Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Now about all the rest of the sick, pedophiles in Hollywierd and many politicians, including the Clintons....

Kevin Spacey facing felony sexual assault charge in alleged incident with teen

It’s been over a year since former Boston news anchor Heather Unruh called out actor Kevin Spacey in a press conference, alleging that he had allegedly sexually assaulted her teenage son in a Nantucket bar in July 2016. Now comes the announcement that Spacey, known for his work in American Beauty and House of Cards (the latter of which dropped Spacey not long after Unruh’s press conference), will be arraigned on a felony charge of indecent assault and battery on Jan. 7.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kevin-spacey-facing-felony-sexual-assault-charges-alleged-incident-teen-193240674.html

The Fed has to raise rates. All Presidents own the economy they preside over. Obama got blamed for things the Fed was doing. But from an economic point, we can't keep interest rates at near zero. It's been that way for almost 10 years. The Fed has actually raised rates at a slower paced than most economists think it should. The industry term is 'dovish' instead of hawkish. 

I will say this. It's not Trump's fault the economy is going into recession. It was always going into recession. What Trump can be blamed for is speeding up the process. The market was propped up under Obama to be fair. It was being propped up under Trump. The Fed is actually the most apolitical part of the government (although technically it's not part of the government but a private group but that's a debate for another day). 

Inflation is growing at a rate than the Fed is charging for interest. That's a disaster waiting to happen. The interest rate should INCLUDE the rate of inflation, NOT be below it. It weakens the dollar, and the economy. No Fed Chairman wants to go down in history as mismanaging an economy into a recession such as Greenspan. 

And what makes this Fed Chairman even less likely to be 'in it for Trump' is he was appointed by Trump last year. And he is a Republican. The Fed has begun raising rates since 2015 so its not something they started doing just since Trump's election. 

All Presidents traditionally, deserved or not OWNS the economy they govern over. Bush had to, Obama had to and Trump ran on that now Trump has to own this one. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/business/economy/fed-rates-powell.html

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/7-surprising-benefits-of-higher-interest-rates-from-the-federal-reserve/

...and from another viewpoint...

The silent recovery: how much longer can America’s long, slow boom last?

If it lasts till 2019, it will have run for a decade. But this upswing, marked by weak growth and inequality, is not a normal one

It all started in the summer of 2009. Barack Obama was six months into his presidency and desperate for some good economic news. The US had just suffered its deepest post-war recession, unemployment was heading for 10% and Washington had been forced to bail out the banks.

But in June of that year, the world’s second-biggest economy turned the corner. A recovery began that has continued uninterrupted ever since. At the end of this month, the US will have enjoyed its second-longest period of economic expansion in history, beating the upswing under John F Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson between 1961 and 1968.

By next summer, if nothing untoward happens, Donald Trump will be able to boast that the US has beaten the record 10-year period of growth between the end of the Gulf war in 1991 and the 2001 dotcom bust. Expect a flurry of self-congratulatory tweets from the White House.

The reasons for America’s recovery are simple. Interest rates were cut quickly and aggressively by the country’s central bank, the Federal Reserve, and kept at rock-bottom levels for seven years. The Fed also pumped trillions of dollars into the economy through the process known as quantitative easing – buying bonds to expand the money supply...

Nor has the recovery followed Kennedy’s dictum that a rising tide should lift all boats. Half of the growth during Obama’s presidency went to the top 1% of US households, with the lack of real income growth for middle America helping to explain both the muted nature of the upswing and the discontent that propelled Trump to the presidency...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/28/america-long-slow-boom-recovery-last-economics

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Blames Canada's Illegal Immigration Woes On The United States

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is blaming President Donald Trump and the United States' stricter policies on immigration for Canada's burgeoning "immigration crisis," even though Trudeau himself told migrants he'd welcome them with "open arms."

In an interview with GlobalNews.ca, Trudeau absolved himself of all responsibility over the influx of illegal immigrants who've made their way into Canada through the United States, claiming instead that the United States has failed to welcome migrants with open arms, thus sending them packing for Canada.

Back in 2017, Trudeau famously tweeted, in response to President Trump's call to heavily restrict immigration to the United States, that Canada would continue to be a destination for the world's downtrodden, even if the U.S. wasn't interested.

But while it's no secret that U.S. immigration policy has become more restrictive, certainly Trudeau's policy of welcoming immigrants with open arms isn't helping. According to CIC news, which tracks immigration to Canada, "international migration reached a record level in the third quarter of 2018," bypassing records set each previous quarter. Population growth has exploded in Canada, largely because of immigration.

The situation has gotten so bad that Canada is now actively encouraging migrants not to cross into their country outside of legal border checkpoints, and cautioning potential immigrants to Canada that the road to Canadian citizenship isn't easy. Asylum seekers are allowed to remain in-country while their claims are being processed, but Canada only accepts a fraction of asylum claims.

To emigrate to Canada legally, potential Canadians must prove they will provide a value to their new home country — a process that might take more than a decade.

Worse still, the influx of immigration to Canada has cost the country dearly. The Canadian government spends approximately $14,000 per illegal immigrant, Canadian state media reports.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39653/prime-minister-justin-trudeau-blames-canadas-emily-zanotti?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR0zUBSwuyyp_Zm2QKoVziuPIOUUAJsn_-4neWls0EmXAapSLiQosDnrSbw

The market had one of, if not, the biggest one day gain ever, over 1000 points on the Dow Jones. It was not a reversal of the economy. The market went down more over recent times than it has in many years so a rebound of some quality is normal. It's a 'dead cat bounce' though. As I write now, the market is already falling and has lost about 30% of that 1k gain. The trend is down and we are heading into more economic despair. There is still a bit of confidence left in large parts of the general economy. But once people open up their annual 401k statements in January, they are going to start losing confidence about the immediate and intermediate future. They are going to move money out of stocks into something safe, interest bearing so they don't lose money and when millions start moving out of the market, it will drive the market lower. 

Blaming the Federal Reserve as Trump is doing is passing the blame. Especially since HE appointed the Fed Chairman. Its his guy. The guy is a Republican. But the Fed can't be partial to anyone. It has to act in the best interest of the economy and the country's financial health. Trump, you or I are trained economists. If they believe raising rates is needed, we have to accept it as such and even if we don't, we have to accept they are not doing to hurt Trump specifically. That's a bit narcissistic. 

The truth is that rates have to go up for a myriad of reasons. Let's say the kept it near zero as it us now. The economy is headed towards a crash if not a recession and one of the biggest tools and it's a major tool, the fed has is to be able to cut rates. If its already low, they have lost their biggest weapon. The economy's true rate, natural rate is at least 5% and right now its artificially low. That is a HUGE issue. For one thing, we can't sell government bonds in a changing economy for the worse, offering 1 or 2 percent. No one is going to want to buy it as such because it's not worth it to lend the government money with the inherent risks for only 1 or 2 percent. They will need 5 or 6 percent to bite. It's a double edged sword. 

How would President Chocolat Steve deal with it. What I we must do as a nation is to get key Dems and Republicans, politicians, CEOs, etc. and meet and agree on things that are beyond politics. In the '60s getting to the moon was beyond politics. It didn't matter who was in the white house, as a nation, we were committed to going to the moon. No party took credit. A Republican got us into space with satelites (Eisenhower), A Democrat told the nation we were heading to the moon (JFK) and a Republican was there to receive them when they landed (Nixon). Neither party said they put the man on the moon. We MUST get back to core things that are apolitical. 

One of them should be infrastructure. Both parties must agree to make it apolitical. That whomever is in the white house they are committed to rebuilding the infrastructure. I would suggest that ALL infrastructure spending should be American companies that give a priority to American citizens first and and greed card holders second. And to rule out pork and projects done in whomever has the most political power, that its spend on need by a truly independent committee. 

On another note, I would change the corporate tax rules. I would suggest a tiered tax system. If you are an American company, headquartered in America both physically and tax recognition and you have all American workers, you pay the lowest corporate tax. That percentage can be determined. However, if you are a 'so called" American company that is tax domiciled in the Caymans, Isle of Mann or whatever and you are an international company with 1000s of workers in other countries you pay the most taxes. Incentive (tax wise, subsidies, etc.) should be greatest for American companies, in America, hiring American citizens. Trump is right in that America has to start taking care of itself. For truly international companies like Coca Cola for example, they can set up a wholly owned subsidiary in America, employing Americans and if they can show those profits STAY in America, they can at least have that subsidiary enjoy low taxes. If its a hybrid company where operations are outside and some inside your taxes are somewhere between the lowest and highest depending on how the number of American workers, etc., they are employing. 

• Like 1

Where ever they fall in a set of bilaterally agreed upon criteria. The criteria, in theory, would be as free from business influences as possible. No former Goldman Sachs, Google or Ford CEOs allowed. The two criterias would be knowledge and independence. 

• Like 1

If I was an American, I'd vote for Chocolate Steve, 1st admitted Monger President!.

Mind you, it could be argued that Trump is a Monger, but I'm not sure he'd qualify, as he's been unaware that he was mongering, he prolly thinks that, you pay for everyone.

Trump went to Iraq for three and a half hours.

Asked if he had concerns about making the trip, the president told reporters:

“I had concerns about the institution of the presidency. Not for myself personally. I had concerns for the first lady, I will tell you. But if you would have seen what we had to go through in the darkened plane with all windows closed with no light anywhere. Pitch black. I’ve been on many airplanes. All types and shapes and sizes.  So did I have a concern? Yes, I had a concern.” 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/26/trump-iraq-visit-us-troops-shutdown

the video of this ramble shows Donald speaking in a frightened old man voice.

this is after

"I am all alone (poor me)... "

and

"I am in the Oval Office & just gave out a 115 mile long contract..."

and if evidence of collusion is of interest:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/cohen-cell-phone-prague-772926/