Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Maybe what the country needs is a few more parties big enough to challenge the two dinosaurs, which have held a monopoly on political power for generations. We need more than just the few local parties in a handful of  states. How about one or two with real chance to elect a candidate nationally? What we saw in the last Democratic campaign was pathetic. The Dem party poobahs clearly rigged the primaries to make sure that only Hillary could win the nomination.  That is public knowledge, but there has been no outcry over it. It has been virtually ignored, while the Dems spend most of their time throwing insults at Trump. If the Dems want to know why Trump was elected, they should take a good look at themselves and the way they've been treating voters. The Republicans also didn't present a very inspiring selection of presidential candidates. Both parties more or less suck, but just in different ways.

12 hours ago, cavanami said:

This happening in a Dem controlled city....with Obama there...clear what the Dems are, liars and traitors! What a POS!! Welcome to justice, Dem style!!!

Prosecutors drop all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett

Attorneys for Jussie Smollett said Tuesday that all criminal charges against the "Empire" actor and singer have been dropped. Smollett had been charged with falsifying a police report by claiming he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

The judge also granted a motion to seal the record in the case, Patricia Brown Holmes, a Smollett lawyer, told reporters inside the Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago. She also said the actor voluntarily agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond to the city of Chicago...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutors-drop-all-criminal-charges-against-jussie-smollett-his-attorneys-say-153000280.html

Sounds like Thailand. Forfeit your bond and walk away from charges.

p.s. Does the chief of police get to keep his job after the nasty things he said about poor Jussie?    :shakehead

Not excusing Smollett but its not like the first time someone made a false report and not got to jail for it. I like the guy one bit, even before this fiasco. But if I want to be fair, the vast majority of people do not go to jail over false reports. Every day in Chicago, disgruntled girlfriends make false reports on men and nothing happens. There are tons youtube videos of people who make false reports about "someone" in their neighborhood and nothing happens to the. . The only difference in this case it was someone with some notoriety and the police put in a lot of man hours because of his notoriety. 

As I said before, I don't think a 3rd party will happen unless there is some event that triggers a complete distrust of either party. The Reform Party that H. Ross Perot started had a chance but he was too mercurial. He wasn't the right person to head run it. 

I'd love to see the full Mueller Report but I don't think that will ever be released to the public. Democrats relied too much on it but it must also be said a Republican led the investigation about another Republican and Dems had nothing to do with the actual investigation. Dems just over relied on how important it would be. Still, there were significant indictments of people who would have wielded power within the administration like Kelly who was completely compromised. So, in that respect it wasn't a waste of time. I've never seen a Special Council ever find out its intended reason for existing was proven true. Nixon wasn't facing impeachment on obstruction which wasn't the Special Council's mission. Whitewater didn't prove its intention at all. Hillary wasn't proven at fault for Benghazi. The server was not what her Special Council was about. Colonel North's lying wasn't what the Iran Contra investigation was set up for. Just like any indictment from all Special Council's it was discovered as aside while investigating. 

As for 2016 Republican candidates, Rand Paul, John Kasich, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, George Pataki Rick Santorum were among the candidates. Not to crap on Trump but how is he visibly better than the aforementioned? He came with infinitely more baggage than all of them...put together. 

2 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Just like any indictment from all Special Council's it was discovered as aside while investigating.

and this, in my view, is where Republicans have most to fear, not so much indictments, but what will become apparent from the investigations.

i.e. whilst the evil bad men were killing children and stealing trillions, subject A, was cheering them on from the next room, not  the crime in and of itself, but impeachable behaviour?

What I see happening is the Mueller report being kept back and covered up and people's "rating" of the report is the only info, the public are seeing at present.

When the first leak happens, then shit will hit fan. And this is what worries Trump.

Cav, my question for you, "If this report, is a total 100% Exoneration of Trump-Russia, why then are Trump and all his cohorts, still working to hide it?"

Surely they'd be holding it up, it in front of every TV camera they can find?

14 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Shocked Vladimir Putin Slowly Realizing He Didn’t Conspire With Trump Campaign

MOSCOW—Saying that he had been “totally blindsided” by the revelations from the recently released findings of the Mueller investigation, a shocked Vladimir Putin reportedly came to the realization Tuesday that he didn’t conspire with Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign after all.

“What the hell? I worked so hard on this—if I wasn’t colluding with the Trump campaign, who the hell was I colluding with?” said the dumbfounded Russian president, growing increasingly angry as he scrolled through his email inbox and recounted his numerous efforts at covert communication with individuals who he had thought were high-ranking Trump officials, but now he suspected were bots or anonymous internet trolls.

“Man, it seemed so legit. I can’t believe I let myself get conned like this. I spent so much time emailing back and forth with DonaldTrump46@hotmail.com about compromising the democratic voting process, and now it turns out it was all fake? And we spent so much time gathering all that kompromat on the wrong people. Goddammit, I feel like I’ve wasted my life.” At press time, Putin was frantically double-checking that Russia had assisted in propping up a dictator in Syria and not some other country.

https://politics.theonion.com/shocked-vladimir-putin-slowly-realizing-he-didn-t-consp-1833575011

très amusée     😁

This is Fox News so it must be true.

Mueller did not exonerate Trump – Barr acted as judge and jury. Now Congress needs to do its job

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mueller-did-not-exonerate-trump-barr-acted-as-judge-and-jury-now-congress-needs-to-do-its-job

Politics abhors a vacuum and Attorney General Bill Barr filled it Sunday when he tried to exonerate Donald Trump using the “Mueller report” as a fig leaf.

Barr acted as judge and jury in a three page letter deeming Trump’s innocence without any evidence, explanation, or even the Mueller report itself  

First, let me start with a fact. We have not seen the Mueller report.

Let me repeat that…We have not seen the Mueller report. Not one page. Not one paragraph. Not one period. Nothing.

So, we have no idea what is in it, what Mueller did, what Mueller said, and what, if anything, Barr used from it to make his decisions.  

Speaking of decisions, if Barr is to be believed – and that’s a big if – then Mueller wrote a report that didn’t make one decision regarding any crimes he examined.

Is this possible? It is hard to believe and highly unusual, if true.

Jussie Smollett update: FBI reviewing circumstances of Jussie Smollett's charges being dropped, sources confirm.

CHICAGO -- The FBI is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of criminal charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, two law enforcement officials confirmed.

All 16 felony disorderly conduct counts against Smollett for allegedly lying to police were dropped Tuesday in exchange for community service and forfeiture of his $10,000 bond payment. A hearing Wednesday to expunge his criminal record has been delayed.

The ABC7 I-Team has obtained the CPD investigative file for the Jussie Smollett case. Click below to read the files.

[Read them if you feel like it.

"This is a whitewash of justice. A grand jury could not have been clearer," Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said about prosecutors dropping charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollet .

Emanuel appeared on Good Morning America Wednesday morning to talk about the Smollett case. The Chicago mayor said Smollett, "abused the city of Chicago" and the city, "embraced not only him as an actor, but more importantly the values of being whoever you are, whoever you love, whatever your background is you have a home here. He took that, turned it around and tried to self-promote himself. And the fact is he's walking around with no sense of contrition, no sense of remorse and the fact is also the state's attorney is saying he's actually guilty of this hoax and he's walking around saying, no, I'm innocent."

Thank you President Trump!

I paid less taxes all year,I sold stocks at a healthy profit and I got a refund!! and in just a few weeks, it showed up in my bank account!!!

Those suffering from TDS, get some help for your sickness!!

03/27/19 Description: TAX REF IRS TREAS  

18 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Not excusing Smollett but its not like the first time someone made a false report and not got to jail for it. I like the guy one bit, even before this fiasco. But if I want to be fair, the vast majority of people do not go to jail over false reports. Every day in Chicago, disgruntled girlfriends make false reports on men and nothing happens. There are tons youtube videos of people who make false reports about "someone" in their neighborhood and nothing happens to the. . The only difference in this case it was someone with some notoriety and the police put in a lot of man hours because of his notoriety.

So making a false police report on a HATE CRIME...give him a pass because others have made false reports...and this was erased from his record???

So once again, someone with some notoriety get a free pass and this is acceptable to you???

Maybe, just maybe, if people, ALL PEOPLE were held accountable, this would be reduced.

WOW...or better WTF...