Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

3 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Nope. It seems a prez is not impeached until the articles of impeachment have been delivered to the Senate. Nancy is dicking around and hasn't done that yet. Therefore, he has not yet been impeached!  :xmascheer

Fair point, but can you see the articles not being delivered?   It's like saying, as we are watching a car, travelling at 100 mph into a brick wall, that at 2 inches away from the wall, there is no accident.

As a German, I dare to express my opinion about the current political landscape and the current political personnel of the USA. A few comments, personal assessments of a foreigner.

I was very happy about Trump's election victory. Among other reasons, because the German mainstream media (TV, radio, leading newspapers) are terribly green-left-wing and have longed for the election victory for Frau Clinton.
The anger, the hate, the disappointment was visible in the faces of important German journalists and other big people after Trump's victory. I enjoyed my malicious-joy then.

about Trump:
In my opinion he is an illiterate person, a crude block, erratic and eccentric. In his decisions and actions so far, there is hardly a guideline, a uniform line to be recognized.
Only the one: not to start any more wars or to get involved in wars.
That is the only positive point I see at the moment.

to the Democrats:
The current Democratic leadership seems to me to have drifted very far into the Green-Left spectrum politically.
Moreover, almost all of them - except for one candidate - are older or the same age as Trump (Biden, Sanders, Frau E. Warren).
With this politically very far left-green program and with this personnel the USA would fall into the abyss economically, scientifically and technically; of course not suddenly; the USA is a powerful country with strong social structures. But the country would slowly but inexorably become weaker in all sectors.

Given the miserable intellectual state of the US political elite in both parties, I seriously wonder:
Does this country no longer have educated people, with broad intellectual horizons, intelligent judgment.
I do not understand any of this.

Live from Düsseldorf  -  Nasiadai - Bakwahn

I think in rules of German syntax and they are different from the rules of the English language. Sorry for that.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that the Democratic party is now far or even fringe left in leadership. Nothing could be farther than the truth. The far left has a little more people elected (a handful) but they do not head any committees. The leadership is firmly centrist. Pelosi on down. The leadership takes Wall Street money, big Pharma money, pretty much any money. 

Clinton and Obama were centrists. The candidates that lost to Repubiicans (Gore, Kerry, Clinton) were all centrists and even slight. Gore didn't go full green till after he lost. It was never a huge part of his campaign. His campaign focused on social security being robbed. Just because there are more candidates today who are farther left, doesn't mean the leadership is. 

I expect the party leadership to eventually shift left, especially in terms of climate change but as of now, the leadership and the media area firmly against them. Even the media that the right considers left, MSNBC, CNN, if you look at their coverage they don't support Sanders especially and nominally Warren. 

Wanting Trump to win because of some animus within your own country? Just to spite them? I'm trying to get my head around that. Trump is obviously a global threat, Germany included. 

Or how Trump's election can be good for Germany...its' been proven it hasn't. 

I think both the media and especially politicians are doing the rule of law a complete disservice by taking into account public opinion on impeachments. This would include the Clinton impeachment when Democrats were siting his high approval rating as well as the robust economy. 

Again, why the fuck(and I'm using the word in its strongest term) should public opinion be considered at all for violation of laws? It's extremely dangerous. It makes impeachment a popularity contest. Either Trump did impeachable acts or he didn't. Who gives a fuck what the people think? 

I would guarantee you that if a man found out his child was molested and he went over to the man's house and shot him, that public opinion would favor him by almost 100 percent. So, he shouldn't be punished? 

I would guarantee you that if we found out the cops planted evidence on a known terrorist, public opinion would be to still find him guilty. Should he go to jail? 

The law is the law. You can't have a society based on the law being a popularity contest. 

Why the Dems didn't petition the Supreme Court for the entire phone call, I have no idea. This transcript is an abridged version. Its not the word for word transcript. Even a word for word is not good enough, it does not tell the tone and context. 

If you read "I'm gonna kill him" and you hear me laughingly say "I'm gonna kill him" its two totally different things. 

Anyway, for me its not even debatable and I will gladly accept any critique that i am ignoring this or that. I'm not going to argue 1+1 not does not equal 2. Has zero do with hatred of anyone. The law and the facts. And its the only thing that stands between me (or you) and any incident in America. Because all too often we've seen the facts and the law ignored. There are 1000s of people who have been in jail and decades later exonerated because those two things were ignored at trial. 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/white-house-official-ordered-aid-ukraine-withheld-90-145314205--abc-news-topstories.html

Finally, I am 100% confident, history will prove those of us who oppose Trump and like those who supported Nixon throughout the watergate investigation up to and including even when he resigned, like them, we won't hear a peep from those who supported Trump or excuses will be at the ready. 

You don't hear many (I've only heard one, Larry Elder) Bush supporters saying they still think he had a good presidency. 

1 hour ago, Nasiadai said:

...., because the German mainstream media (TV, radio, leading newspapers) are terribly green-left-wing and have longed for the election victory for Frau Clinton.

I know I am not allowed to comment any of Nasiadai´s thoughts but as we are facing utter nonsense I may take the liberty to disrespect the rules for a minute.

I do not know what N considers leading German newspapers being terribly green-left. Including tabloid BILD we are looking at 3 others Süddeutsche, Welt and Frankfurter. 3 of all are straight forward conservative US-friendly papers. Süddeutsche is kind of liberal (in the European meaning) and far from green-left. None of these did support Donald and would have been happy about anybody else winning the trophy including Hillary, that is certainly true. Like any other human being with some brains left. I read Süddeutsche and Frankfurter on regular basis, which is what I would recommend N to gain a wider picture of the world than his beloved ( right-wing) AFD-party would ever be able to offer. ( N outet himself as AFD-supporter earlier).

None of the numerous TV and Radio-stations available here are "terribly" green-left-wing as N thinks. Who would that be ? One of the 2 public state-owned TV-systems ARD does probably tend to the left but the other ZDF speaks for the opposite.

As we can see again, the Trump universe is unable to deal with free press unless it sucks the master´s dick like FOX and dares to question his moves.