Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

To be fair, and I really strive to be. And I've said this before., I applaud Trump for focusing on China's trade imbalance and for wanting to get out of Syria as well as other foreign entanglements or reduced exposure, etc. 

The issue is his leadership style impedes, to disastrous results as we've seen, his well intentions. The randomness of the China tariffs show that. It wasn't thought out and when so much of the nation's economy is exposed like that, it requires a team of economists, etc, to do a 'what if, if then'. Syria the same.  Knee jerk, not thought out and we end up losing our credibility in front of the world. 

Trump is working for Russia, he told Russia before he told the Dem leaders about this raid on Baghdadi.

Cavanami, are you in favour of Trump bleating to the Russians?

Trump did not give House Speaker Nancy Pelosi or Congress advance notice of the raid that killed Baghdadi. Trump, instead, informed Russia about the operation before telling congressional leadership. Trump said he knew about plans for the top-secret mission for three days, but claimed that he kept Congress in the dark because he worried they would leak the information to the public and put the lives of American forces at risk. (USA TODAY / Washington Post / ABC News / Associated Press) Dems Leak to whom? the Russians?

Trump knew the CIA and Special Operations commandos were zeroing in on the location of Baghdadi when he ordered American troops to withdraw from northern Syria earlier this month. Trump's abrupt withdrawal order disrupted the planning and forced Pentagon officials to speed up the plan for the risky night raid before their ability to control troops, spies, and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared with the pullout. (New York Times)

So many breaches of protocol. The bad precedents being set. And what's worse is seeing it excused by his own party. Men and women supposedly valuing 'american values', its complete bullshit. Everyone accounts for a certain amount of party loyalty and bullshit. But there was always a line that you respected the office and certain things are inviolate. It's gone completely out the window. Say what you will about Obama, both Bushes, even Reagan, there was a line. There was a decency and respect for the office. That's gone completely by the wayside. 

As of now, pretty much anything Biden, or whatever, is falling on deaf ears for me. Really. There is zero respect for the office, for Congress, anything. Trump gets booed by the baseball fans in part because he has no self respect for the office. You can't ask for respect when none is given or shown. 

You can't hide behind a supposed 'good economy' which is bullshit. The economy has been propped up all the post recession years up to this point. It's sad. But you get the government you deserve ultimately. Not enough Americans putting up with it. Whatever happens to America negatively is ultimately the people's fault as a collective. 

Steve, much as I'm enjoying this and I think that you are correct for the most part, I'm still hanging out for the stuff that will be made public and then result in Jail, for the Trump clan and hangers on.

I mean they've already got some in Jail and that was before the heavy facts,  started turning up in the sunlight, eyes blinking in stupidity....

Coss, you can always count on the Democrats to lose anything winnable. Hillary, case in point. Unfortunately, Trump's biggest advantage in all this is that its run by establishment Democrats who overthink and under perform. 

It does seem they have him dead to rights. Unfortunately its possible the Democrats will get in their own way. Such as Pelosi wanting to keep the impeachment narrow in scope. Nixon and Clinton's impeachment hearings weren't narrow. They went off on tangents that resulted in Nixon's tax evasion and other articles fairly unrelated to Bill getting sucked off. 

This helps Trump immensely. Even though what we already know should be enough. 

• Haha 1