Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'd be shocked if Bill ISN'T having affairs..haha. Really. He's always been philandering. Not saying its a good thing, but it's a given. We all know about JFK but there is a story that when LBJ learned of JFK's many affairs said something to the effect he's forgotten about more women than JFK ever had. lol.

While not a president, Ben Franklin fathered a number of out of wedlock children. 

10 hours ago, Coss said:

yes I saw that - She is the speaker, and Trump has once again disclosed classified material.

I also see that Nancy suggested Trump cancel the state of the union address, or send written version. Perhaps written in sharpie on the back of a Big Mac wrapper...

The state of the union was actually written up till President Wilson. Wilson was a former professor and president of Princeton so liked to hear his own voice, so he started the tradition of speaking to the entire government in the Congress chambers. 

I have to wonder why AOC (Alexandria Ocasio Cortez) triggers the right as well as the establishment Democrats so much. She is a freshman Congressperson from a district in the Bronx. No power whatsoever on the face of it. Assignments in committee are handed out by seniority. This is the House of Representatives where you can live in obscurity for years on committees such as Indian Affairs. 

My guess is her potential. She is the face of a new wave of very progressive, far left of center, even left of Democrats, and they are not beholden to the status quo. The left's version of what the Tea Party was supposed to be for the right (but has since been bought by special interest). I think everyone is looking for her to be a major force as a candidate perhaps in 2024. 

She gets scrutinized more than a priest at a a playground. The standards for her are unfairly set high in what she is supposed to know. She's young and just starting out and every small misspeak is shown as proof positive she doesn't know anything or a fraud and there are fake stories about her all the time. I've rarely seen anything like this. I'm guessing JFK went through something similar perhaps. I wasn't around back then. . 

Am I a fan? Yes to some extent. I like seeing new blood and I like seeing David vs Goliath stories. But that's about all there is to it for me. She came from humble beginnings, took on a person who was embedded in the Democratic machine and slated to be the Majority whip possibly. It's a huge defeat and a huge accomplishment on her part. So, in that context I thought it was a good story. I have thought the same about some on the right. 

She was placed on the Financial Services committee which overseas Banking and that is a high profile committee. That surprised me. The establishment Democrats don't like her because she is not beholden to the machine. I would have thought a committee like House Administration or Natural Resources and have her buried in obscurity there for the duration. But had they, I think they would have come under a lot of backlash perhaps. 

Pendulum has swung and has yet to reach it's apex, it'll be a generation or so before it's begun to swing back. I like the look of her and she's IMHO a better looking version of our Jacinda.

I've been unfortunate/fortunate enough to have grown up in the era of feminism becoming main stream and now I reckon we're going to see the logical progression of more ladies moving into positions, for which, their gender previously had them at a disadvantage.  

To those who noted her good looks, I'll relate a small tale. Once, after I'd hired a person for an IT position, who happened to be a cute Asian girl, when grumblings from the female staff were detected along the lines of "She just got hired because she's pretty", I was heard to say "I am an equal opportunity employer, I believe that good looking people should have the same equal rights and access to employment as the less beautiful".

Needless to say that didn't go down well and I was watched like a hawk, for any sign of an affair or stationery room knee trembler...

A big fuse is lit

Analysis by Anthony Zurcher, BBC News

With the longest government shutdown in history poised to stretch into a fifth week, Washington has become a political powder keg.

The report on Thursday night that there is documentary evidence Donald Trump directed his former attorney to lie to Congress just lit a big fuse.

If the Buzzfeed story is substantiated - and it asserts this evidence is already in the hands of Mr Mueller - this would appear to present a strong case for presidential obstruction of justice.

Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar, in a hearing on Tuesday, prompted attorney general nominee William Barr to acknowledge as much.

Already the quiet whispers of impeachment among House Democrats are getting louder. Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been able to tamp down this sentiment so far, but she may be unable - or unwilling - to keep it under wraps much longer.

For almost two years, Mr Mueller's Russia investigation has been a cipher, with details of its activities coming only in opaque legal filings and anonymous accounts of unascertainable veracity.

It seems the time for him to put his cards on the table and end the speculation and parlour-game guessing is rapidly approaching. In fact it's past time, if you ask some Democrats.

- from the fakest of fake news - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46915909

Mueller might finally have a smoking gun

...The assertion that Senate Republicans would never break with Trump and never vote to impeach has rested primarily on the assumption that the evidence would never be so conclusive and the crime would never be so serious that senators would lack excuses to avoid conviction.

All of that goes out the window if multiple pieces of evidence demonstrate Trump suborned perjury.

At that point, public opinion may present Republicans with a choice: Get Trump out of office now, or we’ll vote all of you out in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/18/mueller-might-finally-have-smoking-gun/?utm_term=.2f001cd8e42e

Steve King per se was only a worry in that he previously had a say in the government via his vote and committee. But the three things that worry me the most are 1. the 4th district in Iowa that elects him. His election and re-election over the years speaks volumes on the type of people there and 2. since he's said what he has said not a peep from the President. His silence speaks volumes. King's comment is worthy of a comment from the titular head of the party. And 3. Sadly, his comments won't change a thing including galvanizing Blacks. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/26/hes-so-openly-racist-why-does-iowa-keep-electing-steve-king-to-congress

...and the media???

Prominent Democrat Fundraiser Terry Bean Indicted On Child Sex Abuse Charges from 2013 Case

Bean hosted fundraising events for Dems including Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore

Prominent Democrat donor Terry Bean was indicted earlier this month on two counts of sodomy and one count of sex abuse for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.

Bean was arraigned Thursday on the charges, TV station KGW8 reported. He pleaded not guilty and was taken into custody at Lane County jail in Oregon. He was released Thursday and told KGW8 he was “innocent.”

The indictment was filed on Jan. 4 but made public following the arraignment...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/prominent-democratic-donor-terry-bean-indicted-on-sex-abuse-charges