Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"The proposal — introduced by rising star Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — aims to reduce emissions to net-zero in 10 years, provide universal health care, guarantee jobs for all with sick leave and paid holiday, and ensure retirement security."

Except for the full employment bit, she's talking about New Zealand. We've got net zero emissions, soonish, but the cows keep farting,.

And we've got universal healthcare.

Mostly sick leave and paid holidays (except for recent arrivals like f'n Uber etc), but that's being reversed as the new govt rolls back the "everyone is a contractor, not an employee, changes that have been reading their ugly heads...

And retirement security, well it's not gold plated toilets, but my old and crusty parents are doing well enough, to afford a moderate lifestyle.

On balance, I'm not too sure I buy the narrative of Trump supporters now angry over an increase in taxes owed. Why? They have forgiven him for much, much more. Unleess it's significantly more, but they knew the wealthy were getting a big break and didn't expect the same for themselves. So to be fair, I think some of this 'blow back' are non Trump supporters saying they are to create a narrative. I know I sound like Sean Hannity but as I said, there are a lot of stuff Trump has done and they have forgiven or ignored that adversely affects them, so why should this be any different?