Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Alan Dershowitz: Democrats Making Up Crimes Just Like KGB Did

Liberal Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz says that after the Democrats’ “collusion” accusation collapsed, they are still attempting to “create crimes out of nothing” in a way reminiscent of the old KGB in the Soviet Union.

“They’re very scary. They’re very frightening to any civil libertarian,” Dershowitz said Sunday on John Catsimatidis’ “CATS Roundtable” radio show. “Whether you’re a Democrat or Republican; whether you come from New York or the middle of the country, you should be frightened by efforts to try to create crimes out of nothing.”

Regarding Democrats’ impeachment investigation over the President’s alleged quid pro quo policy with Ukraine, Dershowitz said he has searched the law and transcript “from beginning to end — I couldn’t find the crime.”

“It reminds me of Lavrentiy Beria, head of the KGB, said to Stalin,” Dershowitz said. “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.’ Which he really meant, I’ll make up the crime.

Beria was the head of secret police organization NKVD, which was the predecessor to the KGB.

“And so the Democrats are now making up crimes,” Dershowitz continued. “First they made up collusion. ‘Ahh! Collusion. It’s a crime!’ I searched the statute books. There’s no crime of collusion except when businessmen get together to collude against the anti-trust laws, but no crime of collusion with a foreign country.”

Dershowitz added, “Then after that, they said ‘obstruction of Congress.’ No, no, no, no, no. Obstruction of justice is a crime; obstruction of Congress is part of our system of checks and balances.”

The Harvard law professor also defended White House acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney’s refusal to testify.

“If you get a subpoena from Congress, and you’re the president or in the executive department, and you think you have an executive privilege, you have an obligation not to respond,” he said. “That’s not ‘obstruction of Congress,’ that’s checks and balances under our Constitution.”

Dershowitz said America is witnessing “a desperate effort to try to find crimes against President Trump: they’re just making it up.”

“And that means we are all in danger,” he added.

He’s not wrong. As Democrats continue to accuse Donald Trump of being in cahoots with Russia, it is actually their party who are behaving like the KGB.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/alan-dershowitz-democrats-making-up-crimes-just-like-kgb-did/?fbclid=IwAR0YdXIDkVU0M8qQeY5-R92U7TZJ6LUqf7CZrXfcQU8oNrGV52wZAVcKqzA

Hillary Clinton 'under enormous pressure' to run in 2020

Hillary Clinton has said she is "under enormous pressure" to challenge US President Donald Trump in next year's White House election.

The former Democratic presidential nominee refused to rule it out, telling the BBC: "Never say never."

Mrs Clinton, 72, said she thinks "all the time" about what kind of president she would have been if she had beaten Mr Trump in 2016.

Seventeen Democrats are already vying to lead the party in 2020.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live's Emma Barnett while in the UK on a book tour, Mrs Clinton was asked whether she would run again.

The former secretary of state, New York senator and US first lady replied: "I think all the time about what kind of president I would have been and what I would have done differently and what I think it would have meant to our country and the world.

"So of course I think about it, I think about it all the time. Being able to do that, and look, whoever wins next time is going to have a big task trying to fix everything that's been broken."

Pressed on whether she would throw her hat into the ring at the last minute, Mrs Clinton said: "I, as I say, never, never, never say never.

"I will certainly tell you, I'm under enormous pressure from many, many, many people to think about it.   🤣

"But as of this moment, sitting here in this studio talking to you, that is absolutely not in my plans."

Mrs Clinton did not elaborate on who was pressuring her to mount what would be her third White House campaign.  :clown:

The interview in London came as she promoted The Book of Nutsy Women, which she has co-written with her daughter, Chelsea Clinton.

The Democratic race is still largely up in the air even as the first of the state-by-state votes that will decide which of the contenders challenges Mr Trump looms in Iowa in February.

The perceived vulnerability of one front-runner, Joe Biden, has spurred former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to take steps to enter the fray.

Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, a close ally of former President Barack Obama, is also reportedly considering jumping into the race.

But the deadline has already passed to file on the Democratic primary ballot in several states, including New Hampshire, which also votes in February.

The filing deadline for Alabama expired last week, and the deadline for Mrs Clinton's former political heartland of Arkansas was on Tuesday.

Some of the 14 states that will vote on so-called Super Tuesday in March have filing deadlines next month.

Political gossip about whether Mrs Clinton might jump into the White House race continues to set tongues wagging in Washington DC.

Some of this speculation has been stoked by the Clintons themselves.   :medusa:

Last month when Mr Trump goaded Mrs Clinton to enter the presidential race, she retorted in a tweet: "Don't tempt me. Do your job."

At a Georgetown University event in Washington DC in October, former President Bill Clinton said of his wife, who was sitting beside him: "She may or may not ever run for anything."   :spin:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50399230?fbclid=IwAR1rEEzIitdTgVnsQeBIDgeLFOag6bB2pghgfg0w5RwkJU781e5VI1juc8Q

There are gay rumors whispered about Graham and Cory Booker. Both single senators, very unusual as Senators go. Politically, those with presidential aspirations or even lower and plan to spend a career as a politician get married fairly early. 

At least Booker has been linked to a woman (actress Rosario Dawson). I can't recall Graham being linked to any woman at all. 

10 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

There are gay rumors whispered about Graham and Cory Booker. Both single senators, very unusual as Senators go. Politically, those with presidential aspirations or even lower and plan to spend a career as a politician get married fairly early. 

At least Booker has been linked to a woman (actress Rosario Dawson). I can't recall Graham being linked to any woman at all. 

Up tomorrow them if are gay. Nothing there, move along. 

Rosario Dawson, Shaaaa wing!!! 

I don't know if one can call Dershowitz a 'liberal' any longer. He's spent months trying to get a job in the administration (my guess is to replace Rudy, which is a de facto WH job) by backing Trump on Fox News. He's been backing Trump for months now, not just on impeachment but other things such as the notable areas of the Mueller report. It's his right, but lets be honest about his probably intentions. 

Dershowitz has been ostracized by New York dinner party set in Martha's Vineyard as well as his fellow rich/famous metro NY Jews. The following article was over a year ago. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/alan-dershowitz-marthas-vineyard.html

38 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I don't know if one can call Dershowitz a 'liberal' any longer. He's spent months trying to get a job in the administration (my guess is to replace Rudy, which is a de facto WH job) by backing Trump on Fox News. He's been backing Trump for months now, not just on impeachment but other things such as the notable areas of the Mueller report. It's his right, but lets be honest about his probably intentions. 

Dershowitz has been ostracized by New York dinner party set in Martha's Vineyard as well as his fellow rich/famous metro NY Jews. The following article was over a year ago. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/alan-dershowitz-marthas-vineyard.html

Crap, NY Times wants me to pay to read it. No way, since I'm just curious.