Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

I'm not sure what to make of it frankly. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-stock-market-rallies-crash-pelosi-senate-vote-a9253521.html

Trump impeachment sends stock market soaring, despite president's warning it would crash

Could be that they see life without Trump as profitable.

56 minutes ago, Coss said:

Could be that they see life without Trump as profitable.

The precious metals market hasn't budged much at all. They move in opposite directions usually. But gold and silver has held steady and not fell despite the market going up. Precious metals are a hedge against a bad economy and if the economy is doing great will be good for the foreseeable future, investors and traders aren't buying precious metals nearly as much. So, holding firm meaning they don't see this as an indicator of the economy's future. 

By the way, the stock market is not a great indicator of macroeconomic trends. It's often a lagging indicator not a leading indicator. Anyway,  the markets are expected to keep going up through the first half of 2020 but after that anything can happen. 

21 minutes ago, Coss said:

Steve - his trial, when it eventually happens, is going to be really really interesting.

I'm actually not looking forward to it because its like watching a murder mystery when you already know what will happen. Also, its nauseating hearing the GOP outright lie about facts and motives. I can't stomach it. 

I literally feel like I'm living through a sanitized version of 1930s Germany propaganda. 

21 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I'm actually not looking forward to it because its like watching a murder mystery when you already know what will happen. Also, its nauseating hearing the GOP outright lie about facts and motives. I can't stomach it. 

I literally feel like I'm living through a sanitized version of 1930s Germany propaganda. 

....and all the lies from the Dems? Ohhhhh, I forgot... Orange man bad... Otherwise doesn't fit your narrative, which you support from the lying, fake news.. 

From a retired Marine Corps buddy. But what do Marines know anout anything anyway?

"The Democrats were calling for Trumps Impeachment, prior to his taking office... Trump asked Ukraine to investigate Burisma, prior to Biden announcing his run for POTUS. Plus Burisma was being investigated during Obama's Administration for corruption... Firing an Ambassador requires NO justification, they are appointed by the POTUS and serve @ his pleasure... Executive Privilege - The SCOUS has ruled that executive privilege and congressional oversight each are a consequence of the doctrine of the separation of powers. Derived from common law, that provides immunity from subpoena to executive branch officials in the conduct of their governmental duties... Charges dismissed."

A serious look at  the US today ...

Trump impeachment and a US state divided

Two things are taken very seriously in New Hampshire's Mount Washington Valley - politics and snow.

There was palpable excitement when several inches of the white stuff fell on Impeachment Day. But the vote itself garnered little more than a collective shrug of weariness and resignation.

Local radio stations gave equal weight to coverage of the proceedings and reports on which ski trails were operating.

"The partisans are very partisan and have already decided one way or the other and those in the middle are still undecided and probably a little disinterested," says Mark Guerringue, publisher of the Conway Daily Sun.

"What seems striking about this compared to the Clinton impeachment is that nobody can agree on the facts."

Like the rest of America, New Hampshire is divided. Donald Trump won his first primary victory here in 2016 and lost to Hillary Clinton by less than half a percentage point. His reelection campaign believes he can win next year.

Support for the president is strong among Republicans while Democrats are celebrating Wednesday's vote to impeach him. But New Hampshire also has a strong independent streak - the state motto "live free or die" is proudly displayed on license plates.

How impeachment will influence the state's unaffiliated voters - if at all - will be the real test in the coming months.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50831648

What real Americans are doing...

We worked the DFW airport last night or shall I say we didn’t get out of there till 245 this morning. There were 1200 soldiers coming through it was a private event. I couldn’t tell you how many soldiers told us how excited they were to go home because they haven’t seen their dog in at least six months. So we brought a lot of smiles.

image.thumb.png.b729195a42a53d24ec728343e2fedd08.png

• Like 1