Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Normally, there is no reason for AOC to get this much attention. She's a freshman House of Representative member. The reason the right is so triggered by her is unmitigated fear. AOC won an election over arguably the 2nd most powerful Democrat in the Congress. The establishment Dems like Pelosi fear her because she can't be bought and her views are populist and will possibly/probably be the future of the party. 

The Republicans see someone who represents the future as well. There were/are other politicians that have her politics but are relatively unknown and ignored. So why AOC? She has a few million twitter followers. The fear is real. Demonizing her is the current tactic. It's failing. She is a female, latina, attractive, honest, impeachable and smart. Those characteristics are very, very dangerous to the status quo. The Republicans see a future Presidential candidate that can appeal to a large swaths of their base. 

• Haha 1

Regard LTC Vindaman's testimony before the House, here is a comment from a retired military friend. Since he spent twenty more years in uniform than I did, I expect he knows much more about the military than I do:

"Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman said, 'I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen,' However, this is in direct contradiction to reality. The United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) is the only legally binding international anti-corruption multilateral treaty. Negotiated by member states of the United Nations (UN), it was adopted by the UN General Assembly in October 2003 and entered into force in December 2005. Also, Biden and his son were under investigation before Trump announced he was running for President. Therefore, Trump committed ZERO Campaign Law violations."

https://www.unodc.org/documents/brussels/UN_Convention_Against_Corruption.pdf

So wudya think?

I think Trump is an entirely honest person on the warpath against corruption. He did even install his privately paid  lawyer Giuliani to fight the evil forces in Eastern Europe which he is so deeply worried about.

Mr flash, the 20 years plus in the military of your friend seem to have been a burdon on his mental capability. Without bringing up the whole procedure again: what did the UNO find out about any Biden crimes? It probably needs 20 years plus in military to regard the smeary Trump activities into UNO convention, this is laughable.

3 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Regard LTC Vindaman's testimony before the House, here is a comment from a retired military friend. Since he spent twenty more years in uniform than I did, I expect he knows much more about the military than I do:

"Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman said, 'I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen,' However, this is in direct contradiction to reality. The United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) is the only legally binding international anti-corruption multilateral treaty. Negotiated by member states of the United Nations (UN), it was adopted by the UN General Assembly in October 2003 and entered into force in December 2005. Also, Biden and his son were under investigation before Trump announced he was running for President. Therefore, Trump committed ZERO Campaign Law violations."

https://www.unodc.org/documents/brussels/UN_Convention_Against_Corruption.pdf

So wudya think?

A few things. Trump held up money, he was not legally allowed to do (it was authorized by Congress) to basically extort Ukraine. The context of the call, covering up the phone call moving it to the server, etc, I think negates that comment. There is a process for investigating the Bidens. Obama didn't call up Putin to ask him specific questions about them interferring in the electtion etc. He let the process happen. Trump used his own private attorney in the process. 

This stinks. Trump evaded the legal and agreed upon process and the fact it was a direct political rival makes it stink to high heaven if we are using the subjective 'sniff test'. Had Obama done anything like this, this guy would not have reacted like that. 

Also, the call was reported internally in the administration, by Trump's own party before a Democrat even saw it. It was of enough concern to LEGAL experts on such things within the administration to okay it to ultimately go to Congress. 

Impeachment is a political process and this act Trump is certainly well within that scope. 

I personally don't see any nuanced view about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CS

Keep drinking the kool aid. Keep the narrative going in your mind only. President Trump is the person the USA needs now. Get over it, he is still your president.

‘Walk of Shame’: Banks Beg The Fed For Money & May All Fall in Domino Effect

Turmoil in repo markets has banks scrambling

RT’s Max Keiser sat down with publisher David Morgan to discuss the turmoil in the repo markets, which are already flashing red sirens, and how banks that are desperate for cash may come to insolvency one by one.

Cav, where's the f'n wall? of the tiny existing bit, they've repaired, it seem that a reciprocating saw from the hardware store, will cut through it easily and people can then just walk on through, see https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/117129102/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-sections-of-donald-trumps-border-wall

Mr Cavanami, since you now seem to regard Russia TV as your source of choice I just want to make sure you know that RT is a Russian propaganda station against which even FOX is a light in the darkness. How is it possible to mentally survive in such a world of utter bullshit like your judicial watch, black patriot and now even RT. Breathe deeply and try to find some orientation; no need to start adoring Hillary, but I invite you to rejoin the community of reasonable members within the population. Or do you drink?