Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

9 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

You are suffering from a Hillary obsession. Breathe deeply and get over it, she is history.

USA citizens should never get over the Clinton corruption! When the Clintons are swinging from the gallows, then we can go and piss on their graves!!!

Citizens United case is by far the worse thing to happen to American politics for decades. It legalized bribery. With the exception of the social justice Democrats  (politics aside), everyone else is beholden to some one or persons or companies, etc, including Trump (Billionaire Robert Mercer was/is a de facto puppet master in the administration). 

Some countries have publicly financed elections. We should seriously consider that. 

As for the Clintons, they are no different than any other political dynasties: Kennedy, Bush. I am no fan of either of the Clintons but they are finished as a dynastic family. Neither have anywhere close to the power they once held in the party. "hanging from the gallows" is a bit over the top though. If we are going to say they deserve death (for what I don't know), then so do the Bushes. The Bushes have been responsible for far, far more deaths globally. 

As for Trump, I won't even start. After 3 years, he's a fully known entity. For or against, everyone is married to their opinion by now. Debating his viability as President with someone who thinks opposite of whatever side you are on is useless. 

Impeachable acts is the only thing that is debatable regarding Trump. You can support him and still be for impeachment because its a matter of law not party. I supported Obama twice but still felt he did an impeachable act because NO PRESIDENT is above the law. My posts on Trump are almost purely about his acts with relation to impeachable acts and has zero bearing on what I think about him ideologically. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

What would have been Obama´s impeachable act? Just asking unpolitically.

Libya—Violation of Article 1, Section 8, the Constitutional provision specifying that Congress has the unique responsibility to declare war and prosecution of aggressive war in pursuit of regime change in Libya, an action explicitly condemned as a war crime during the Nuremberg Tribunal, in treaties signed by the United States.

COUNT TWO

Nazi Healthcare

Conspiracy to commit Crimes against Humanity by crafting and promoting healthcare ‘reform’ which he “knew or should have known” would lead to the “inadequate provision of surgical and medical services” to large sections of the population, and lead to an increase in the death rate among those considered having lives “not worthy to be lived.”

COUNT THREE

Wall Street Bailouts

President Obama lied to the American people saying that the bailout was necessary. It was not. When he came into the presidency confronting a crisis worse than the great depression, he continued the bailout policy and refused to enact the only law that would have prevented the further disintegration of the United States, the Glass-Steagall policy.

Violation of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the “due process clause,” after ordering the murder of American citizens, including Anwar Al-Awlaki, his 16 year-old son, and Samir Khan.

to name a few...

53 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

What would have been Obama´s impeachable act? Just asking unpolitically.

The same thing Trump and I think Bush has done as well. The misuse of drones. By constitutional law, every American deserves a trial. All of them have used drones knowingly murdering American citizens. These people were with terrorists and its hard to have any sympathy for them. But the ex Judicial killing of American citizens without due process is simply wrong. From a human rights view, its known that the drone strikes were going to kill women and children as well. Clearly in violation of Geneva convention rules of war. Yes, I'm a bleeding heart. My main issue is the precedent. If we can condone the ex judicial killing of Americans with drones, why can't it happen openly in America? I think it already happens with the 'Blue Lives Matter' laws and the wide berth given to cops who use force. It is very, very difficult to convict a cop of murder on the job. Even if you have a video. There are well known stories of people being shot running away unarmed, or simply unarmed, posing no visible threat and the way most jurisdictions view it, its what ever cop says he was feeling. I "felt threatened" that's it. Even if a video or witnesses say the situation shouldn't be deemed as such. 

With the drone strikes, this can make ex judicial murder of any American a government decision. I am with a criminal or suspected criminal and so that (suspected) criminal and myself can be killed without a trial. It's a dangerous precedent. 

The use of drones in this manner also sets a precedence internationally. What if China or Russia did the same for suspected criminals and an American, UK or German citizen and his family is there? If all that we (America) have done (regime change, etc) is now a precedent for other nations, the future is going to be bleak  and lawless. China doesn't have a Congress that reviews this kind of stuff. Xi or another will act on his own discretion. 

I don't like these terrorists as much as anyone and I really do fear of what could happen if they aren't stopped and there isn't enough evidence or the info is top secret if there is a trial or we run the risk of the time and money used for a trial only to have him found innocent. Bill Clinton had an opportunity to arrest bin Laden  (for acts prior to 9/11) by a foreign country and have him extradited to America but his legal staff said getting a conviction would be difficult. 

Problem is the standard is set so low now. A country could target journalists (foreign or domestic) or anyone deemed a danger politically. That rabbit hole is something we shouldn't come close to making a possibility. 

39 minutes ago, Flashermac said:

She will never stop seeking the White House until she takes her last breath. 

But will anyone else take her seriously? I doubt it.

Hillary is done and she knows it. If she thought she could be president she'd be in the race now. Their power is greatly reduced. Speaking engagements for profit and charitable work is all that's left for them other than the occasional opinion of current affairs. 

Had she won, I don't think she would have made a bad President. I say that in the context of present and prior administrations. She is a slightly right of center, centrist Democrat. Nothing too radical would be enacted in terms of left of center. Frankly, just on experience and intellect she was the best of the lot of all candidates in '16. The one big thing that would have happened (and I think would have had failed miserably was that we would have boots on the ground in Syria). But in terms of domestic policy, fairly "normal". Which would be wall street influence, etc, Not good but that's not unusual either. Wall Street banks and others have the run of the house now and would have under anyone except Sanders of all the candidates in '16.