Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

2 hours ago, Coss said:
  1. Trump once said that he believes Ukraine — not Russia — interfered in the 2016 election because Putin told him so, according to multiple former Trump officials. After a private meeting with Putin in 2017 at the G20 summit, Trump became insistent about the now-debunked conspiracy, saying he knew Ukraine was the real culprit because "Putin told me." (Washington PostCNN / MSNBC)

2. A prominent evangelical Christian magazine called for Trump's removal from office a day after he was impeached by the House. Christianity Today published an editorial charging Trump with attempting "to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents." The magazine said Trump's actions were "not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral." Trump responded by lashing out on Twitter and calling it "far left" magazine that "knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President." (Christianity Today / New York Times / Washington Post / The Independent)

reiteration , 2 actually.

It all doesn't matter to the support. I'll guess about 90 percent or so of his rabid support look the other way on everything because they saw the dog whistle in the word 'great' being substituted for another word for his MAGA slogan and his actions support that. 

The one shining hope is that if Dems get a big turnout, not only will Trump lose but Congress will change hands. Republicans can turn out 100 percent and the fact remains there are more people willing to vote Democrat. They simply don't have the numbers if there is a big turn out. We saw it in November. The 2 big losses and close scare (Virginia legislature loss, Kentucky loss and Mississippi win for GOP) all had record turnouts for Republicans and they still loss. Fox News knows this and shockingly Dems know this and don't say it publicly. Why? They simply don't know politics at the leadership level. In part because they are bought off. The people with the real passion and know how aren't taking big Pharma, Wall Street and defense company money. 

..in addition. Obama was one of those smart outsiders initially. Arguably the smartest President in our era in terms of intellect. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar and there could be an argument made for him but you'll have to go back to possibly Wilson (President of Princeton University) for a president with a high intellect. When you are Harvard Law Review editor you are deemed the top law student in the nation and that editor usually has Supreme Court justices jockeying for him or her as their clerk.

Anyway, Obama overcame a huge deficit to catch and beat Hillary because he was non establishment at the time and had a grass roots campaign. Same with how AOC defeated the 2nd ranking Democrat behind Pelosi at the time, Joe Crowley. His district was supposed to be as reliable for him as a Swiss watch. Clinton and Crowley are poor campaigners. And its the reason why not only the Democrat establishment is scared shitless of her but also Republicans who spend a considerable amount of time attacking a young, freshman Congressperson. Unprecedented. The equivalent of a Parliament MP of no reknown from the likes of Plymouth (no offense to those from Plymouth 😁 ) She scared the Republicans as much as the establishment Dems ,maybe more. Why? Because she is the future. If people like her and the squad can galvanize voters in safe districts against big monied incumbents and win, they can do that in a Presidential campaign as well for a party in which the Republicans are already outnumbered and steadily decreasing due to simple demographics. 

As much as the GOP tries to paint her as 'dumb', they know she is nothing but that. As well as the others. And worst of all? They can't be bought or extorted. Both parties live in morbid fear of someone with integrity. It screws up the system. 

It's plainly obvious there aren't any Republicans that are like that. The impeachment exposed that. But the Dems have a few, Bernie being a quasi member. 

One of the advantages of being a fisherman is the ability to extrapolate from observable phenomena.

vis - when I see Seabirds working, that is, diving into the sea, in great numbers, I know two things. There are small fish there and there are almost surely, larger fish below. Also dolphins and whales could be there. There will be no Lions, no Tigers and no Nostril Monsters from the planet Zorg.

So when I see a broad range of credible and even some not so credible, media, all reporting the same thing, I can usually accept that reporting as factual. i.e. Trump has been impeached. I believe this.

There is something that is gaining a lot of coverage, world wide, presently, about Trump in his Helsinki meeting with Putin. This is the one where Trump confiscated notes and made sure no one could ever report on it. Before the meeting, staff were telling him, be careful, Putin lies, Putin is ex KGB etc, etc. Then when Trump came out of the meeting, he was spouting the Ukraine fallacy, because Putin told him so.

Now for Cav and the other Trumpanzees; if this is true and Ukraine was supporting Hillary and the evil Dems; Why Would They Hack Their Own Supportees and  Then Help Trump Win The Election? Why would they set Comey up to damage Hilary so much that Trump won the election?

So what Trump is saying is that, I am impeached because Ukraine is evil and woe is me. But what that means is that Ukraine damaged Hilary and Helped Trump... Except it wasn't Ukraine, it was Russia.

So why is this? Why is Trump so wedded to Putin's talking points?

Piss Tape

Coss, the scary thing is his hardest core supporters don't see Putin as the enemy. They agree with Putin on some larger issues. Even if you had unimpeachable proof Trump has gotten marching orders from Putin they'd still support if he continues with his policies. It's way more than that. If the end result is staving off a left of center America as one of a few things the a few of them will literally kill over as been shown by mass shooters,  there literally is nothing Trump can do wrong. 

If we learned that the last 3 years Trump had been compromised on some things by Russia, they'd say 'so what? what harm did it do?' Many if not most are looking at this as a right or wrong issue with regards to ethics, morality and the law and its way past that. It's about a vision of what they think things should be and any means, fair or foul is okay. 

25 minutes ago, Pom Michael said:

Impeached - or maybe not? 

My money is on  that there will be no impeachment. If the Dems had solid evidence, they would have marched the matter over to the Senate, but they are delaying so they have nothing. They are hoping to find something to bring to the Senate so they delay...

59 minutes ago, Pom Michael said:

Impeached - or maybe not? 

He's impeached PM. The delay ha ZERO to do with the strength of the case, its a tactic to help the Democrats in the Senate. It won't matter, the Republicans control the vote but the delay is the Democrats in the House of Representatives trying to help the Democrats in the Senate. Specifically because the Senate majority leader has unabashedly said he is partisan and will work with the defense in rigging the trial. No witnesses that the Dems want, things like that. And the delay is to try to force Dems being able to provide a strong case. 

• Haha 1