Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

You gotta love the waffling...lol. At the end he basically dismissed American intel agencies findings in order to support Trump who believes Alex Jones more than the country's own investigative and intel agencies. Amazing and scary at the same time. The most powerful nation (so far...China is next) is run like this. 

Furthermore. Trump runs the actual agencies. If he can't get the info out of his own people, what good is he? Really. If there is some so called 'deep state' and you are President and your party runs half the Congress and the judicial branch and you can't get to this 'deep state', then its so powerful that even if you are President you can't dismantle it  and/or  you are either incompetent to do it and therefore not deserving of my vote or this deep state thing is bullshit and part of someone's imagination. Which one is it?

15 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

And for three years nobody bothered to check on him? 

"Stevens allegedly reported White missing to multiple police departments and even considered trying to hire a private investigator but didn’t have enough money to do so. "

. :(

This guy resignation is part of a larger story about a Navy seal who essentially committed murders. Non military sanctioned killings. He was convicted, Trump pardoned him and wanted him reinstated fully. It's Trump's right. Let's get that out of the way. He is the Commander in Chief. What it essentially boils down to is Trump rewarding ex judicial murder if you look at the facts of the case. The Navy Seal in question killed kids, a militant who was in hospital, and others wantonly where even his own comrades in his unit all agreed he has to be removed.  The whole branch of the Navy supported this guy being out. Now there are times when the President can counter what the top brass says and it may be a good thing. A couple examples are gays being able to serve without being punished. Some may disagree but I agree with it. A more clearer one would be when Truman went against the military to integrate it and not have segregated barracks. It ruined him politically to some extent. Most bases are in the south and midwest. However, this isn't one of them. Trump will be remembered badly for this. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rule-law-sets-us-apart-123034259.html

The pot thickens. Nunes, the Republicans main bulldog in the hearings himself is involved in the case now. He needs to recuse himself but won't. Astonishing, he is investigating something he is involved in..crazy. The fact that Guiliani is involved in the matter, being the President's personal matter, is more than enough to impeach and convict. 

I truly believe, that even if there is irrefutable evidence, recordings etc. that Trump is involved, there will still be enough Republicans voting not to convict. 

the big question is if people are facing jail time, will they then turn on Trump? I do think that Trump will get word to them that he will pardon them on the way out. I've never agreed with the Presidential pardons as written in the constitution. I was aghast when Clinton pardoned Marc Rich, I think I disagreed with one or two of Obama's as well. 

My solution? The new Congress can overturn any pardon with 3/4 of the House and 2/3 of the Senate. I think it should be very difficult to do and that number of Congresspersons would be above party as a party would need as super majority in both houses to reverse an opposite party pardon. Very unlikely.