Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

These attempted bombings in any other times would be a huge national concern that would bring the country together. Its unprecedented. Its massive. If there is anything close to the breadth and scope of what was attempted in America, I'd love to hear it. Frankly, anywhere in the western world, ever!

To me this is a clear sign America is fucked and royally so. Just on the face of it, its a group effort. It's very unlikely it's some 'lone wolf'. The attempt is bold and outrageous but the reaction in some quarters is even worse in terms of what it says about us as a nation. 

I am talking not only of the reaction on the right (dismissive) but even worse the reaction on the left. The left has become normalized to to it all. I don't think this will even be much of a factor in getting people to the polls. 

It will not end well as a nation and I've posted numerous times ad nauseam about the decline of the American 'empire' so to speak and this is just one more undeniable piece of evidence to support what I believe. 

There was a time, some common core beliefs from both parties. The fight against communism since WW2 first and foremost. Both parties were committed to putting a man on the moon in the 60s and both supported the increased teaching of the hard sciences (physics, chemistry) in schools. These were ideologically neutral things all Americans accepted. No party sought to take credit. A Democrat said we wanted to go to the moon and a Republican was there to receive the astronauts and neither party claimed to have done it. 

It all started changing 30 or 40 years ago. The ending of the USSR was a collective effort of all the presidents and congresses since WW2, but Reagan was hailed as the one who ended it. Al Gore "invented" the internet. There are very few common core beliefs that are 'American' regardless of political association anymore. The one last thing is the respect for the fighting men adn women of the military and holding them in esteem and even that is politicized now. 

People sent fucking bombs to ex Presidents, Congresspersons and others and the Caravan in Central America is given more news coverage? Utterly amazing. Well America, it was a decent run, a few bumps and bruises along the way, leave the key for the Chinese under the mat please. 

Nasty Liberals, advocating violence, holding rallies and using the Hitler "Seig Heil" salute.  Gosh, we should put a stop to those liberals and embrace the peace loving, intellectual alt right, with their flowers and peace rallies.

From the far right fascists at USA Today ....

Don't confuse mob rule and protest: The Constitution only protects peaceable demonstration

The left frames violent mobs as protests, excusing the damage and harassment they inflict, but the Constitution only protects peaceful assembly.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/16/mob-protestors-activists-constitution-antifa-liberal-riots-first-amendment-column/1642922002/

“Fireams stand next in importance of the Constitution itself.  

They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.”

General Washington

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established,

should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly,

all experience [has] shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer

while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the

forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and

usurpations,  pursuing invariably the same object,   evinces a design to

reduce [the people] under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is

their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for

their future security."

Thomas Jefferson

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson

The ironic thing is the US government has been encouraging others (most recently the Arab Spring) in foreign lands to depose, violently, their lawful government. These governments are recognized as legitimate by the UN. The US government recognizes them, installs embassies there, make trade and other agreements with said governments but has still encouraged openly and/or surreptitiously (via the CIA), the people to overthrow their government under the guise of liberty and freedom....UNTIL it applies to our own. 😁

Do I think we should be leading a violent mob to to the elected politicians? Absolutely not. The right to and exercise of our collective votes is still a safe, effective means (unless you live in certain counties in Georgia or Alabama 😏 https://www.apmreports.org/story/2018/10/19/georgia-voter-purge }

• Like 1