Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Hey Coss, at the end of the day, the Russians must be loving it. With regards to Trump's actions and the administration's actions (delaying the money, all of it) the surprise is the lengths that Republicans in the Congress and Trump supporting pundits on Fox and as guests on other shows are trying to defend it, deflect, etc. 

Several people, many independent of each other, all impeachable characters, saying the same thing. The redacted transcript is damning, Barr himself admitting to quid pro quo. The fascinating thing is just the straight up lies and deflection. It's the insult to ones own intelligence that is for lack of a better word: insulting. The 30 percent thinking Trump did nothing wrong seems about right for his hard core base. He gets around 45 percent or so support but I'd say 10 percent of that give or take some percentage points are out of party loyalty or other reasons. The 30 percent are the ones that would find him innocent of actually shooting someone like in that clip and 30 percent is a percentage that scares the living shit out of me.  That's almost 3 out of 10 voters that have zero consideration for the law, constitution, the country, etc. If any other politician had that kind of support, even the ones I like, I'd be scared. The Nazis only got 33 percent of the vote when Hitler won. 

3 hours ago, Coss said:

EJyF8K1VAAASwBz.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.50406c4f7052975d6323b9294f9e7b06.jpeg

This reflects something that has always struck me as most bizarre.

An enlisted soldier's oath:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

And now a commissioned soldier's oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Commisioned officers do not have to obey the orders of the President and their superior officers! WTF

Note that the President told Vindman not to testify.