Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Trump´s disrespect for the military would for example be shown be  pardoning and giving back his rank to an individual who murders civilians for his pleasure. Maybe in the Trump-culture this counts as a great event because they were no "whites " but brown or something . His move has been widely critizised by the military.

24 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

It takes a special kind of person to see no problem with small children being taken away from their parents as a form of deterrence. Talking about Melania possibly being a whore is a wrong but small children in cages isn't? Okay, got it. 

So what is your solution? you do all this criticizing but offer zero solutions! OK, got it...orange man bad...

I worked with a Japanese-American that was put in a camp. His parents lost everything. The reparations  paid were next to nothing. My fellow workmate was somewhere out in the desert and he said he would have been better off in the detention centers, cages as you wrongly call them, but we got it, everything orange man does is bad...

No Americans who support him and white nationalist Stephen Miller who suggested are bad. Putting people, but even more inhumane and cruel, kids in cages is off the table period and just having to say that means there is no further discussion about it. If I have to debate plain and blatant inhumanity, there is no point. Let's move on. 

7 hours ago, cavanami said:

So what is your solution? you do all this criticizing but offer zero solutions! OK, got it...orange man bad...

Correct, orange man bad... And 'all you do is criticizing'  - Cav you may not have noticed, STEVE IS NOT THE POTUS, so Steve can't do this, the POTUS can. And what the POTUS does is put children in cages.  

To Pre-empt your next comment, - POTUS is not as bad as Stalin.

7 hours ago, cavanami said:

I worked with a Japanese-American that was put in a camp. His parents lost everything. The reparations  paid were next to nothing. My fellow workmate was somewhere out in the desert and he said he would have been better off in the detention centers, cages as you wrongly call them, but we got it, everything orange man does is bad...

So putting people in cages/camps is Bad - we agree - and you keep saying everything orange man does is bad... I have to agree with you

The senior command (and most of the officers) in the military are Republicans. By tradition, the generals and admirals appear as ideologically neutral in public, for obvious reasons but they are all Republicans by how they vote and who they are from what we know. It's an unsaid, unspoken truism. Almost to a person, whenever a former General goes into the political theater he does so as a Republican: Eisenhower, Colonel North (Iran / Contra), General Haig (Reagan administration) Colin Powell, General Kelly and others in Trump administration. 

However, this is the first time I've seen in my lifetime where the military high command is probably uniformly against Trump. They are still Republicans but I would be surprised if they have not thought privately or conferred with each other and confidantes of their concern and probably outrage against Trump. 

Of course the 'go to' reaction will be that they are 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-intervention-seal-case-tests-165534632.html

Coss, here is something neither the Republicans or Democrats will talk about. The migrant issue from Central America is a result of U.S. interference into the politics there. Its a circular situation. We ingratiate ourselves negatively into the politics by backing strongmen who abuse the people. Said people migrate to safety to the U.S. because Mexico is not an option. We politicize said migration as an invasion (actually Trump/Republicans do) And we blame the victims of the situation we helped create.