Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

You may have nailed it. I lost my mother last month just days short of her  99th birthday. My sister was adamant that she would not put her in a nursing home, and we didn't. She passed away in her sleep in the house we'd called home for nearly 50 years. But so many families nowadays just stick the old folks in a nursing home  - out of sight and out of mind.

One of my close friends was put in one for "health reasons" by his wife and daughters. They almost never visited him and he hasn't forgiven them for it. He finally took himself out, moved back to Thailand, and as a result his wife divorced him. He's delighted that she did and is now living happily with the Thai woman he'd fallen for decades ago when she was his student. (She's a widow.) He tells horror stories about the nursing homes, generally being treated in them like shit. If I had a choice between a nursing home or ending my life, I  might seriously consider the latter.

I totally agree about the elderly. There was a time in the west (I"m talking Europe, Australia, North America) where the grandparent was with one of the kids. The rise in assisted living and nursing homes tells you what we do with the elderly and why I can see some of them giving up their fight to live.

However, the suicides are not the elderly per se but men, primarily white (but also other groups evidently) who are in their 50s and 60s, often married. 

Remember when Trump was getting back from somewhere recently and there was much speculation that Rod Rosenstein would be fired, then Trump got back, Rosenstein quickly met with him at the Whitehouse and left, job intact and then nobody talked about it thereafter?

Has Mueller Subpoenaed the President?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/31/has-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-222060

Add to this speculation that Rudy Giuliani and everyone else is not talking about anything.............

And the 'evil rapists are coming to kill your children' flag is getting worked out overtime...

1 hour ago, Coss said:

Remember when Trump was getting back from somewhere recently and there was much speculation that Rod Rosenstein would be fired, then Trump got back, Rosenstein quickly met with him at the Whitehouse and left, job intact and then nobody talked about it thereafter?

Has Mueller Subpoenaed the President?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/31/has-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-222060

Add to this speculation that Rudy Giuliani and everyone else is not talking about anything.............

And the 'evil rapists are coming to kill your children' flag is getting worked out overtime...

Some people on the right have been creating a false story and have paid women to say Mueller sexually harrassed/violated them and Mueller is pissed and has notified the FBI. I don't believe Trump orchestrated or knew in advance about it but these people are acting on their support of him. It was getting personal with Mueller and now its fully personal and its not going to be good news for Trump or people around him. 

If Trump was smart he would not only distance himself from this but help in stopping it. It would send an olive branch to Mueller. But he won't. 

As I said, I don't believe anyone in the administration is connected to this guy or the recent movement. I don't know if any of the women who accused Kavanaugh of anything were paid shills. Maybe there were, I never followed the whole thing close enough. If they were, and there were a connection to the DNC or politicians I'm sure we would have heard about it. Was there? 

There is a difference between someone who was there you don't believe them for a myriad of reasons (conflicting testimony, etc.) and straight out paid liars. 

There are certainly left of center people doing unethical things. Just my observation though, the stuff I see with voter registration purges, etc, cuts to the root and essence of us as a nation and that is very disturbing. 

The main woman? From the little I saw, even Republicans said she sounded credible. Now, only the persons there know what really happened and you could be right in that she was lying but she wasn't paid to lie. That's been established I thought? Unless there is news out there that I haven't heard of. She wasn't paid millions either from what I understand. Do you have any links? This is way different than even what Fox News was saying. 

The problem is that she changed her story over the years. She'd previously said that it happened in her late teens, then she revised it to age 15 and named Kavanaugh. Her life was supposed to have been shattered by the event, but she still managed to go on to a very successful career and earn a PhD. Plus there were no corroborating witnesses and it was all "he said/she said".  It became a matter of whom you wanted to believe, depending on your politics. (I seriously doubt she was paid to lie. She didn't need the money. Something probably happened, but who knows what?)

42795598_2175066429377001_1468953307144781824_n.jpg

DoW9hjxU4AAR6Bs.jpg