently Israel). 

I'm in no way condoning or supporting bin Laden but he was killed in another country, without their knowledge or permission, and killed along with others. 

• Thanks 1

Wot you said - againilly.

The startling thing to me, is how, the Saudis fucked this up completely, by not anticipating, that somehow the whole thing was gonna be recorded and is now being released.

Or conversely, they knew and don't care that the whole thing was recorded and is now being released.

Could it be a stance of showing "I'm tougher than you"?

Mind you, to steer the boat back towards the USA topic of this thread, 

When the Russians executed that UK Novichok nerve agent attack, I thought that Putin might have been sending a message, to the toughest guy on the planet, the most stable genius, the strongest ever, etc - Trump.

I surmised that even if Putin had a piss tape, featuring our favourite cartoon President, Trump may have told him, "fuck you, I'll ride that out if I have to, it'll make the best ratings ever, in the history of ratings in the Universe ever.... etc"

Now this theme recurs - I wonder if the Saudis are showing just how effective they can be, to anyone, any time, take note Trumperbelle.

It is interesting to observe that of the countries in the world who might actually want to slap down an yellow haired, cartoon President of the USA, three stand out, for being the recipients of the best praise ever, the most wonderful guys you'd ever hope to meet,  best relationship ever, everyone is saying...

Whereas, any real allies are trashed on almost a daily basis.

Now Trump is chanting that the Saudis are gonna buy 110 billion in arms and invest 450 billion in the US, "the biggest, largest, best deal in the history of the world"

ffs

Cherokee Nation slams Sen. Elizabeth Warren DNA test as 'inappropriate and wrong'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., released the results of a DNA test Monday that found she had Native American heritage in her background, but the Cherokee Nation – which represents the tribe Warren claims she is descended from – is far from embracing her as a new member. 

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship," Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said in a statement. "Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America."

Indeed, the genetic analysis report released by Warren concedes that because there are not samples available from many North American groups, the senator's DNA was compared against samples from Mexico, Peru and Colombia. Most Native American groups in the U.S. have declined to participate in recent genetic studies, the report said. 

In addition to the lack of specificity and the fact that DNA tests do not meet the existing legal standards set by the tribal nations to determine citizenship, Hoskin Jr. said that using "a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/16/cherokee-nation-slams-warren-dna-results/1656463002/

DuckPercent.jpg

As usual, the press is twisting things around once again and defending Warren. She finally agreed to a DNA test to support her claims (at Harvard) that she was a Native America - despite appearing to be a blue-eyed blonde White woman. Now her autosomal test shows a trace of Native American (6 to 10 generations back), and Warren and her defenders are saying, "See, she was right!"  No she isn't. By that standard, probably most African Americans could claim to be White folks. My autosomal DNA show that I'm a bit over 1% Native American, but I would never think of claiming that is what I am. It means it's over 98% what I'm not! I've also got 0.5% Sub-Saharan African. Should I claim to be Black?

Warren even went so far as to claim Cherokee and Delaware ancestry, which is what has pissed off the Cherokee Nation. She is back pedaling on that now, but it has appeared enough times in print. 

A professional genealogist once pointed out to me that total population of the newly independent USA in the 1790 census (the first conducted) was 3,929,214 people. (Native Americans weren't counted.) Of that number 59,150 were "free persons of color", while 694,280 were slaves.  If your family has been in the US since colonial times, your ancestry is from that small number. The most populous state (Virginia) had just 747,610 people. The genealogist also told me that if your family is from the South, there is a good chance that you have at least one Native American ancestor and possibly also an African. Thus it's no surprise that some Native American shows up in Warren's remote ancestry. But it in no way justifies her bizarre claim at Harvard that it is was her primary origin.

Gentlemen, I'm not entering into the debate over what Warren is or isn't.

But of interest, I relate some good science, about all of our origins.  (I may have posted about this before but I can't be arsed finding it).

About the time, they were reporting that we all have a smidge of Neanderthal DNA in us (mainly those who came out of Africa, not those who stayed), they also reported that a lot of us have Denisovan DNA also. You can also reasonably assume, that the Neanderthal and the Denisovan quotient, came from multiple populations. 

Relevant to the Warren thing, is that, it has been established (via DNA), that the entire indigenous peoples of North and South America, derive from a homogenous group of folk, that crossed (prolly several times), from what is now North Eastern Russia, into Alaska, and seeped down North America and then to South America like honey dripping down a glass pane.

This notably upset the North American Indigenous Wallahs, because their lore has them, as "always" being there.

So a smidge of Warren's DNA being similar to Peruvian, Columbian and Mexican, well, yes.