Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Turnabout is fair play I guess. Bill Clinton got hit with inane investigations from his Governor days and the first lady at the time as well. Then the longest investigation in government history with regards to Hillary. Longer than the JFK assassination investigation as well as Watergate. And the irony was that Bush deserved far more scrutiny as well. 

Bill Clinton had a stream of ladies claiming Bill's sexual misconduct. Juanita Broaddrick is still waiting for justice and many others.
Look at what Larry Nichols has to say on the events and how the Arkansas justice system ignored and threw out suits brought again Bill Clinton.

Mena gate, travel gate, etc etc...the legacy of the Clintons.

I used to like the Clintons. Back in the '90s. I no longer like them and so in full disclosure, i am still not a fan and blame Bill for legislation that has resulted in deep endemic issues in America. Hillary isn't one of my faves either. 

I also find it within Bill's M.O. that a lot of the allegations when he was Arkansas governor is true. Rape may be a bridge too far I would be willing to go but sexual harassment is well within what we know about him. I think he is too smart for forcible rape (as opposed to statutory rape as he is rumored to have committed on a black minor). 

Anyway, if we are going to use prior acts before becoming president as a standard. I understand that but for me, it was well known. The people elected him knowing these rumors and allegations and so if that is the standard, why isn't there multiple investigations into Trump? It's not just allegations, a great man things are facts. The people elected him warts and all. 

Let's be honest. These investigations in past acts is not about justice but to reverse an election both Clinton and Trump won fair and square. I have to think that if anyone found those Clinton investigations proper and are fair, then the Mueller investigation is valid as well as any further investigations the Democrats  may conduct about the mountainous past of malfeasance in Trump's career and life. 

The Stock Market

I follow the market fairly closely because I have some sadistic desire to lose money (traders understand that sarcasm). Anyway, today was another one of is sometimes referrred to as a 'flash crash'. Meaning the market takes a signficant drop but its not sustained into a full blown crash like it did in 2008. 

The stock market has been on an almost geometrically perfect incline since March 2009 all the way up till February of this year. If you had your 401(k) pegged to the market, you didn't make anything this year. First time in 9 years. 

Economists now say the 2008 "Great Recession" was actually already in a recession in 2007. No one told the American people. The powers that be who are in charge will always lie about the economy because consumer confidence is a big part of any economy. The economy is not really much better now than it was under Obama. What has changed? The ones who support Trump "think" its better. The ones that haven't may have 'drank the kool aid' and think its better or are neutral. The fact is the economy has actually gotten a little worse and Trump was dead on when he said during the primaries and general election that the true unemployment rate is about 20 percent and the economy is not good. 

http://fortune.com/2016/08/08/donald-trump-hoax/

He was right about Obama's economy. It wasn't as good as the numbers were saying they were. But Trump had the benefit of those numbers and using the same exact calculations now takes credit for a "booming" economy. It's not. The stock market is having hiccups and the shock is no one is talking about especially the Democrats which, politically, shows how terrible they are at setting narratives. ]

If you no are no longer actively looking for a job after 18 months or whatever the time that is now being used, you are taken off the column for unemployed. Obama didn't invent that but he took advantage of the accounting and now Trump is. Also, people are grossly under employed. Many if not most of the great jobs pre 2008 simply are gone, and hasn't returned and probably won't. If you ask the average person if they have a good job, they will look at you like you farted. 15, 20 years ago if you walked into a FedEx, or went to Whole Foods, or Starbux, the manager there didn't have a college degree, maybe some college, often one of the minority groups or single moms. College educated people rarely worked at those jobs. II'm not criticizing these jobs. It's a decent job, an honest days work. But people in those jobs can't afford a mortgage and rent or they are married to someone with a better job and/or part of a 2 income family. 

I was in Los Angeles in April and May of this year and those jobs are young college educated, largely white guys/gals. Why? They can't find office jobs. Those entry level office jobs for recent grads are gone. You also find more college grads trying to work for the city, county, state of federal government. They wouldn't take those jobs 20 years ago. 

People are grossly under employed. People are also one paycheck away from insolvency. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-medical-emergency-away-from-financial-disaster-2017-01-12

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/millions-americans-underemployed-0820

I listen to a guy named Peter Schiff sometimes. He is a pure capitalist. He agreed with Trump's view of the economy in the primaries and voted for him. He now says Trump is accepting data he shitted on before. And he has made a grave mistake by publicly taken ownership of a rotten economy and when it crashes he won't be able to blame anyone else like Obama did with Bush. 

37 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

Except your fellow countryman Nouriel Roubini. He is looking for the next crisis in 2020.

No one in terms of the Fed Chief, the President, the talking heads on MSNBC, and the financial media. They were all complicit. There were plenty of people saying it but they weren't let on the major media and major financial news shows. The movie The Big Short talks about a couple of them who saw the housing bubble well in advance. The smart money (or at least some of them) aren't going to lose out this time around. 

The next crisis can happen at any time. The prevailing wisdom is at or near 2020 but no one has every been able to pin it down exactly, even the year. The ones who called in 2008 were saying 2006...no? 2007 then....and so on. 

Financial  history tells us though that there is a strong possibility it will happen in the month of October. For whatever reason that no one can figure out the biggest financial crashes in the last 100 years or so have happened in October. The Panic of 1907 that almost bankrupted the banking system and ushered in the need for the Federal Reserve, the Great Depression, the 1987 crash and The Great Recession of 2008 all happened in the month of October and all of them were triggered by different factors and economists have no idea why its so. Only theories but nothing concrete. 

The next crash could happen in 2019 or 2021 or tomorrow. No one really knows. I do think though it may not happen until the prevailing rise in consumer confidence since the Trump election turns to disillusion. The Federal Reserve raising interest rates will likely cause it and its why Trump is publicly criticizing them. There is a critical mass point where the raising of rates will make the national debt minimum payment amount to 1 trillion and that is untenable. Which is roughly .20 cents of every dollar we take in used just to service the debt and the debt is rising at a faster under Trump than it did under Obama.