Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Very interesting article about the 2016 election. Has it been 2 years already? Wow. It seems like yesterday to me. Anyway, the main focus is how someone could switch from being an Obama voter, sometimes twice voting for Obama and then vote for Trump, someone one could well argue the polar opposite. I think one must recall that back in 2008, the race between Obama and McCain was very close up to September of 2016. Obama was slightly ahead in key battleground states but it was statistically vulnerable. 

I think what clearly pushed Obama over the top was the 2008 recession in October. The economy collapsed and McCain was seen as part of the old guard that brought along the economic crisis and I don't care how racist you are, your money is a deal breaker..haha. There were people who were very, very scared, car workers in Michigan, car parts and factory workers in Ohio. Some of these white working class guys in these areas aren't exactly fond of Black Lives Matter but the Republicans at the time were talking about letting the car companies fail and Obama was talking about bailing them out. 

The article also notes that Obama lost the white vote by 12 points in '08 and 20 points in '12. The economy was better. Not out of the woods but the real possibility of a financial collapse into a depression was very real. The reason its now called the Great Recession was because we staved off a Depression, barely. 

ttps://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm?fbclid=IwAR23djLwsZMbtruaKVvPAEH8L4q6Fayi-rEIwbrU9ZhbiFbcXAEElIeuuVg

Anyway, something I didn't quite grasp was just how hated Hillary is. I asked that on here a few times. White males especially hated her vehemently. It wasn't her politics. It was her. I don't get it and never will. There were some people who were never going to vote for Hillary and although they didn't like Trump, he was not Hillary. I still don't get the vitriol. She isn't the favorite of Black males either but there is no where close to the sheer hatred I've seen on here and from white male friends especially those over 40. Under 40 or 35 its not that bad if at all, but white males I know over 40 or 45, and I'm including die hard Democrat males, have this deep rooted, hatred for her and when I press for specifics I don't really get anything of substance. Its not her politics, there are others who share her politics they would vote for. Its not her gender, as I know of other women they would vote for. Its something about her that goes back to the Bill Clinton days and if someone can give me specific reasons I'd love to hear it. I'm not judging mind you, I just don' t get it. I'm not her biggest fan either. I agree with some of her politics but she is as establishment Democrat as they come and I'd take a populist such as Sanders without blinking over an establishment Dem. 

Could much it be her hypocrisy? She attacked the women who accused her husband of molestation or even outright rape, but it's quite different when members the other party are being target. She also comes across as absolutely phony. A friend was an ex-cop who told me he couldn't stand to watch her speak. The way she shifted her eyes when answering questions set off all of his BS detectors. There is very little to like about her, though I don't understand why she is so deeply disliked. The Dems kept pushing her as a break through for women, but in reality she would never have been considered for any high office if she hadn't been Mrs. Bill. She had never lived in New York, but she wanted and got the nomination for Senator from that state without even having to face a primary election. She chose New York because it was a strongly Democratic state where she couldn't possibly lose. Her entire political career was carefully choreographed with the goal of reaching the White House. Unfortunately for her, it didn't end the way she wanted it to. (I'm convinced that Obama got the nomination mainly because the voters just didn't want Hillary.)

Dn54qJ8W0AADdXU.jpg

Catholic Exorcist Holding Special Mass to Counter Witches’ Hex on Kavanaugh

In a battle of beliefs, a Catholic exorcist is planning to fight an upcoming hex on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh with a special Mass. 

On Saturday, Catland Books, a “Metaphysical boutique and occult bookshop” in Brooklyn, New York, is hosting a hex on Kavanaugh in an effort to make him “suffer,” and send a message to his supporters.

“No, you don’t win. He may have been confirmed, but that’s something we already knew was going to happen,” co-owner Dakota Bracciale previously told Newsweek. “We know the system is broken, and the people in charge need to be taken down by any means necessary, magical or otherwise.”

As a response to the hex, Father Gary Thomas, the exorcist for the Diocese of San Jose, California, told the National Catholic Register that he was planning a special Mass for Kavanaugh on Thursday and Saturday.

“This is a conjuring of evil—not about free speech,” Thomas said. “Conjuring up personified evil does not fall under free speech. Satanic cults often commit crimes; they murder and sexually abuse everyone in their cult.”

Upon hearing of the hex, Thomas said he was “appalled” and the other exorcists he shared the story with were equally as troubled by the planned event. The priest explained the hex shows people believe in the power of witchcraft and will direct evil to have a “permanently adverse” effect on Kavanaugh.

“The decision to do this against a Supreme Court justice is a heinous act and says a lot about the character of these people that should not be underestimated or dismissed,” Thomas said. “These are real evil people.”

A priest is appointed to the office of the exorcist by a diocesan bishop, according to the Catholic Herald. An exorcism is a specific form of prayer the church uses to fight against the devil's power. 

Thomas was ordained for the Diocese of San Jose in 1983 and his work as an Exorcist is so widely known that he was the subject of a 2011 film called The Rite. The film is loosely based on the Matt Baglio’s book The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist.

The book chronicled Thomas’ training in the rite of exorcism, as well as, other accounts of exorcists at work. In the novel, the author also recounted Thomas’ own experience confronting the Devil and the history of exorcism in the Catholic Church.

Other people invoked the name of God in voicing their distaste for the event on the Facebook page Catland Book had set up for the hex.

“The devil is thriving with his many worshipers. Kavanaugh is one of God’s children and will continue to be protected by our Lord. Shame on you that participate in this, I’m praying for you,” one woman commented.

Another person commented that Jesus would attend that hex and will denounce the “wicked gathering.”  

The upcoming hex on Kavanaugh has garnered national attention and Bracciale told Newsweek that it’s not the bookshop's first stab at using magic to upend President Donald Trump. Since he moved into the Oval Office, Catland Books has hosted three hexes on the president, which Bracciale deemed successful.

Saturday’s hex is about more than just Kavanaugh, though. Bracciale explained that the gathering is also intended to be an act of solidarity to let people know they aren’t “alone with the monsters.”

“This is basically Antifa witches,” Bracciale told Newsweek. “We’re coming for these people's throats, and we will never stop, we will never be silenced.... There are a lot of angry people who are righteously filled with rage that are going to take back our country.”

The event is sold out and Bracciale floated the idea of possibly doing a live stream. Even if people aren’t able to watch the hex from their own homes, Bracciale said the store will share a hex, complete with directions, for people to perform on their own.

In light of the overwhelming interest in attending the hex on Kavanaugh, Catland Books decided to host another hex on the Supreme Court justice on November 3. 

https://www.newsweek.com/catholic-exorcist-holding-special-mass-counter-witches-hex-kavanaugh-1176666?fbclid=IwAR3AqtXuVbOEqt1bLU3MfzbgYembeSUL8CfJGk-f7lDBvHMQmZaAiee0_Kg

Interesting video on Nikki Haley. Related to this issue is the American view on Israel. Over the years I attributed the power of AIPAC, the main Jewish lobby and de Facto surrogate for Israel's power to the vast number of prominent Jews in all U.S. institutions and their collective ability to 'punish' those who are out of line with their view of Israel. Other groups have some collective power as well. I'm not criticizing the notion of collective power. I'm pro unions and that is collective power for example. It's the use of that power that could be in question. What I now realize is that America's Israeli policy isn't the fact that almost half of America's billionaires of Jewish it was the zealous support from the Christian right. The support is based on the prophesized future in the book of Revelations. Which Jews know good and well doesn't end well for them but in the here and now will accept the support if only for the wrong reasons. The black church are also zionists but no where as zealous as white Evangelicals. There are a few reasons for having less support but I won't go into it. 

Hillary was hated very early on in the Clinton administration. Well before the Monica Lewinsky scandal. And men weren't all that supportive of Monica Lewinsky either. It was a right wing issue. NOW the women's group gave Bill a pass I recall and at the time I noted their hypocrisy. Had it been a Republican they would have gone into uber meltdown. But Bill Clinton was supportive of women's issues in policy even though he was sexist privately.

I think the main reason the Clinton national healthcare bill failed was in large part due to the instant hatred of her by the GOP and the men in the Democratic party weren't too fond of her either but she was one of them so it was always lukewarm. 

I personally don't see her as any more phony than your average politician. By all accounts she is smart and knows the issues well and becomes well versed in them. Its something else and maybe she represents all the ball busting "typical" American women that has driven many of us to Thailand, Philippines and Cambodia. Just a guess. 

• Like 1

In the early 1990s I worked with a man whose brother had been an Arkansas state trooper assigned to the Clinton governor's mansion. The brother said that everyone liked Bill, since he was easy to get along with, but said no one liked Hillary. She had a terrible temper and would go into screaming rages, throwing things like lamps at Bill when she found out about his escapades. While Bill treated his security people like friends and fellow "good old boys", Hillary let them know that they were just servants. She was very conscious of her position as first lady of the state. The bro also said the troopers used to slip women into the governor's mansion for Bill when Hilary wasn't around. He also suggested (without coming right out and saying it) that Hillary went both ways.

Hillary is sort of the average American man's nightmare wife. 

But no one knew of her private, non public personality. She was a total break from previous first ladies. A professional modern day woman. Maybe that's it. Carter was not personable by all accounts. Tip O'Neal, the then Speaker of the House, a Democrat couldn't stand Carter but got along very well with Reagan. 

Nixon was stiff as hell from all accounts. Not too easy to get along with and that's easy to believe. So, it can't be just that. Hillary represents something. And Bill got elected by a landslide twice with her as his First Lady. She got elected statewide as Senator in NY. There is something, visceral that I personally don't see. She she should have sewn up the '08 primaries and Democrat many white working class males who would never, ever imagine voting for a black man for president chose Obama, over her. If it weren't for her machinations and the Dem party machinations, Bernie would have easily won the Democratic primary so I consider it really twice men voted against her and a higher than expected number of women as well. 

So, I'm not putting it down to just men. She had far more support among black women than even white women. Even Democratic white women. In terms of experience, intelligence and knowledge of the issues, she was the most prepared to be President than any of the candidates in both parties that ran in '16. Objectively speaking. 

I have come to the conclusion there is nothing concrete about the hatred for her. It is what it is. 

• Like 1