Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I understand what he's saying but it comes off wrong in some respects. See, I can critique Obama. This comment was not received well by young progressives. I've seen a fair amount of clap back. The reason is because they are opposing Trump and the mindset and therefore feel unlike other times there needs to be a stronger resistance. I have a friend, 24, lives in Austria, American and his first vote was for Obama and he feels a little let down by him. 

The GOP are masters of deflection. Thankfully, the Dems are too dumb to be good at it. They are bad at politics. Sadly, its entertainment (Steve Colbert and others) who do their job for them. The mainstream Dems that is. The left side of the party AOC, Sanders, do a good job and that is why they are succeeding. AOC is attacked viciously. A freshman congressman. Never seen it before. And the reason is because the GOP (as well as Pelosi) see in her and the 'squad' passion and integrity. They can't be bought and that makes them dangerous. The right doesn't have such people. They all rely on big monied people or corporations as well as the establishment Dems. You may not agree with AOC and her politics but she is genuine and unpaid for and that is attractive. 

Anyway, the pic speaks for itself. This is not to exonerate the Bidens if there is anything there, by all means, expose it, I have no horse in that race. The hypocrisy is telling though. 

trumpjobs.jpg

Forbes is run by a Republican. One of the biggest lies is the unemployment rate. The so called unemployment rate has been on a downward trend for years now and as the article shows is just a continuation of the downtrend under Obama. The hypocrisy is that Trump (rightfully) critiqued the actual numbers under Obama during the campaign and then took credit and accepted the numbers once he was in. Trump and Republicans know the average American doesn't know or to a certain extent understand the economics. The fact of the matter is Americans are grossly under employed. The so called low unemployment rate that is touted is basically because Americans are taking 2nd jobs to survive. If a person works as a teacher during the day and then takes on a part time job at a call center, its listed as 2 separate jobs statistically. Houses have gotten so expensive that people have to rent. Because more and more people have to rent, there is a big demand and so an apartment that cost $1,000 a month in 2009 now costs $1,600 or higher now. And with wages stagnant, that person who was struggling to meet a $1,000 rent now has to take on a roommate or get a second job if its one bedroom. That's the economy. My old job doesn't exist anymore. College kids no longer have that recent college entry corporate job any more. The recent college grads are working as assistant managers at Enterprise car rental, or at FedEx and driving Uber after those jobs. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/