Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

A former co worker, acting supervisor at the time, Trump supporter from Louisiana, has a confederate flag tattoo on his shoulder but ironically enough hates white women. Dates 'people of color' (I personally don't like that PC term): latinas, creoles from the French quarter, Turkish women, Black women, etc has a many of our (former employees at this same place) whatsapp and just sent a message about the impeachment and said 'Trump just got re-elected'. He means that he and others will come out to vote for Trump now. 

I think he may be right. The election can go either way but I also think the country may go like the 1920s into the 1930s. Trump spoke about the bad economy that was masked by trumped up numbers during the Obama years but when he took over used those same numbers to say how good he is doing. He co-opted the Obama economy. If as expected a crash of mammoth proportions happens during his second term if re-elected and it will likely happen within his first year or two, he won't be able to spin his way out of it. He will have a presidency similar to Bush in his last year in office. He will be the new Herbert Hoover. I'm not wishing it mind you. I know the pain it will bring not just to America but to millions, possibly billions globally because no crash will be only a domestic event. It will have a domino effect globally. 

But this is a USA thread. Domestically, it will be bad. My guess on possible outcomes? He will blame everyone but himself as usual. Any scapegoat. Some of his supporters will abandon him as they did Bush. The lukewarm ones. I think we will see an increased in mass shootings at that time. And the targets are going to be the scapegoated people Trump named. I pray it doesn't happen but I can see that occurring. 

And in the off year elections, the Dems will sweep both houses of Congresses and stymie anything Trump wants to do and this will exasperate the division. He will blame the Dems for blocking his measures to address it. Probably the  bailing out the industries that supports him. This will in turn trigger a few folks and we will see some targeting of politicians. 

40 percent of the American people make $18,000 a year or less. One bipartisan project that both parties agree on but due to deep divisions we don't do is spend on infrastructure. If we do it right it would greatly soften an anemic economy for the poor half of America. 

We need over a trillion dollars worth of all manner of infrastructure. Millions of unskilled to highly skilled (engineers, technicians, etc) jobs. I would recommend the following. Make it a bipartisan effort so that no party takes credit similar to the race to the moon. Mandate only US companies if at all possible do the work and priority those companies who are fully domestic and not global US companies who will export the revenue. 

• Like 1

More crazy predictions. This is going to sound crazy but I think the Republicans will eventually get a sizable chunk of the latino vote..yes, latino vote. The term latino vote is much too broad. It's by far the most diverse voting bloc. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Mexican Americans, Central Americans, Dominicans are all distinct from each other and loosely share things in common. Even their language divides them. A Dominican and an Mexican conversing is akin to a Texan and a Scot trying to communicate. 

That said, the biggest latino group that will vote Republican are the Cubans. Latinos as a whole will vote according to the their socioeconomic level. Middle and upper class latinos of all stripes will vote far more Republican than Democratic in the future I presume. Fair skinned latinos already are listed as white on their IDs such as driver's license and they will vote Republican. They will be co opted as part of the majority group just like the Irish, Jews and Sicilians before them. 

Asians will end up voting far more Republican as well. Asians are now being split on supporting Democrats because of university admissions. They feel they are being arbitrarily punished in admissions for other minority groups. 

So, the Republican party has a future, but it will still be a minority party. 

Again, who does Trump work for?

Trump is scheduled to meet with the Russian foreign minister today. The meeting will be Sergei Lavrov's first trip to Washington since his controversial meeting with Trump in 2017, during which Trump divulged classified information to the Russians the day after he fired then-FBI Director James Comey. There are no details on what Trump plans to discuss with Lavrov, but Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has confirmed that he will also attend today's meeting. (NPR / Axios)

Pompeo sticks his neck out a lot for Trump, they must think it's worth it, that the end game will be a win. 

On 12/9/2019 at 4:11 AM, chocolat steve said:

My guess its more than just I want to kill Imperialist Americans. I did a stint in Saudi Arabia at one of their air bases instructing future technicians for the F 15. I have friends that were at the Navy base. Pensacola is a huge naval base. He could have chosen a much better area of the base to inflict more damage. But he chose a specific classroom. If we find out he was in that class then it was something much more personal and he may have used America as an excuse over some personal violation of his honor. Maybe he was flunking out. Maybe he felt his culture and religion was being insulted to the point of no return. 

Trump immediately struck a conciliatory tone toward King Salman of Saudi Arabia. A senior administration official said the president's initial tweet, after his phone call with King Salman, was ill-advised given it came before law enforcement had established the facts about the shooter's motives or whether other Saudis were involved in planning the attack. 

• "King Salman of Saudi Arabia just called to express his sincere condolences and give his sympathies to the families and friends of the warriors who were killed and wounded in the attack that took place in Pensacola, Florida," Trump tweeted on Friday. 
  • "The King said that the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter, and that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people."

Cav, why does Trump not say something from the American point of view? Why is he being The Saudi media spokesperson?

• 💬 Quotables: "Elections are the cornerstone of democracy and are foundational to the rule of law. But the integrity of our next election is at risk from a president who has already sought foreign interference in the 2016 and 2020 elections, and who consistently puts himself above country. That is why we must act now." –House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler

• 💬 Quotables: "The argument 'why don't you just wait' amounts to this: 'Why don't you just let him cheat in one more election? Why not let him cheat just one more time?'" –House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff

• 💬 Quotables: "WITCH HUNT!" –Trump

Bill Barr has been talking in public, but he's skilled, in not talking, about the important stuff.

He said that he was "smart enough not to get involved in the Ukraine matter, or at least put it very low on the list". That to me means, he has made sure there is no direct evidence connecting him to it, despite Donald telling everyone to "Talk to Bill Barr, Talk to Rudy..."

When asked, if he accepted that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election,  Bill Bar said that he accepted that "Russia attempted to interfere..." Which to me means, in the absence of a Guilty plea from someone, it must have been only an attempt.... Yeah right...

As skilled as he is, in saying words, that Trump can construe as support,  Barr is obviously trying to establish a position, to distance himself, from these issues.