Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Here y'go Cav:

Sondland on the specific nature of the quid pro quo between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Sondland said this:

"He had to announce the investigations. He didn't actually have to do them, as I understood it."

Which, to be clear, means that in order for Zelensky to get the White House meeting he so coveted, he needed to simply announce that Ukraine was looking into Joe and Hunter Biden -- despite there being no evidence of wrongdoing by either of them -- as well as the whereabouts of the hacked Democratic National Committee server.

Not conduct the investigation. Not prosecute anyone. Just announce it.

Coss, frankly, Americans should be utterly embarrassed and it makes America look like a Banana Republic politically. Any casual observer abroad will see that he's guilty as sin. And they seeing the defense of obvious violation of the law will not help America's reputation any. You add on the fiasco of how we left allies stranded in Syria, as well as leaving both the Iran and climate change agreements and we are at a low point in stature. 

I'm not saying the Republicans have to vocally attack Trump, but the GOP Senate leader should really be having secret caucuses with the members about how to come out of this thing with the some dignity and do what Goldwater and senior Senators did to Nixon and go to him and say he will be voted out and work on an exit strategy that will be for not only the good of the party but the nation. 

They will be respected. Furthermore, they can regroup and market themselves as being able to clean out their own house and can be trusted again with the stewardship of running the country in future elections. But they have had an ethical and moral bypass it seems. 

They should be looking at the Nixon impeachment hearings and see that there is a road back. They lost the next election (1976) but came back strong only 4 years later and stayed in power for 12 years (1980 - 1992). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Yes I've seen Malcom Nance on the tv and he makes a lot of sense.

And to develop the themes, Trump is not just Putin's puppet, but if Putin can get America to remove troops and influence from certain areas of the world, then Putin can have them. Look what happened in Syria.

Putin tells Erdogan tells Trump, to remove the Americans from Syria and then Turkey and Russia are in there before the dust has settled, taking over an American base what's more. Putin say thank you.

If this Ukraine thing goes the way Putin wants, he gets Ukraine back or parts of it anyway, already got Crimea and another bit  whose name escapes me.

Piss tape? I'm thinking Deutsche Bank, Pisstape, Epsien and who knows what tax avoidance and scams.

You get what you voted for, in this case, a scheming, lying, cheating, Grifter, in deep, deep, deep, with the Russians. 

Hey Coss, remember when Trump insisted on speaking with Putin alone, no one else? I can't recall if his wife was with him or not but my guess is if his wife was there he wanted Putin to refute the piss tape story. Trump stands to lose a lot of his wife divorces him now. I'm sure she signed a pre nup but she has his son and the courts will award a huge amount for child support and his finances could be come out in court. 

He's not that rich. He's leveraged to the hilt and the banks you mentioned have him in his pocket. Don't think for one minute the Republican party hasn't thought about all this. They have and for now they are in power and have decided to choose (perceived power) over the country. This all seems so surreal. 

But as I said, this administration and the whole circus has exposed a lot of things. In the end, the far left will win. Why? The economy will crash under its whole weight and the GOP will be blamed as it was in 2008 and it will be so bad, they won't recover similar to the Great Depression. The Republicans owed the 1920s and the elite made all the money. The country had very poor regions still despite the supposed 'Roaring 20s'. The economy crashed and the Democrats had a 20 year run in the white house and pushed through the most progressive legislation ever up to that point and I am predicting something similar. 

If you look at America economically there really has only been one successful Republican stint in the White House the last 100 years and by successful I mean it didn't end in recession or a crash and that was Eistenhower. Hoover, a Republican ended in a crash. Nixon took over in '68 and Republicans were in the big house till 1976 and although the Vietnam war costs can be blamed for the economy in part as well as the oil embargo in '73, the President takes the credit or blame and by the end of Ford's stort stint, America had a stagnant economy. Reagan is lauded but his presidency ended with the biggest market drop in history percentage wise, the 1987 crash, 25% in one day and we ended up being a net debtor nation by the end of his term and a recession from those days under Bush. The younger Bush as we all know ended up in the Great Recession. We have not had success with Republicans in the White House despite their self aggrandizing about knowing economics better. 

I'm not saying the Dems are great either but if we are to judge both on results, the Dems fare much better. I say that as a person who worked in finance and studied financial history. As Ben Shapiro, the far right commentator likes to say 'The facts don't care about your feelings'. 

Eventually, conservatives may be judged by whether or not they supported Trump. Just like a notable Germans in the 30s and 40s are judged by their support of Hitler. 

• Haha 1