Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

On 12/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, chocolat steve said:

Did history approve of what FDR did? In fact, we paid reparations to some of them. 

My neighbour in the 1960s was one of those held in a concentration camp. His mother told us that she and her husband owned an Asian antiques shop in Los Angeles, with a fortune tied up in their stock. They were given just 3 days to sell their home for whatever they could, while their shop was seized and ransacked. Finally, decades later, the US government paid them $20,000 for their losses, which didn't even  begin to cover it.  To add insult to injury, IRS considered it as "income" and they had to pay taxes on it. FDR was solely behind the imprisonments, issuing an executive order to arrest all Japanese Americans. Strange that no one accuses FDR of racism.  (German and Italian citizens were arrested, but not German Americans and Italian Americans.)

What few Americans know even today is that FDR pressured other countries in the region to arrest their Japanese ancestry citizens. The Central American countries did so, sending those arrested to camps in the USA. And those folks never got a penny in compensation for their losses.

“Separation from parents is the most traumatic thing a child can experience,” says Satsuki Ina, a professor emeritus of California State University-Sacramento who is now a psychotherapist based in Oakland, California. “Every day they are altering the neurology of the child.”

Ina was born in an internment camp. Hers was among the families unwillingly torn apart: her father was arrested for protesting conditions at a camp and sent with other protestors to an all-male detention center run by the US Department of Justice, she says. Ina has been visiting family detention centers along the US side of the US-Mexico border and speaking out against the detainment of children there for several years now.

https://qz.com/1311736/japanese-american-internment-camps-taught-us-what-happens-to-the-health-of-separated-families/

Wrong is wrong, no matter which party does it.

https://www.kqed.org/news/10482521/a-photographers-quest-japanese-american-internment-then-and-now

Mitsuo "Mits" Mori gazes at a photograph shot by Carl Mydans at the Tule Lake Segregation Center. It ran in the February 1944 issue of Life Magazine. It's next to one taken by Kitagaki in 2012.

"There I'm in the barbershop getting a haircut," Mori says. "But here I am with no hair anymore."

He was 9 -- a San Francisco kid whose parents were forced to sell their South of Market dry-cleaning business for $450 when they were hauled off to an internment camp. He's 80 now, a retired architect who lives near San Francisco State. He still remembers when he and his family arrived at Tule Lake.

"When they walked into that room, it was just bare nothing," Mori says. "A mattress and a cot bed and a potbelly stove. And that was it -- that's all they had. My father, my mom, myself, my sister and my uncle lived in that space for two years."

lange-of-yahiro-1440x1162.jpg

And from the "Trump never fails to deny the truth and thereto provide amusement to thinking people" file ::

On Tuesday, Mr Trump was pressed about his views on Britain's Prince Andrew stepping down from his royal duties amid backlash over his association with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

"I don't know him, no," Mr Trump said, shaking his head, at a press conference on the sidelines of the NATO summit in London.

"I don't know Prince Andrew, but it's a tough story, it's a very tough story."

portrait-of-from-left-american-real-esta

president-donald-trump-and-first-lady-me

5de64fe479d75736d14d5063?width=1100&form

i-dont-know-prince-andrew-trump-partied-

1083.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

TrumpAndrewEpstein2.jpg?w=525

191203-trump-nato-appearances.jpg?qualit

6 hours ago, Flashermac said:

The Democrats have made their report. The President deserves to be impeached for placing his own interest ahead of those of the Democrats!  It was released by a vote of 13 Dems for and 9 GOP against. Nothing partisan in it at all.

What is abnormal about Representatives voting along party lines in impeachment hearings? You may have a few here and there defect but it's always been along party lines. Only a handful of Dems went along with Newt Gingrich in the Clinton impeachment and the trial went almost along party lines. The judiciary committee for Nixon voted totally along party lines for impeachment to get to a full house vote. 

The fact of the matter is there is a laundry list of things to impeach Trump over, just like with Nixon and today Trump's best friend in all this is Pelosi. I would love to hear with a straight face had it been a Dem doing the same exact things as Trump there wouldn't be an impeachment. It would have happened his first year. 

So Trump spends 3 years saying bad things about the NATO alliance and then criticizes Marcon for saying a bad thing (in his mind) about NATO? The rest of the world knows what about 55 percent of the American voting public does. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/27/john_brennan_i_think_world_leaders_realize_trump_is_out_of_his_depth_somewhat_delusional.html

Some may claim its partisan politics but as 'dumb' as Bush was said to be, Obama didn't get that impression when he was handed the reigns to Bush when he came to the White House to meet after the election. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/obama-claimed-trump-‘knows-absolutely-nothing’-after-2016-white-house-meeting-report-99997

We have devolved as a nation The economy sucks. The so called lowest employment rate is a smoke and mirror. Granted, I do try to be fair. Trump inherited an economy that looked good on inflated/corrupt stats that masked over reality. Those stats were toyed with a couple decades ago. Despite consecutive months and years of economic expansion and record stock market highs each year and falling unemployment  under Obama, the daily life of Americans didn't see and feel what they were hearing out of White House briefing rooms and Trump got in by simply saying the 'books are cooked' and he would do something about it. Several hundred thousand 2 time Obama voters in Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan voted against Hillary because it was more of the same. They were desperate. I get that. 

However, as soon as he came into power, Trump used the same numbers. The daily life of the average American sucks. The books are still cooked. .Trump claims the poverty rate has dropped. Total bullshit. He's kicked hundreds of thousands off aid and they get counted now as employed by how the government rigged the numbers (pre Trump to be fair). Most Americans don't have 400 dollars for an emergency. The stock market hit a record high last week and I am still reading investment gurus saying a crash will happen. The stock market is not even close to being a good indicator of the economy. The stock market was near record highs before the 1929 crash and was fairly high before the 2008 great recession. 

Trump may in fact win re-election as incredible as that may sound, in part by the Democratic machine's mission to back centrist corporatists. The non Fox News media still speaks about Sanders and Warren in less than glowing ways, over emphasizing setbacks and lowering the impact of their wins. Trump wins (and this will happen under a Dem) and the economy crashes, I think we won't see another Republican in the White House for at least 3 election cycles (12 years) similar to the post 1929 crash years. The next crash is gong to be very, very nasty and may be a transformative one in terms how it will affect the psyche of the average American. Capitalism will lose much of its lustre and credibility is my guess. 

There is a reason impeachment is such a rare event. This is likely to end up as the only 4th impeachment since Washington was inaugurated in the 1780s  There has been very bad presidents since then, and more than a few that history has shown has done impeachable acts. 

It's been rare because it takes a lot to pull it off. Even along party lines. So, this whole 'which hunt' claim by Trump and others is bullshit when you consider the rarity of the act. I will say this though, I think impeachment will become more common. We have had 2 in the last 50 years and about to have a 3rd. I think this shows that the political parties and the political divide has gotten worse than almost any time in the country's history save a few times (Civil War, Great Depression) 

The first impeachment, President Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln was for political expediency I think. Andrew Johnson was an onerous character. He was pro slavery, hated Blacks, racist to his core but did not believe the union should be dissolved over it and Lincoln chose him as VP only because he was a pro union southerner, to "balance the ticket" . The Congress was pro Lincoln and sought to stifle him at every turn and ended with impeachment over a matter that was totally unfair. A law was enacted that Johnson could not choose his own cabinet to replace Lincoln's. Totally unfair and he did and was impeached over it and barely risked losing office. 

In my opinion both the Nixon and now Trump impeachments were warranted. I think the Clinton impeachment was along the lines as Johnson. It was done purely to remove someone the Republicans could not do through a ballot box. I've written on here a few times where the main article of impeachment had 2 precedents that supported Clinton. 

Try as they could in vain (and a plethora of articles on here by Cav that it was impending), the Republicans tried for any iota to impeach Obama but he, being a constitutional scholar and professor, could navigate that minefield adeptly. He had to be pristine and to his credit he was in comparison to other Presidents. 

If we are honest, Trump is an impeachment waiting to happen. The miracle is he hadn't been prior to his 3rd year. Without one iota of doubt, any other President would have been impeached and removed by now. It's a testament to his hardcore support that it hasn't. .They may not be the majority of the voting public but Trump enjoys a devotion Hitler would envy...lol. 

So the Republican voice in the impeachment hearings is part of the impeachment? LOL..you can't make this up. There are central American dictators laughing right now. Nunes needs to be off the committee and investigated. There is a wide berth given in these hearings. No one is without a connection tangentially but even this is beyond the pale. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nunes-claims-doesn-t-recall-134645185.html

Two things. Foreign leaders have two general opinions on Trump. 1. He's intellectually lacking, a buffoon and/or 2. He's dangerous. 

Second thing. Trump may be the fist U.S. President ever where a majority of the people either have no issue or support foreign leaders, especially allies, mocking him. 

As to the second, I'm not saying its right, but I'm saying that's the current state of things. I personally don't think its a good thing obviously but I can't argue that they are off base. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-trudeau-two-faced-nato-leaders-video-mocking-him-145111328.html

But the electoral college has decided (Yes, I did not say voters. More voted for Clinton) and Trump is the leader. We need to address the electoral college. When the majority of people can't elect its own leader there is something deeply wrong. Its un-democratic. A Republican has not been elected with a majority of the population since 1988 to put that in its proper context.