Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

17 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

If the President did nothing wrong an investigation will prove it. So, why is it a problem to have one? Congress has tons of investigations. If Biden is guilty of a crime, so be it. However, there is a protocol to the aforementioned. Doesn't matter if the Bidens are guilty of something. Trump should not be personally asking a foreign leader to investigate the person he is running against in a Presidential election. How can you not understand that? If you are saying nothing is wrong with that, then Obama could easily have done the same to Trump to help Hillary. How can you NOT understand how the office can be used to stimy political opposition by personally asking a foreign leader to investigate over anything? Really.  

Democrats’ double standard on Ukraine

It got almost no attention, but in May, CNN reported that Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as “strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,” the Democratic senators declared, “We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,” before demanding Lutsenko “reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.”

So, it’s okay for Democratic senators to encourage Ukraine to investigate Trump, but it’s not okay for the president to allegedly encourage Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/24/democrats-investigation-might-do-more-hurt-biden-than-trump/

Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist. He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words to make it sound horrible, and me sound guilty. HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT. Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!

• Haha 1

Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Senate Consideration of Treaty Document 106-16

Treaty Between the United States of America and Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with Annex, signed at Kiev on July 22, 1998, and with an Exchange of Notes signed on September 30, 1999, which provides for its provisional application.

https://congress.gov/treaty-document/106th-congress/16/document-text?fbclid=IwAR2vl1ayEEGIZRQuvxtnBqTRoifLNfRwP5XBdUhdAtynBGldgJIQyyA_GaQ

8 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Democrats’ double standard on Ukraine

It got almost no attention, but in May, CNN reported that Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as “strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,” the Democratic senators declared, “We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,” before demanding Lutsenko “reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.”

So, it’s okay for Democratic senators to encourage Ukraine to investigate Trump, but it’s not okay for the president to allegedly encourage Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/24/democrats-investigation-might-do-more-hurt-biden-than-trump/

There is no way Republicans would let a blatant illegal act go. I have zero issues if this is prosecuted. If it is, and it went un investigated, it doesn't exonerate the President. 

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist. He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words to make it sound horrible, and me sound guilty. HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT. Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!

I saw a video of this actually. He wasn't quoting verbatim, he was using language explaining what the actual underlying actions, ,which is what a lot of people do in Congress and otherwise. Nothing illegal about it. We can debate its ethics but not its legality. 

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

More truth and facts... 

Lets be accurate, its his opinion and view, its veracity has to this being some Democratic/deep state, coup has to be proven. Just saying something is a coup, doesn't make it so. The Dems are way, way too incompetent for this coup to take place in my humble opinion. This guy is obviously a Trump supporter. I get it. His guy is under fire right now, but lets not call an opinion from a partisan voice, factual until its proven to be so, especially with what is being alleged. 

1 hour ago, Flashermac said:

Okay, Biden discusses his views on Russia and eastern Europe, Russia's interference into our election. Not sure what is illegal about it. Again, if any laws are broken or seem to be broken, investigate and prosecute when evidence is found.