Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

In non political news, congrats to the Nats. No, not for booing the President...lol...for winning the misnamed World Series as my soccer friends in England like to remind me. "Its not a world series if you lot are the only ones playing, Steve"  okay...okay. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cavanami said:

CS

Keep drinking the kool aid. Keep the narrative going in your mind only. President Trump is the person the USA needs now. Get over it, he is still your president.

With all due respect Cav, it appears you are so married to support of Trump there is no objectivity at all. I get it. I have friends on both sides of the ideological divide who won't budge one inch about their candidate or party. 

I'm sure we can have some semblance of fun debating sports teams, etc, but not with Trump. It's pointless. I've never read one critique yet. That may be because of the amount of opposition on here. That maybe conceding one thing is a bridge too far to counter the voices that are so critical. His faults are excused "...all politicians lie..."  There was never a good word said about Obama and he did some good things. 

All presidents good or bad have done something good, Trump himself, even if the execution doesn't come off such as addressing the trade imbalance with China and wanting to exit out of Syria. Nixon is never given credit for the progressive acts (OSHA that legislated work place safety, Endangered Species Act and others). 

So, I won't be engaging in what would be mindless because I don't think there is any room in there for acknowledging certain facts. 

The thing about Trumpanzees is that stupid people, don't know they are stupid, they can get through the education system and perform well in life, because society needs it's drones, but in general, they lack the foresight and depth of field, to know that they are relics, and fan boys for post WWII America. America and the world has moved on.

What the Trumpanzees can't and won't see, is that the aggregation of wealth and power has reached the logical outcome of any progression. Too few with wealth and power, too many with nothing. This isn't a class or race or religious or ideological  thing, it's an economic thing and the people of the largest (for now) economy are just coming to feel the effects of disparate wealth.

As I've said before, you've got to treat your peasants well, if you want them to be hard working happy peasants. If you don't they'll revolt, and the Trumpanzees are the latest of the revolting...

My main issue is just discussing/debating Trump honestly without as much bias as one can muster. A good faith effort. i know someone who voted for him purely for financial reasons at the time (as did many voters in Wisconsin and other states who voted for Obama). 

There are people who trade who like Trump purely because they make money off him. I've made money off him. As I did under Obama. Obama was predictable. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see that the market and economy was propped up and all you basically had to do was bet on the stock market going up. Under Trump the market is far, far more unstable but that said the market will fall at some point every few months and one can make money on those sharp falls if they hedge the market with enough room. The stock markets have hit all time highs recently based on interest rates being cut by the Fed (that of itself is a sign this supposedly booming economy isn't so, you raise interest rates if an economy is rising too fast). 

Anyway, the point is you can be critical or concede negatives of the person you back and still like him overall. However, there are some people who have so many negatives that the few positives don't come close to justifying support. Bush was one. Trump, even moreso. He's not Hitler but to make a wildly exaggerated analogy, if someone did the same about Hitler in the 1930s (back without reservation) you wouldn't even bother debating. 

I am 100% sure, Trump will not be remembered kindly in history. If one could bring back posts of total support for Bush, I'd like to hear the reasons after the fact. Same with Trump.

CS...you got it wrong again! I'm not in love with President Trump but he is the person to get the job done!!

What person can get the swamp drained? can get the USA out of the never ending wars? unfair trade deals? etc etc

Your hatred of President Trump has clouded your reasoning and view.

Rand Paul, AOC and the squad, among the ones who are not beholden to anyone. The swamp can not be drained by an habitual liar with morals. The aforementioned have completely different politics but are all honest. I'd rather an honest person I disagree with over a morally corrupt person even I agree with their basic ideology. 

• Like 1