Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The Donald seems to have been taken to hospital. Best wishes of the whole Thai360 board lead by Commander Cavanami! I did already mention before that the President made a very poor impression on me when I watched the press conference with Erdogan from Turkey. He was partially absent and probably wished he was on his presidential sofa.

I'm going to throw Trump a bone. I think whether or not the public supports impeachment shouldn't matter one iota. I know its a political process wrapped around legality. If I were in Congress I would hope I would vote purely on my view of whether Trump violated the impeachment clause and based on my conscious and morals and not party. I completely disagree with Democrats who use polls to justify that they are doing the right thing to a public that 99% have no idea what's in the constitution in the first place. 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/70-americans-trump-actions-tied-ukraine-were-wrong-110154820--abc-news-topstories.html

70% of Americans say Trump’s actions tied to Ukraine were wrong: POLL

6 hours ago, Flashermac said:

"Trump stumping for his opponent likely helped him get a big Black turnout."

I hadn't thought of that. Good point. Actually, Trump is hardly loved by the Republicans, especially since he wasn't one of them until he realised he could never get the Dem nomination. Since he is still surprisingly popular, they will have to support him. If he is not the candidate in 2020, who have they got who could have a real chance against the Dem candidate, unless it's a real fruit loop?

Reagan was loved by Republicans and Senators would have voted against impeachment had Iran / Contra moved forward based on their love for Reagan. Trump is feared by Republicans. The vast majority of Republicans who vote to convict would be doing so out of fear. 

Your Right Hon Analyticness, what insight could you give into,  Resignation followed by multiple terms of imprisonment, in an orange onesie to match the tan, due to the myriad of current and pending court cases, not to mention those, that will germinate after various withheld documents are provided?

This just gets better and better - I'm gonna have to buy more popcorn...

In a pair of tweets, Trump says he will "strongly consider" an offer by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to testify before the House impeachment panel.

Trump tweeted: "She also said I could do it in writing. Even though I did nothing wrong, and don't like giving credibility to this No Due Process Hoax, I like the idea & will, in order to get Congress focused again, strongly consider it!"

Pelosi told CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday that Trump could come before the committee and "speak all the truth that he wants."  ...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/donald-trumps-america/117520210/trump-suggests-he-may-give-written-testimony-in-house-probe

so again, the comment No Due Process is a Hoax, means he is saying it is correct Due Process.

3 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Nixon had to resign because the US public opinion went against him and he consequently  lost support of his troops. The current campaign obviously is heading for the same result, an impeachment shall not happen.

A statement of BuBi Analytics

You are right about Nixon. I think the big difference is Trump's core base, which I'd put at least a third of voters, simply don't care. It doesn't matter what evidence they have, no matter how compelling They will still support him because different dynamics are at play than what Nixon faced.

My proof is that had any other Republican president, including Reagan who the GOP has deemed godhood unto had done even half of what Trump has done and said, the Republican party and people would have abandoned him months ago. Same if Obama had done the same.  

And of course, we're only tangentially, considering  the number of Russians, in and around, all things GOP...  How many piss tapes I wonder?

They even convicted Maria Butina as a spy.

and here she is with Donald Jr

Butina-Donald-Jr.jpg.0a59dd1a91fe6b1e1286e985ca3519ff.jpg

And with Wayne LaPierre the NRA boss

Butina-Wayne-LaPierre-NRA.jpg.af3e4e00f66b2918626f8721c8da509e.jpg

And Oh Dear! in the oval office!

Butina-Oval-Office.jpg.4213f874fb1245ec786ef7314e478b32.jpg

Fuckedy fuckedy fuckedy eh Cav?