Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

17 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

To improve the average level of morale, integrity and intellectual level within the Trump government I suggest to ask Mike Tyson if he wishes to work as secretary of defense. But maybe he is not interested.

Some are old enough to recall (I won't cop to my actual age though..haha) there was a movement to boycott the apartheid government of South Africa. In theory, the government could have made it illegal to boycott South Africa, which many, many companies were doing. Universities were being forced by the students and some faculty to divest their endowment investments from companies that do business there. Many Wall Street companies came under pressure as well. 

Replace Israel with South Africa and you can't act according to your conscious. The ONLY exception I would make is your government declares war on a nation. Then I can see "some" restrictions with regards to interacting with a nation your country is at war with. Interestingly enough, Ford motor company was doing business with Nazi German throughout the war. And had a plant there during the war and were actually compensated for https://www.quora.com/Did-Ford-sue-the-US-government-for-bombing-its-factories-in-Germany-during-WWII

The influence of AIPAC (American Israel PAC) is unprecedented. I don't care if the country is an ally or not, NO COUNTRY should have influence over domestic leaders, etc. Every Presidential candidate makes a speech before AIPAC, its almost mandatory, Trump did as well. You have to reassure them that you will support Israel if elected. WTF? I don't care if its the UK or Canada, with a similar group if they had one. The fundamentalist Christian right are zealous supporters of zionism and that's where their added power comes from.

Now, we are seeing even more over reach with these laws inhibiting free speech. Even if I could I would never ban a KKK member or Neo Nazi member of speaking. They are easy to debunk within the realm of free speech. 

3 hours ago, Coss said:

Donald Trump pretends he’s signing a bill, gets caught signing blank piece of paper instead

Even as Donald Trump was forcing a shutdown of the federal government this evening, he decided to try to create the appearance that he’s busy working. He announced that he’s cancelled his flight to Mar-a-Lago (are we supposed to care?), and he posted a photo that’s supposed to prove he’s busy signing a bunch of bills at his desk. The trouble: that thing he’s signing in the photo isn’t a bill.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/signing-blank-paper-trump/14870/

Coss the fool gets fooled again! Even Snopes says this guy is a BS tool!!!

he Palmer Report is a news and opinion blog/website created by Bill Palmer the former writer and owner of Daily News Bin.  The Palmer Report is typically well sourced and usually points to credible sources.  However, there is a very strong liberal bias in reporting and story content.  The Palmer Report uses loaded words and sensational headlines that don’t always reflect the content of the article. An example headline is as follows: Donald Trump’s demented “Happy New Year” tweet is the worst thing you’ll read all year. The Palmer Report has been criticized by the Slate for publishing misinformation. Palmer Report also has false and unproven claims according to Snopes, which Mr. Palmer calls the National Enquirer.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/palmer-report/

2 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Some are old enough to recall (I won't cop to my actual age though..haha) there was a movement to boycott the apartheid government of South Africa. In theory, the government could have made it illegal to boycott South Africa, which many, many companies were doing. Universities were being forced by the students and some faculty to divest their endowment investments from companies that do business there. Many Wall Street companies came under pressure as well. 

Replace Israel with South Africa and you can't act according to your conscious. The ONLY exception I would make is your government declares war on a nation. Then I can see "some" restrictions with regards to interacting with a nation your country is at war with. Interestingly enough, Ford motor company was doing business with Nazi German throughout the war. And had a plant there during the war and were actually compensated for https://www.quora.com/Did-Ford-sue-the-US-government-for-bombing-its-factories-in-Germany-during-WWII

The influence of AIPAC (American Israel PAC) is unprecedented. I don't care if the country is an ally or not, NO COUNTRY should have influence over domestic leaders, etc. Every Presidential candidate makes a speech before AIPAC, its almost mandatory, Trump did as well. You have to reassure them that you will support Israel if elected. WTF? I don't care if its the UK or Canada, with a similar group if they had one. The fundamentalist Christian right are zealous supporters of zionism and that's where their added power comes from.

Now, we are seeing even more over reach with these laws inhibiting free speech. Even if I could I would never ban a KKK member or Neo Nazi member of speaking. They are easy to debunk within the realm of free speech. 

Large problem is the USA, the USA government and Hollywierd is loaded with Jews that fully support Israel. So it is much more then then some external influence on the USA.

I've got no problem with advocacy for your cause. We call came from somewhere other than America. Paul Ryan recently made it easier for people from Ireland to emigrate, Irish Americans celebrate St. Patrick's day with much more emotion than the rest of us who see it as a day to drink beer without public shaming. Being of African descent roughly 400 years or so, I have a soft spot for the continent. People are proudly Italian American, etc. We have this unique duality in America where we can be 100 percent American and still have a soft spot for our ancestral homes. 

However, this (the recent post) crosses a line when you get into violating people's rights. It's a confluence of groups. Jewish Americans, the Israeli government and the fundamentalist Christian right. 99% of people think its purely those of the Jewish faith. Again, I have no problem with advocacy for Israel, Zionism, whatever, UNTIL my rights are violated or restricted. And if its for an ally, it doesn't make it right. And credit to Sanders and Feinstein for seeing the bigger picture and the possible ramifications if this overreach escalates where people abandon support for Israel. https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-bernie-sanders-dianne-feinstein-urge-senate-leaders-to-scrap-anti-bds-bill-1.6762918

The Christian right are the main problem. They have a lot of power within the country. 

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/12/16761540/jerusalem-israel-embassy-palestinians-trump-evangelicals

http://www.patrobertson.com/Speeches/IsraelLauder.asp

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

Coss the fool gets fooled again! Even Snopes says this guy is a BS tool!!!

he Palmer Report is a news and opinion blog/website created by Bill Palmer the former writer and owner of Daily News Bin.  The Palmer Report is typically well sourced and usually points to credible sources.  However, there is a very strong liberal bias in reporting and story content.  The Palmer Report uses loaded words and sensational headlines that don’t always reflect the content of the article. An example headline is as follows: Donald Trump’s demented “Happy New Year” tweet is the worst thing you’ll read all year. The Palmer Report has been criticized by the Slate for publishing misinformation. Palmer Report also has false and unproven claims according to Snopes, which Mr. Palmer calls the National Enquirer.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/palmer-report/

Just checking to see if you're awake.

Appears Coss wants the USA to be the world police force...sorry Coss, let your little island step up for once! Step up or shut up!!

Trump call with Turkish president led to decision to withdraw troops from Syria

President Trump agreed to withdraw troops from Syria in a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last week.

Two officials briefed on the matter told the Associated Press that Trump rejected the advice of his top aides in agreeing to the withdrawal during the Dec. 14 phone call.

Trump’s decision to pull troops from Syria led to widespread criticism, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis resigned shortly after the announcement.

Surrounding the decision, Trump claimed that ISIS had been defeated and there was no longer a need for the presence of U.S. troops in Syria. He also said, however, that the U.S. did not want to police that region of the world, and instead said it was other country’s responsibility.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/trump-call-with-turkish-president-led-to-decision-to-withdraw-troops-from-syria