Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'll address this snippet as its a narrative oft repeated but not properly addressed but Ill do my best to. 

A single white-on-black shooting in Ferguson, Mo., four years ago resulted in a prolonged media blitz and the involvement of the president of the United States. In that same four-year period, thousands of black-on-black shootings took place in Chicago, hometown of the then-president, yet they inspired very little media coverage and no serious presidential commentary.

White-on-black shootings evoke America’s history of racism and so carry an iconic payload of menace. Black-on-black shootings carry no such payload, although they are truly menacing to the black community. They evoke only despair. And the left gets power from fighting white evil, not black despair.

There is a long history of extrajudicial killings of the police, both black and white of blacks (and to some extent latinos). What is unique about black on black crime? Nothing. its poor on poor and the Italian mafia did the same exact thing in the 1900s till they branched out to others. The Irish did it to each other in even greater numbers. Latinos, whites, etc, kill each other in much the same percentages and the common denominator is poverty. The poor have been killing each other for centuries and violent crime is local.

Middle America, the midwest is often referred to as the heartland of America, where people are plain spoken, god fearing, and the like. Peaceful towns througout, Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, etc. So, why did the heartland have a long list of criminals in the 1930s? Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Ma Barker and her boys, Alvin Karpis, Bonnie and Clyde, Baby Face Nelson, and dozens of lesser known ones ALL came from the so called Heartland. Why did these peaceful areas all of a sudden have numerous criminals, scam artists, etc. in the 1930s? It's obvious, the Great Depression, take away resources and poor people, turn on society and each other. So, there is nothing new about this.

You simply never hear of the same crime in black middle class areas. Just like any other middle class area. 

However, I'll add more to it. What happens when a Black person in Chicago kills another and he is caught? He goes to jail. There is an attempt at justice. However, there is no where close to the same justice (from the view of Blacks) when a police officer kills an unarmed black person. Even these days with video evidence. That is the difference and the 'salt to the wounds' in the black community is that the immediate sentiment, throughout the whole process is that the killings are justified. 

You may or may not agree with the various shootings as justified but that is the sentiment from Blacks. 

And there have been many, many marches, etc, in Chicago. Because 'why don't you protest in Chicago' retort is brought out. At the end of the day, if we are honest is that the killings from police are excused. The few that are convicted demand overwhelming evidence. 

Several years ago when this was discussed on this forum, I related that I've had a gun, cocked and pulled on me around a half dozen times and with one exception, they were all police officers. And twice I was in a white shirt and tie coming from work. The immediate reaction for most is 'What did you do to make the police do that?" And those that know me and how I was raised wouldn't even ask that. My baptist deacon dad wouldn't stand for speaking back to any person in authority, be it teacher, police officer, etc. I am polite, non argumentative and I know enough of police stops to not make any sudden movements and to ask for permission to make any movement. I ALWAYS give the police the option of getting the item themselves or if I should. Enough for a few to ask if I worked in the legal field or was in the military. Yes, still had moments where the guns drawn as soon as they came out of the car and my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. Heart beating. 

This is not all cops. I've met some fantastic cops, polite, professional. I have two friends who are in law enforcement and I pray they come home safely each night However there are too many of the bad ones I have interacted with during their line of duty. 

• Like 1

On another topic the news recently has been talking about Don Jr getting indicted for lynig to the Mueller investigation. I never thought Trump would be indicted directly by Mueller. Maybe in state court in NY but that would have to wait till after his presidency possibly. I think it really won't matter what they find, even if its clear cut breaking of a crime, I think he will keep 35 to 40 percent of his support no matter what. 

Nixon still had over 20 percent even when it was clear he committed impeachable offenses. What is even more amazing was that he still had Senators willing to vote for him in impeachment. Not enough to avoid impeachment but still the fact that he still had Republican senators when it was clear he was guilty attests to the fact that people have put party over morals and even the law. 

I think the same with Trump. I think even with irrefutable evidence, there will still be at least a third of the people still supporting him and some senators. The establishment Republican party will want him out and Pence in, who I consider more dangerous actually for reasons I won't go into. But if impeachment articles are drawn, I think Fox News will still support him and I think at least a third to 40 percent will still approve of him. 

Bill Clinton's approval rating actually jumped 10 points to 73 percent when the house was drafting impeachment. Amazing but if you consider that the economy was great and people thought a man lying in a civil disposition over getting his dick sucked to avoid admitting it to his wife,  then it can be understood that most people thought it was impeachment over bullshit. 

Anyway, Trump probably still keeping almost all of his support in any impeachment is telling. Make of it what you will. 

As an outsider I think ::

1/. Nixon wasn't up to his nipples in Russian money laundering/Russian election interference/extra marital affairs/all-consuming dodgy and illegal business dealings.

2/. Clinton was being done for having sex, unless there's something that didn't make the NZ press for his impeachment, I know about the Whitewater business, but was that involved in the impeachment?

And last but not least, Trump is lying about being a genius....

I don't believe the Clinton impeachment was even constitutional. I think (not sure and too lazy to look it up), he was investigated about sexual misconduct when he was the Governor of Arkansas and part of the questioning was if he had sex with Monica Lewinsky. He was asked this under oath. 

There are two precedents that Presidents can not be impeached for acts that did not involve using their office to commit 'high crimes and misdemeanors'. First was Vice President Aaron Burr, sitting Vice President, went to New Jersey to have  duel with the sitting Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton, killed Hamilton but dueling was technically illegal in New Jersey. The state of New Jersey issued a warrant to the Congress to extradite Burr back to NJ. The Congress did not comply or impeach Burr because they said Burr was dueling as Aaron Burr private citizen and was not representing the office of Vice President. 

Part of the articles of impeachment against Nixon was tax evasion. The Republicans got it removed because they said although evaded taxes while in the White House, he did so as Nixon the private citizen and was not representing the office of the President when he files taxes. 

Clinton was under questioning in a private lawsuit. He gave his erroneous testimony as Bill Clinton private citizen. He was not representing the office of the President. So, I believe precedence says he should not be impeached. Trump may have grounds as well under the same line of thinking I think depending on what they bring charges to him if he is charged. 

Basically, impeachment as it was explained to me in school was a president using his office to commit a crime or for personal gain. Bribery, treason, etc. 

There is a rap song with a hook that says "It's not what you know, its what you can prove" lol

My guess is he won't be convicted if impeached and its a huge IF. Republicans that don't like him are going to be hesitant because of how the party will look in upcoming elections with an impeached President. GOP lost big in 1976 due to Nixon. 

My guess is he won't be impeached. But I think Mueller will make sure people around him are charged and he will try to make it as personally close to the President as he can like his family. It's personal with Mueller I'm guessing because Trump has publicly attacked him and he can't respond publicly but will respond legally. 

What may happen is Trump not run in 2020 in order to avoid public embarrassment. I think his taxes if known publicly would make him very, very embarrassed. 

I hope its thoroughly investigated if there is fraud. I can't see how this is not national news. Not to minimize the report but I can't see how Republicans would allow it without a lot of bruhaha if it was a Democrat dominated country. And visa versa. 

We'll wait and see. 

11 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

This is not all cops. I've met some fantastic cops, polite, professional. I have two friends who are in law enforcement and I pray they come home safely each night However there are too many of the bad ones I have interacted with during their line of duty. 

I had a retired LAPD friend who told me he figured about 10% of cops were bad, and that bothered him. 10% may not seem like that many, but when you're talking about a big city police department like LA (nearly 10,000) that's a lot of people!