Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

38 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

In all fairness, Hillary would have been a better president than  Trump, Dubya and her husband. Not better than Obama and 50/50 about the elder bush. 

5555555555555....a few legal problems for the Clintons...as a former prosecutor brings to our attention...run the presidency from prison?

Here are a few realities. Trump will not be found to be personally colluding with the Russians. It woud have been unearthed by now. We may find people close to him who may have, and I say a weak "may".

The second, Hillary is NOT going to be prosecuted and in the remote possiblity she is, she will not be found guilty. It would have happened LOOOOOOONG before now. This guy can say what he wants. I won't even say if she did anything illegal. It (her prosecution) won't happen. A Republican congress and Republican President didn't or couldn't. Who is going to do it? It's not. One of the reasons that no one will talk about it is that EVERYONE in Washington is dirty. Going after HIllary when she is no longer a threat, would bring a shit storm to the Republicans in all degrees of politics, city, state, federal in similar BS lawsuits and prosecutions. 

It's not gonna happen. Karl Rove deleted millions of emails from the Bush white house. Colin Powell used a private server. Trump himself is using an unsecured phone. It's more wishful thinking than anything and there were vegas odds on it (prosecution) happening, I swear I'd put at least 1k on it, without a worry. 

My guess is nothing will happen while he is President and I'm not sure about after either. There is precedence that a sitting President not having to go to trial for a non impeachment related criminal matter (Nixon was found to have evaded taxes and Bill Clinton lied under oath in a deposition). 

But this is a bit different. Trump has made the battle with Mueller personal. It's Republican vs Republican so the Dems are exonerated for the most part. Mueller is a skilled investigator and prosecutor, he will get his pound of flesh and do so with a 'who me?' look on his face. I will say this, it won't matter to Trump supporters. Trump could literally be videoed taking money and shaking hands with Putin and it won't matter. I wish I had that kind of devotion. Republicans are much more loyal than Dems. Even when there was unbiased, and clear proof he obstructed justice and lied, he still had approval ratings in the 20s and Senators (a number short of stopping impeachment it must be said) willing to vote no on impeachment. On a sidenote, I'd love to know who these Senators were. One day, hopefully, I'll have the time and money to find out. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutors-illegal-hush-money-paid-trumps-direction-022350118--politics.html

...and the FBI and the IRS never will .Even when Republicans are in charge of both departments. As the are now. If the Clintons aren't going to be indicted under Donald Trump with his promise to 'lock her up', then they are NEVER going to be. Its a non starter. For whatever reason. 

Golly 

Cav, the usual bullshit.

Steve - I'm not sure your assertion that Trump wont be prosecuted will bear out. What happened in the past, is lesser,  compared to what the Trumps have been up to.

Did the Clintons use/be used by Russia? Did Nixon play/take money with/from Arabs?

"For the first time, prosecutors have tied US President Donald Trump to a federal crime, accusing him of directing illegal hush-money payments to women during his presidential campaign in 2016.  Did Trump commit a crime? That isn't completely clear. Federal prosecutors didn't accuse Trump in Saturday's court filing of violating the law. However, there was no ambiguity in the court documents that prosecutors believe actions by former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen were criminal and Trump was directly involved. Prosecutors charged that Cohen arranged the secret payments at the height of the 2016 campaign "in coordination with and at the direction of" Trump. They also alleged Cohen made the payment in order to fend off potential damage to Trump's presidential bid. Federal law requires that any payments that are made "for the purpose of influencing" an election must be reported in campaign finance disclosures." AP

Remembering that court filings in Cohen's and Manafort's cases have been, redacted the hell out of, so the above commentary, is in the few lines of the publicly available parts, of the filed court documents. :: which are not opinion or commentary.

...outgoing White House Chief of Staff John Kelly served for decades in the military but "he couldn't finish one tour with Donald Trump."

... the retired U.S. Marine Corps general was leaving "because Kelly requires extensive surgery to remove his palm from his face."

c/o SNL

also

Trump remains headstrong in his belief that he can outsmart adversaries and weather any threats, according to advisers. In the Russia probe, he continues to roar denials, dubiously proclaiming that the latest allegations of wrongdoing by his former associates "totally clear" him.

and

Fox News attack dog Tucker Carlson turns on Trump: 'I don't think he's capable' - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/07/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-interview-turns